• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Hahaha this is gonna be empty

I mean, relative to what it usually has? Probably. But I don't think this thread's going to die anytime soon. One of us will always be willing to throw out a reminder that they want people to push X or Y in the budget, or will tie the Ballot to some other game announcement in some way (And seeing how MGSV just came out...).

The Shovel Knight one's going to drop like a bag of bricks within an hour of the maintenance, though. Gotta get those last few salt/mocking posts in, yanno?

Frofro

Banned
Really happy to see K Rool's support stay strong and grow over the past decade. If he doesn't make it in as DLC, I'm sure the next we'll see him is in DKC Arctic Heat. He's one of those characters that is bound to make it in Smash eventually (Kinda like how Little Mac for a while now)

Man, everyone is giving up. Yall will be blown away when we get a secret character that just pops up in the shop after the update. Get ready!

*I still believe in the Shovel.

Dr. Buni

I was playing with the K. Rool Mii costume and it made me want him playable even more. But obviously Dixie should come first :')

\/ Exactly why Dixie should come first.

Richie

Yeah I'd welcome both Dixie and K. Rool with open arms, both are not only deserving but their respective qualities enrich the whole roster. Bring on the heroine and the villain!

Russ T

Banned
Both Dixie and K Rool belong in the toilet! Along with every character from the original DKC games except for Donkey Kong himself.

Okay Cranky's all right.

Clearly you all are ignorant fools.
We need Segata Sanshiro playable.

tumblr_m9l4hmb81X1qg6ae4o1_500.jpg

It's only like an hour or two now before we realize it's probably nothing.

I think from here it looks like September 13th would be the next likely DLC date, since it's the one year anniversary.

kirby_fox

Banned
Scrolling on Facebook and "new challenger approaching" next to Nintendo logo shows up in my feed.

Took me a second to realize it was an ad for the previous DLC. They admittedly had me for a second.

kirby_fox

Banned
What if we are not getting more DLC characters in 2015 :O

I'd be ok with that if it meant January we had a huge blowout of characters, costumes and stages. Instead of selling it piecemeal they sold it all for $20.

I think waiting that long AND getting a discount if we buy it all would be ok. If anything though, we're gonna get more costumes this year though.

Drago

Or a week if they do something on the anniversary.

There's no reason to think we have to wait two months. The ballot ending is meaningless, 99% of the votes that will ever be cast have already been cast.
I'm sure there will be a decently sized surge near the end when everyone starts saying "only 1 week left til the Ballot ends!" etc.

Probably nothing massive or super significant but there will be an uptick in voting for sure. Last day surges can sometimes be as big as the first day, and I have no reason to doubt the Ballot seeing a surge.

There's no reason to think we have to wait two months. The ballot ending is meaningless, 99% of the votes that will ever be cast have already been cast.
Expect votes for Undo Dog to skyrocket after he makes his triumphant return in Mario Maker next week.

Hatchtag

Banned

Goomba doesn't have his own spin-off franchise that is better than the main series.

Goomba also isn't used on like every piece of Mario advertising like Slime is for Dragon Quest. Mario also constantly has the same protagonists, whilst Dragon Quest doesn't.

Seriously go play Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime and tell me you don't want that charming motherfucker in this game.

Zubz

Banned

Should we really be expecting an Anniversary update, though? Besides, it took me until Saturday to ground myself about PAX not having a reveal; I'm fine with waiting a bit longer for something. I still don't think it'll be a 2 month wait, but maybe mid-October we'll see something in a new Direct?

I mean, I know the Slime is more iconic of its series, but I don't really care for the thing. It's limbless and dull. Nonetheless, Japan loves the character, so I'm not saying it's impossible, nor do I flat-out not want it like Red Cat from Yokai Watch. But if there were to be a character that'd flat-out disappoint me, it'd be the Slime from Dragon Quest.
Only Square characters I'd want would be Neku and Marina Liteyears, anyway.

kirby_fox

Banned
You know what would be nice for an anniversary?

Getting an update that allows you to obtain all the customs. Just unlocks them all if you want to. Hit a button and boom.

Forget characters, give me that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Brace yourselves, SmashGAF. This is gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooong 2 months.

You've gone from jumping to conclusions about server maintenance to jumping to conclusion based on a baseless rumour. When will lessons be learnt?

Dr. Buni

I am not falling for your tricks.
You know what would be nice for an anniversary?

Getting an update that allows you to obtain all the customs. Just unlocks them all if you want to. Hit a button and boom.

Forget characters, give me that.
Meh. Would prefer an update that would let me use customs and Mii Fighters in For Fun/For Glory instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom