• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
I haven't voted yet, so I don't see an option to see results. Is there any point at which you can see the results so far? I imagine not, since two people might vote for the same character but spell/word it differently.

No, there's no option to see the results. Though I'd like to see a thread with everything GAF has voted for.

Anyone volunteers?

Azure J

Hey me too. Awwww yiss.

I pitched her as a magic/melee combo, kind of a middle ground between Zelda and Sheik.

Yeah, I wanted this before we even saw HW Impa personally. There was a point when we didn't know whether or not transformations were going to be in Smash 4 where I was advocating for her to be a transformation character that would change between young and elder Impa as per Skyward Sword with elder being a time wizard and younger being a magical chi fighter.

Neiteio

Are the (occasionally endearing) lunatics at Smashboards going nuts with this?

I'm afraid my brain will melt and trickle out my ears if I look.

Neiteio

Impa would seem like a plausible character that ticks all the boxes. One would think Nintendo would be open to a new Zelda character in Smash.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Are the (occasionally endearing) lunatics at Smashboards going nuts with this?

I'm afraid my brain will melt and trickle out my ears if I look.

Probably not to pre-release levels of insanity. Most of character discussion people probably stopped showing up a little while after the game released. I remember that happening with Brawl.

This is probably so far from the truth but I've been entertaining a strange thought for a while that seems to be getting a bit more traction after this direct.

I imagine that a hidden positive to doing all this work is that whatever engine and assets they're using for this Smash are far more modular and modern than the ones they've had to use previously for Melee/Brawl and as such, creating more characters, assist trophies, and stages now might mean a comparatively smaller workload for any future titles. It also seems like they're ready to embrace the idea of Smash as its own dedicated "service" or "shop" where buying the game gets you the base but getting extra "hats" (re: characters) over time base on current Nintendo's properties is the endgame.

I can easily see a situation where "Smash 5" is just a ported Smash 4 to Nintendo's new console that comes with all Smash 4 DLC, with some added features, more improved graphics, and a handful of new exclusive characters (like Ice Climbers).

Smash really is getting to the point where redoing all characters every 6-7 years isn't feasible anymore without substantial cuts, and at the end of Smash 4's life, if only 1-2 characters are actually entirely gone from the series, people may not accept Smash 5 making major cuts that it would have to make.

Based on the Megaman/Sonic/Pacman useage too, it seems Nintendo may have a more solid contract on these universes, meaning nobody will need to be cut for license reasons.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can't really decide who should rep for RH.

People say Choir Boys but I bet it's mostly influenced by the leak rather than anything else.

Karate Joe would be too... generic. No more different than with Samurai (and personally I prefer Samurai for the "RH vet" and it's not like they're the only ones).

I'd want Barista but he's too obscure in RH itself.

There's Marshall, but people would say he doesn't exist in the GBA game (even though he's based on the Nightwalk guy).

gunstarhero

Voted Bomberman - he seems to be a good fit along side Mario, Pac Man, Megaman and Sonic as an important gaming character icon.

I also associate him with the TurboGrafx 16 - which really has no representation in Smash.

Niosai

I decided to go full crazy and vote for Goku. The game was co-developed by Bamco, so I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

I decided to go full crazy and vote for Goku. The game was co-developed by Bamco, so I don't think it's that much of a stretch.

Bandai-Namco doesn't own the rights to Goku.

They own a license that lets them make specific video games that they have to run past Shueisha.

Reule

Telling anyone I know personally to go for Simon Belmont. I at least want him up there in the top five to be considered for DLC. If not for Wii-U then maybe for the next Smash.

Simon Belmont amiibo, man. The dream will not die!

all this impa talk reminds me of something I used to say a lot back in the days of smashgaf.................

I'm not too sure they won't patch out ATs who they want to make full characters. I casted a vote for Dillon (among others), so I hope they do at least consider current ATs. Dark Samus, Takamaru, Dillon, there are just too many good candidates among them.

In my mind, ATs are actually decent candidates because they already have lower-poly models, textures, skeletons, and a few animations to work off of. Just up the poly count and texture detail and they have a solid base. Of course most of the work is moves and balance but still.

guys look I emphasize with you but uh

they're not going to do that lol

Is this a late April Fools joke? Because he literally does both of these things. In Donkey Kong Country 2, DK is kidnapped. In Donkey Kong Country 3, DK and Diddy are kidnapped. And in Donkey Kong 64, he tries to nuke their island with a giant laser. Saying "all he can do is throw is crown" is not only wrong, but ignores what are arguably the greatest games in the DK franchise. K. Rool would be a heavyweight fighter who relies on projectiles and deceptive, dirty tactics rather than brute force. The game is in dire need of more villains, and K. Rool fits the bill quite nicely. Plus, I'm sure we'd all agree that the DK series was woefully underrepresented in the initial release. I'd like to see Dixie as well, but K. Rool is a far more interesting character with potential for uniqueness. I love the old bumbler.

For detailed moveset possibilities, I highly recommend taking a look at this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/k-ro...-krocthevote-time-for-our-finest-hour.324259/

In the meantime, please enjoy these pretty pictures.
V26tQjN.png

I would LOVE to see a donkey kong game where King K Rool is drawn this way.

Tregard

Soothsayer
But Duck Hunt Dog jumped over the bush in the game.

Touché

Backflips are jumps imo, also jumpslashes. That's for 3D zeldas.
In several 2D zeldas you have a jumping item too

Eeeh I don't buy it, Cpt. Toad was originally going to be a game starring Link is where most of my thinking comes from, so if he could potentially feature in both that and Smash, so could the Captain himself.

I would pay GOLD to see a DLC trailer like the Lucas one where Samus is fighting vs Other M Ridley in Pyrosphere stage, and suddenly Super NES/Zero Mission Ridley enters blowing Other M Ridley a kick in the head and the character title card appears RIDLEY: Is NOT too big to fight!

Boney

Banned
I'm kinda horrified that even gaf is like put shadow and goku. Why not put spongebob in there and make my day!

Vote responsibly people

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda horrified that even gaf is like put shadow and goku. Why not put spongebob in there and make my day!

Vote responsibly people

Horrified? I mean, some people are taking this poll about as seriously as it deserves to be. I.e., not at all.

CAR105 3

Yesterday I voted for Richter and Metal Sonic, but I decided to cast an extra vote for Dracula because aside from Ganondorf and Bowser there isn't much representation from big bad villains in smash, and since Dracula appeared first on the NES, I think he would be amazing.

And honestly I prefer dracula over Simon.

In fact his dracula X: Chronicle model and Richter's model from the same game for the PSP, with a few modifications fits perfectly in smash
157210-Castlevania_-_The_Dracula_X_Chronicles_(USA)-1.jpg

So IMO
Dracula>Richter>Simon
But any three of them would be great.

Stulaw

I'm thinking of voting for 9-Volt, Mona and Jimmy T from Wario Ware. Already voted for Melia from Xenoblade, may also go for Wonder Red, Impa, Dixie Kong and Captain Rainbow.

Dracula is an interesting character. There's a Smash rule, that characters must have originated in a video game to be added.

Which means Dracula cannot be a Smash character. But if Castlevania is ever added as a series, Dracula would be an obvious character.

Really curious case with that character.

RomanceDawn

Village

Vote responsibly people

Shadow is the most responsible vote

Also he's a video game character, and in the game.

Unlike spongebob and goku.

semisonic

Banned
Did not see any wonder red hype this page.
For shame.

I think I might actually love the idea of a smash charge character, that charges up his unite morphs in order to get more damage and range.
There's no way that if he gets in, he's going to be just the baseline version without unite morphs. It's how they
might
do those that's going to be interesting.
Normally I would throw my vote away on lyn but she's gonna be in project m anywaysseeing all these true believers here in the Neo has given me hope.
I have a dream.
And only you crazy assholes can make it happen.
The time has come.
Let's defend the earthput a pretty cool guy in smash
GIF_-_Wonderful_101_Thumbs_Up_zps7f241b13.gif

TEAM, UNITE UP!

Village

He's already an Assist Trophy

also he's shadow

Yes,

And yes.

Both very valid reasons to put him in the game. And if Sakurai cares about lore inconsistencies, all shadow assist trophies are now the shadow androids from his game and heroes. Done.

Soul Lab

Normally I would throw my vote away on lyn but she's gonna be in project m anywaysseeing all these true believers here in the Neo has given me hope.
I have a dream.
The time has come.

TEAM, UNITE UP!

Oh yea! That's the spirit!
UNITE UP!!!

Cramoss

Did not see any wonder red hype this page.
For shame.

I think I might actually love the idea of a smash charge character, that charges up his unite morphs in order to get more damage and range.
There's no way that if he gets in, he's going to be just the baseline version without unite morphs. It's how they
might
do those that's going to be interesting.
I have a dream.
The time has come.

TEAM, UNITE UP!

iICbfPL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom