• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

If there's a Square rep, it's going to be Cloud, not Sora. Also, has anyone voted for Mickey Mouse? I think he would be a great addition to the roster.

Why? Sora is much more relevant to Nintendo than Cloud is.

edit: Dracula himself would be the coolest Castlevania rep

Village

The only thing I really fear happening is something like Shadow because of the small kids voting. Having Sonic makes it easier, hopefully Sakurai has a norm of only 1 character for each third party franchise.

It isnt just small kids,1Voted for that man immediately.Dont brush votes off as kids guy.

Shadow is optimal situation

If there's a Square rep, it's going to be Cloud, not Sora. Also, has anyone voted for Mickey Mouse? I think he would be a great addition to the roster.

But cloud has fuckall to do with nintendo lol
If there's a square rep it would be from a game that came out on a nintendo console. See FFVI, SMRPG, FFTA, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, etc.

I take it you haven't played her game. The art is very classic Castlevania.

images
You're talking to a shamelessly loyal Castlevania fan if you didn't figure out the rampant enthusiasm displayed in this thread. You think I'd pass up any mainline title in the series? I have all the DS and GBA ones. And I'm critiquing that specific illustration, not the one you posted. And my comment still stands. If anyone from Castlevania is in the game is needs to be Simon. I can't even remember the name of the character in that picture. All the Igavanias just blend together.

When someone uses "anime character" in that way, its clear it just means "thing I don't like for arbitrary reason X only perceivable to me" rather than any kind of nuanced critique :p

Not arbitrary at all. The illustration looks silly to me.What's with the ridiculous high heels? Isn't she a warrior or a fighter? Anyway, you disagree with me so who cares. It's a personal preference.

Honestly, this is just a show of good will. You will never truly know the results and I highly doubt that Nintendo would ever truly show them. There is no IP block so this vote is being countlessly spammed daily and the noise to signal ratio hopelessly skewed.

They already have a DLC plan, they just want people to seem involved and generate more awareness for the game.

Honestly, this is just a show of good will. You will never truly know the results and I highly doubt that Nintendo would ever truly show them. There is no IP block so this vote is being countlessly spammed daily and the noise to signal ratio hopelessly skewed.

They already have a DLC, they just want people to seem involved and generate more awareness for the game.

Do you know how easy it is to trace your IP? They'll probably remove all of your votes if you vote too many times. That being said, I agree with the notion that they probably have a few characters planned already.

After voting for Captain Syrup yesterday, today I voted for:
  • Phoenix Wright (from the Ace Attorney series)
  • Maxwell (from Scribblenauts)
  • Blob (i.e. the main character from de Blob)
  • Abraham Lincoln (from his Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. appearance)
  • Crono (from Chrono Trigger)
  • Chibiterasu (from Okamiden)
  • Henry Hatsworth
  • Shantae

I also tried voting for a Slime from the Dragon Quest series, but I think that one pushed me over my limit, as I got a "You are not allowed to access this page." message after trying to submit that one...

Ryce

They already have a DLC plan, they just want people to seem involved and generate more awareness for the game.
I don’t think the survey is as disingenuous as that. Nintendo never said that the winner would absolutely be made into a DLC character. The DLC is probably already planned out, but if there’s an unexpectedly popular character from the survey then Sakurai might look into adding them. He did the same thing during Brawl development; after being flooded with thousands of requests, the only character added as a direct result of the survey was Sonic. The rest of the roster was finalized before the survey even began.

Grylvak

It took me so long to figure out who I wanted in the game. I had to go with Sora from Kingdom Hearts. He would be such a good character, and the only one I could think of that wasn't Ridley or someone who has been in the past Smash Games.

spanks

Sell me on K. Rool. What does he offer to the table that the other character's don't? In DKC, his final boss battle involves him throwing a crown at you. HE THROWS. HIS CROWN. Don't even get me started on his entire plan to defeat Donkey Kong. He steals his bananas. He doesn't burn down the Kongo Jungle, or kidnap DK's family. No, his plan involves weakening Donkey Kong via a potassium deficiency.

1. He's a goddamn pirate.
2. His blunderbuss can shoot cannonballs, spiky balls, and jelly that slows you down.
3. It can also hoover you up and shoot you out!
4. And it can be used as a jetpack!
5. DKC2 is the best DKC.
6. His theme song is awesome.
7. Gangplank Galleon would make a perfect Smash stage.
8. He actually has a ton of personality.
9. Smash needs more DK characters.
10. Smash needs more villains.
11. Smash needs pirates. ARRRR!

I have a feeling Wonder Red is a fighter in the works, for the purpose of pushing/supporting more Wii U exclusive IPs (of which there aren't any outside of maybe Xenoblade via Shulk).
Bayonetta might get lucky too, though I have a feeling she's less likely to get in due to Nintendo having to go through Sega as well as Platinum.
I see Wolf and maybe Snake (the current turmoil between Konami and Kojima makes this doubtful) also as characters also likely to return.

I personally voted for Rayman, as I feel he's the most likely third-party candidate if guest fighters are still being considered. Still bitter over that fake leak (that at the very least showed there was demand/interest over the possibility of him being playable), and I bet he totally would had got in as a guest fighter from the beginning had Ubisoft not pulled the multiplatform delay BS with Rayman Legends.

ibsPgOcOKhwDfK.gif

Go Rayman go!

EDIT: Forgot about Splatoon, I'm sure an Inkling is definitely planned as a fighter too.
EDIT 2: And given how much of a fan-favorite King K. Rool has been / how long he's been requested for, I could see him getting in too, especially since they brought back the Kremlings for Smash Run.

I have a feeling Wonder Red is a fighter in the works, for the purpose of pushing/supporting more Wii U exclusive IPs (of which there aren't any outside of maybe Xenoblade via Shulk).
Bayonetta might get lucky too, though I have a feeling she's less likely to get in due to Nintendo having to go through Sega as well as Platinum.
I see Wolf and maybe Snake (the current turmoil between Konami and Kojima makes this doubtful) also as characters also likely to return.

I personally voted for Rayman, as I feel he's the most likely third-party candidate if guest fighters are still being considered. Still bitter over that fake leak (that at the very least showed there was demand/interest over the possibility of him being playable), and I bet he totally would had got in as a guest fighter from the beginning had Ubisoft not pulled the multiplatform delay BS with Rayman Legends.

ibsPgOcOKhwDfK.gif

Go Rayman go!

But ubisoft fucked nintendo over

ngower

Voted for Wonder Red. Can't believe I didn't think of Rayman. Only other character I'd be interested in is maybe Shovel Knight or Gunman Clive.

J@hranimo

Banned
But ubisoft fucked nintendo over

Man fuck THAT. I want the limbless wonder throwing his fists at mofos! I want his powers from Rayman 3! I want half of his normal attacks from Origins/Legends! The blueprint is there.

Also I would be completely ok if Wonder Red, King K. Rool or Bomberman were to make it in.

vall03

Not a popular choice but I voted for Jack Frost. I want some Atlus representation here. We're getting SMTxFE ffs and Atlus doesn't shy away from developing games for Nintendo systems. I say Jack Frost would definitely fit the mascot fighter theme of Smash series.

Jigolo

Fucking hell I just realized how quickly the community has forgotten about ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

The 3DS version can fuck right off.

This is our only chance to get Ice Climbers back!!

#iceclimberssm4sh

I voted for Impa and am going to leave it at that because I expect with all the ballot-stuffing and joke votes, they're just going to throw the whole thing out.

Neoxon

Fucking hell I just realized how quickly the community has forgotten about ICE CLIMBERS!!!!

The 3DS version can fuck right off.

This is our only chance to get Ice Climbers back!!

#iceclimberssm4sh
Like I said before, although it's dead competitively, the 3DS version sold double that of the Wii U version. The Ice Climbers aren't coming back in this game. They aren't gonna screw over the majority just to appease the minority.

I wonder if we'll get any clone DLC characters.

They're fairly easy to add. I could see this being the only way Roy and Pichu come back. Since they seem to be flexible with pricing, they could charge less for clones. I imagine Roy getting modest amounts of votes, and with the ease of making clones, it'd make a nice little bonus filler DLC between two more unique, major characters.

I think clones might happen. I'd actually like that, in fact. More characters, even clones, are always welcome.

Davey Cakes

The reason why Simon Belmont is a solid choice for a Konami rep is because he's the most iconic for Nintendo fans. Not unlike how they used Classic Mega Man and 90's Pac Man.

Plus he's pretty unique. What other characters use a whip, other than ZSS? And he would likely be a heavyweight with a whip too, not lightweight and acrobatic.

Characters like modern Alucard and Shanoa would be too much like Fire Emblem characters, I think.

tumblr_n8x7seePXd1sorarco1_r5_500.gif

I want to vote for the croc but....

King-K.-Rool.jpg

I don't really like his re-design....

latest

Or his manual appearance...

But if they go the Mega Man route and base his appearance from in-game then... it would be pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom