• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
A texture/voice swap which was probably already done as an alt. As much as I would have preferred any other character if they were going for clones from the start, everything about Dark Pit suggests it was him or nothing.
Do you what's know the other texture/voice swap that's already in the game yet is not counted as a different character?

NIxvHJU.png

Fix this shit Sakurai.

Golnei

Do you what's know the other texture/voice swap that's already in the game yet is not counted as a different character?

NIxvHJU.png

Fix this shit Sakurai.

If only. He wouldn't even really need a new voiceset, seeing as the Falcons are always voiced by the same actor (except in the anime, where he's Liquid Snake). And while changes to the model (which would only really be the collar, helmet, pauldron and maybe boxer shorts) would be nice, they're not even that necessary - due to Smash Falcon wearing his scarf out, he's almost closer in silhouette to the in-series Blood Falcon than regular Captain Falcon.

Yes, he did. Apparently they ran out of time to work on Alph to become clone character since Pikmin and Alph might require more time to being worked on and being tested.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/29/plucky-little-guys-olimar-and-alph-in-smash-4/

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/01/smash-clones/

That makes sense - though looking at how similar Lucina and Dark Pit are, I don't think anyone would have minded more if Alph were identical.

But if Alph remaining an alt gives us the possibility of having Brittany join him as an Olimar alt in 5, it'll be worth it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Patch Mega Greninja into Smash Sakurai

EDIT: OH WAIT IT'S A FUSION?

LOLOLOLOL

EDIT2: Actually don't Sakurai. GameFreak ruined another good design.

Richie

I'd actually love to have Dark Pit back, but Luigified to hell and back. I'm fascinated by the notion of a character that is identical to another in looks and even weight, but has a notoriously different moveset to make up for it.

(Dark Samus would be a thousand times better).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No it's not a Fusion, apparently just Ash's Greninja wanting to look like Ash.

So yeah I want that, Ash's Frogadier is a total bro. He should bring his Mexican friend though.

NeonZ

Yeah I remember that, though I figured that's a case of story and gameplay segregation. Can't exactly have her copy Chrom's motions because that would be boring, and Marth copying hers was out of convenience. He and Lucina have different fighting animations in Fates iirc.

Many animations in Awakening were shared between various classes though.

I wasn't talking about Einherjar Marth, Lucina's own original Awakening battle animations were mostly homages to Marth's in previous games. That stance pictured above, the way she holds her sword in front of her face in some animations too (something that's mostly missing from both Marth and Lucina in Smash), her backflip, both her piercing and slash animations for skill activation...

Marth has some new animations in Fates, like his "waiting" stance, before getting in an actual battle stance, which is different now, but they're still rather similar. Lucina and Marth still share that same "counter" stance for example, and both still hold the sword in front of their head as part of their attack animations (although the animation itself is different now, since it flows from their pre-battle stance animation, which is different now).

Marth now has a multi-hit looking attack based on his old Rapier animations... but Lucina also got a similar looking attack, with the main difference being that Marth's attack seems to be faster and purposefully old school, with what looks like skipped frames (kind of like Wario in Brawl) while Lucina's has a fluid animation.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Welp, looks like we're gonna have to wait until October. I'm actually kind of worried that the Smash hype will die by then.

Smash hype shouldn't die that easily since there are a huge break between November (Mewtwo) to April.

When we get the announcement of reveal trailer(s) then that's when Smash Hype would revive in full force!

Azure J

Are you sure that you linked us to right post?

Yeah, it's the most up to date tally of votes so far.

Could you post them here, I really don't want to have to dig up my ancient Smashboards profile to look at them.

Sure thing.

Legend: CV = Cut Veteran, DR = Defined Role (Assist/Trophy/Boss), NN = Nintendo Newcomer, TP = Third Party, IN = Indie

Overall Ranks said:

Ranks Among Catagories said:

Changes in Rank Between First Tally (700 votes) and now (>1000 votes) said:

Edit: PK beating me to it lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh I figured I wouldn't clog up the thread with redundant images. Besides, Azure J's post was much better.

Oh I see.

I love the result but unfortunately it probably wouldn't resonated with real result of ballot because of several reasons.

1. the ballot would have way more votes, including casual players' votes which is more likely to not accurately match with those hardcore choices.

2. we are allowed to vote for almost every characters if we wanted to, instead of only one vote.

3. Vocal group is very loud but they are group of small numbers.

So
Correct me if I'm wrong but the average shows not necessarily who is most popular but who is most liked overall

You could have a real polarizing character with more 5s but many 1s and a character with an even distributions of #s and the last character would do better

Azure J

Someone mentioned a new Mii class (Spellcaster) and I was all over the idea from the get-go.

Oh I see.

I love the result but unfortunately it probably wouldn't resonated with real result of ballot because of several reasons.

1. the ballot would have way more votes, including casual players' votes which is more likely to not accurately match with those hardcore choices.

2. we are allowed to vote for almost every characters if we wanted to, instead of only one vote.

3. Vocal group is very loud but they are group of small numbers.

You're correct but I should mention that this is for that multi-page long poll SG is doing, not the "one name only" poll running alongside it. Either way, it's just something cool to consider, not a "bible" to work with.

EulaCapra

Hopefully we get some news by next weekend.

I was hoping we'd get news by September 13 on the Japanese 3DS anniversary, but I realized that any news would be taking away from Super Mario Maker's thunder.

Smash newcomers are too major can't be casually tweeted by NoA as an announcement. It may be a while but I think they are a shoo in for the next Nintendo Direct

I love how Mii used to be one of the most controversial and hated inclusions first, and now is actually fairly popular.

It took awhile for people to come around to them even being characters. Wikipedia still refuses to even list them as on the roster count. They were outright banned entirely from tournaments until just recently, and Mii Mains still struggle not knowing what aspects of their character will be allowed in particular tournaments. There's huge regional differences too, like Japan is fairly lenient on size and movesets, while US is super strict on one specific system amiibo with only 1111. So it's still not all good for Miis, and there's still lots of resentment that they're even on the roster. Pro-custom players also hold Miis hostage for custom moves occasionally, and there's been a lot of bitter arguments over how Miis should be handled, and the issue still isn't settled in the US scene.

I'd have nothing against Isaac being DLC and obviously being a K. Rool supporter am not remotely in a position to bring up relevancy, but I'm still surprised just how high up he is in that poll.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I love how Mii used to be one of the most controversial and hated inclusions first, and now is actually fairly popular.

Haha, that was hilarious. I'm all for Mii Mage!

It took awhile for people to come around to them even being characters. Wikipedia still refuses to even list them as on the roster count. They were outright banned entirely from tournaments until just recently, and Mii Mains still struggle not knowing what aspects of their character will be allowed in particular tournaments. There's huge regional differences too, like Japan is fairly lenient on size and movesets, while US is super strict on one specific system amiibo with only 1111. So it's still not all good for Miis, and there's still lots of resentment that they're even on the roster. Pro-custom players also hold Miis hostage for custom moves occasionally, and there's been a lot of bitter arguments over how Miis should be handled, and the issue still isn't settled in the US scene.

You should read first thread when Mii got leaked, and you should see the reactions.

I'd have nothing against Isaac being DLC and obviously being a K. Rool supporter am not remotely in a position to bring up relevancy, but I'm still surprised just how high up he is in that poll.

I presume that King Kool is lower than Isaac mainly it's because there are some haters that would rate him down on purpose to hurt his percent. Honestly, who cares about fake polls results. What does matter is the ballot's results. It will be a long waiting until we finally hear something from Nintendo and Sakurai.

More proof all a character has to do to become beloved is have Sakurai put them in Smash

I think Rooligan the user did a poll on this where he said which characters do you not want in Smash, and Dark Pit and Mii tied for the win.

No really you could have like Candy Kong or that creepy baby from Twilight Princess get in and they would become adored

Neoxon

This is actually very true. Smash turns things into defacto faces of Nintendo. An invite to the stage is essentially a fast track to perma-relevancy.
This is exactly why I want Wonder Red. It's the only way he & the entire W101 franchise can be salvaged.

Fun fact--if the 3DS wasn't throttling the Wii U version of this game we'd be able to play as the Ice Climbers in Super Mario Maker.

But we can't.

****The More You Know****

Fun fact--if the 3DS wasn't throttling the Wii U version of this game we'd be able to play as the Ice Climbers in Super Mario Maker.

But we can't.

****The More You Know****

And probably Alph as well, since the technical issues with Olimar wouldn't have wasted so much time that could have been spent making Alph a clone.

I like the 3DS version just fine but seriously fuck it

Fuck it for being the reason they cut Ice Climbers and castrated Olimar and made a costume of Alph

It's so frustrating having something holding Smash back.

I like the 3DS version just fine but seriously fuck it

Fuck it for being the reason they cut Ice Climbers and castrated Olimar and made a costume of Alph

It's so frustrating having something holding Smash back.

But the 3DS version is best version.

340+ hours and counting,

Don't even have WiiU version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom