• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
13a.png

...fuck

Three newcomers is a sweet spot IMO

One newcomer is too restrictive and has potential to make one region feel unheard, like if they only added SK it would be horrible for Japan

Four, five, six or more newcomers is just crazy and unrealistic

Three is a perfect middle ground where they can add a diverse, popular trio that represent multiple good ideas and fan requests without taking up too much time, and then call it a day.

Basically Ryu times three, plus Wolf over a longer development than they used on Mewtwo and the other three

waddle dee would never say "shitty", he is a good boy. i refuse to accept this comic and as such will continue to critique the tastes of others.

Was looking up to see if Bandanna Waddle Dee was the sailor on the Halberd, because I was going to say he probably does swear, being a sailor. But it's not the same Waddle Dee, so he isn't a sailor.

Came across this though
Bandana Waddle Dee is the only major character from Kirby's Return to Dream Land who doesn't appear as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. In addition, he is the only playable character in Kirby's Return to Dream Land not to be playable in any game in the Super Smash Bros. series.

How on earth does Bandana Waddle Dee not have a trophy? It's pretty clear he's a popular character, since he's one of the highest voted in Japan, and yet he couldn't even get a model rip from Return to Dream Land?

Three newcomers is a sweet spot IMO

One newcomer is too restrictive and has potential to make one region feel unheard, like if they only added SK it would be horrible for Japan

Four, five, six or more newcomers is just crazy and unrealistic

Three is a perfect middle ground where they can add a diverse, popular trio that represent multiple good ideas and fan requests without taking up too much time, and then call it a day.

Basically Ryu times three, plus Wolf over a longer development than they used on Mewtwo and the other three

I think we'll get two more vets and two more new comers. Pretty much the same as the first round of DLC.

Count Mewtwo as a new comer, he required an extensive amount of work as his animation skeleton isn't based on any other character. The only DLC in fact, to not have a skeleton taken from another character. He was the vet that required the most work to bring back, as there was no base at all for them to work from and he had to be done entirely by scratch. There isn't even a character they could use as a reference to build from, he's too different.

kirby_fox

Banned
Was looking up to see if Badana Waddle Dee was the sailor on the Halberd, because I was going to say he probably does swear, being a sailor. But it's not the same Waddle Dee, so he isn't a sailor.

Came across this though

How on earth does Bandana Waddle Dee not have a trophy? It's pretty clear he's a popular character, since he's one of the highest voted in Japan, and yet he couldn't even get a model rip from Return to Dream Land?

Trophies sometimes make no sense. Diddy had no trophy in melee, but Dixie did. There's always someone missing in trophy form.

Count Mewtwo as a new comer, he required an extensive amount of work as his animation skeleton isn't based on any other character. The only DLC in fact, to not have a skeleton taken from another character. He was the vet that required the most work to bring back, as there was no base at all for them to work from and he had to be done entirely by scratch. There isn't even a character they could use as a reference to build from, he's too different.
I don't know--Mewtwo was clearly a more difficult task than Lucas or Roy, but he still skipped the raw conceptualization phase, which is no simple task.

I think we'll get two more vets and two more new comers. Pretty much the same as the first round of DLC.

I say three instead of two but with maybe one being a semi clone or something

This is the sort of thing where I can see Sakurai saying he wants to go out with a bang and 'apply himself' for the fans so he puts in a bit more effort with the last half of the DLC vs. with the first half

but two is more likely than one I think, especially if SK is legit...no way SK is the only newcomer when one entire region doesn't even know who he is and would react to him the same way they reacted to Little Mac, times 9,000

but two is more likely than one I think, especially if SK is legit...no way SK is the only newcomer when one entire region doesn't even know who he is and would react to him the same way they reacted to Little Mac, times 9,000
I wonder how people would feel if we got our Shovel Knight, but Japan got their Waddle Dee.

Maybe they noticed there was such a large regional difference between results so they just gave the two regions what they wanted, instead of trying to make two characters to please both equally.

Wolf
Pichu
Waddle Dee
Shovel Knight

And then the end, seems like a fairly decent line up actually. I'd be just as hype as the Japense would be for Waddle Dee. Smash would finally get a spear user, even if it's a little out of the box.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
For Smash DLC, my expectation is always one newcomer and one veteran. I have a feeling that we are going to have two more veterans and two more newcomers this time.

Edited: look like some people are going to be surprised by the ballots eventually.

Thing is with the exception of indies, Japan and America like the same characters mostly...Wolf, K.Rool, Isaac, Dee, Krystal, Paper Mario, Inklings, and more.

why cripple sales by having two worldwide wanted characters and one region exclusive popular one instead of three straight up worldwide wanted characters

logically, it makes no sense

kirby_fox

Banned
Logic? With Smash?

You done lost your mind if you're expecting logic. Especially from anyone in here including me.

I still believe in Ice Climbers

Who here likes 4chan rumors? Everyone? I thought so!

9RS1Yfp.png
I love baseless 4chan rumors

Bomberman would be fun of course. K Rool is the dream

Wolf is whatever, returning clones are blah unless they spruce him up like Roy was (I imagine they would)

I just don't see them doing a huge poll and then only adding ONE character from it.

More fake leaks please

:lol that was pretty cute. Bomberman have some of Snake's moves. I don't really see how.
The C4 as a sticky bomb, the grenade as a bomb throw, the uh mortar as... A bomb throw? The rocket as a remote bomb? It kind of falls apart if you try to do the whole set but I think I understand the idea behind it.

A lot of Snake's stuff was explosives and Bomberman has cartoony equivalents for most of it. Not all of it though...

Golnei

The idea of Bomberman as a Snake clone makes much more sense if you assume it's Act Zero Bomberman. Perhaps they'll sell him in a pack with Shadow the Hedgehog.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So let me get right to the point
I don't pop my leaks for every board I see
Hey big community
Please give attention to me!

Dr. Buni

Bomberman in Smash would be amazing (and would be a much more reasonable addition than Snake was in Brawl). As long as his character ignore everything that doesn't come from the SNES/Saturn games.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
As long as his character ignore everything that doesn't come from the SNES/Saturn games.

I did enjoy Bomberman RPGish adventure games of Quest and Tournament when I was younger.

But word on the grapevine is Sakurai's favourite Bomberman incarnation is Atomic Bomberman.

waddle dee would never say "shitty", he is a good boy. i refuse to accept this comic and as such will continue to critique the tastes of others.

I always really did like how Brawl in the Family was very tame and generally family friendly for the most part. A lot of comics out there like VG Cats tend to have a lot of violence and swearing and stuff, and while that can be funny, BITF's style was very refreshing in that regard and made it feel like the quintessential Nintendo comic.

If we're going to hear about DLC next Sunday, they'll probably announce the announcement within the next few days.

Or maybe not. Not sure, they might wait so it doesn't conflict with Mario Maker hype.

Wolf becomes a weaboo and has teh phyre claws?

Fire claws reminds me

What equipment will Wolf use, you think?

Nails or Blasters? Or will Wolf be like Charizard and use two equipment types? So far Charizard is the only one who uses more than one "special" type of equipment, being able to have both nails and x attack.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Fire claws reminds me

What equipment will Wolf use, you think?

Nails or Blasters? Or will Wolf be like Charizard and use two equipment types? So far Charizard is the only one who uses more than one "special" type of equipment, being able to have both nails and x attack.

I thought the Star Fox cast can use gloves too?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
If we're going to hear about DLC next Sunday, they'll probably announce the announcement within the next few days.

Or maybe not. Not sure, they might wait so it doesn't conflict with Mario Maker hype.
When they literally just announced Pikmin 4 in a random interview, I think we can assume there will be no Direct or video promoting whatever's coming for the time being. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom