• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't now about that. Pichu shares a similar skeleton to Pikachu's. Squirtle and Ivysaur are original.
Squirtle and Ivysaur are probably far more popular vet candidates though, and it's still probably easier to port them over to Smash 4 than a newcomer. Realistically I don't see any of the three getting in but if the devs had to choose, I think they'd choose Squirtle (unless they really were pressed for time/resources, in which case yeah Pichu).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
https://twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/646495145819508736

OCWS2mv.png

It's what I've been saying for a while. Lots of playing around and acting coy when before they were enthusiastic about it.

Zubz

Banned
I think I want to see this be fake just to see egg on Tamaki's face and to see him try to spin it so that he wasn't actually wrong.

Honestly? I kind of want Shovel Knight now, but at the same time, Tamaki's reaction would make the lack of Shovel Knight worth it.

I think I want to see this be fake just to see egg on Tamaki's face and to see him try to spin it so that he wasn't actually wrong.
His reputation would basically be destroyed. He had plenty of chances to come back from this one, but he double downed on it. He could have easily backed off when the Amiibo was released and claimed it was speculation from his source based on the Amiibo or some other excuse.

But he didn't, so if he's wrong, he's wrong, and it will be incredibly hard for him to come back from that.

Most leakers have the decency to properly clam up, but Tamaki's too high on himself to let that happen I think. If he is right he needs to let his rightness speak for himself, but I think he likes the extra attention. The interview with him at Source Gaming was eye-roll inducing.

Yeah I definitely want this to back-fire on Takimi or whatever his name is because he is cocky on twitter and saying that Snake and Wolf and K.Rool have no chance but that he does not know what is happening. Like I am sorry that he has some anxiety or something but he still is just not coming off well to me

Because Japan does not know Shovel K it would be a pure Nintendo move to put him in as a little honey on the side for Yacht Club games in joining w/ them, not a world favorite character from the ballot

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Have you guys gotten miserble enough you hope Tamakis reputation falls flat after this? like geez guys.

personally I just don't like people who try to attempt predictions but do it so in a vague fashion that they can step away if it's false

Tamaki is that Unseen64 fellow yes?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't care about Tamaki; I just want Shovel Knight in. I've never gotten any of my wishes in regards to Smash rosters, I might as well cling to this one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm starting to think that this update will go character-free, again. Unfortunately, this would most likely result in the Super Mario Maker level not selling that well.
Based on what? This is the first new stage to be released outside of Ryu's bundled stage. We have no sales data on how well new stages sell.

Yeah I definitely want this to back-fire on Takimi or whatever his name is because he is cocky on twitter and saying that Snake and Wolf and K.Rool have no chance but that he does not know what is happening. Like I am sorry that he has some anxiety or something but he still is just not coming off well to me
Did he kick your dogs or something? Why is Smash discussion so personal? You realize this is another human being you guys want to see humiliated, right? I'm struggling to think of a fanbase that would be this hostile over somebody who reported a rumor.
Most leakers have the decency to properly clam up, but Tamaki's too high on himself to let that happen I think. If he is right he needs to let his rightness speak for himself, but I think he likes the extra attention. The interview with him at Source Gaming was eye-roll inducing.

He's not "high on his rightness." Tamaki has never committed to SK's inclusion 100%. He reported it as a rumor from the very beginning. He's never claimed to have seen footage, or have any proof. All that's happened is that a verified source of his (who has leaked things before) is claiming that Shovel Knight is in the game. A few things have happened since that bolstered the source (and by extension the rumor), such as Nintendo selling DLC codes for games through Amazon, but beyond that, Tamaki has gone on record several times as saying he's never going to be completely sure of a Smash rumor, despite being "fairly confident" in it.

It's fine if you think he's wrong, or not acting the way he should, but you're insulting someone you don't even know. I happen to not believe in the rumor. I agree that Tamaki should lay low right now, but that's his choice. I doubt he really likes the publicity because people have been crawling out of the woodwork to attack him, and there's a lot of misinformation spreading about him as a result. I don't think I'd ever want the "attention" of Smash fans.

Boss Doggie

Did he kick your dogs or something? Why is Smash discussion so personal? You realize this is another human being you guys want to see humiliated, right? I'm struggling to think of a fanbase that would be this hostile over somebody who reported a rumor.He's not "high on his rightness." Tamaki has never committed to SK's inclusion 100%. He reported it as a rumor from the very beginning. He's never claimed to have seen footage, or have any proof. All that's happened is that a verified source of his (who has leaked things before) is claiming that Shovel Knight is in the game. A few things have happened since that bolstered the source (and by extension the rumor), such as Nintendo selling DLC codes for games through Amazon, but beyond that, Tamaki has gone on record several times as saying he's never going to be completely sure of a Smash rumor, despite being "fairly confident" in it.

It's fine if you think he's wrong, or not acting the way he should, but you're insulting someone you don't even know. I happen to not believe in the rumor. I agree that Tamaki should lay low right now, but that's his choice. I doubt he really likes the publicity because people have been crawling out of the woodwork to attack him, and there's a lot of misinformation spreading about him as a result. I don't think I'd ever want the "attention" of Smash fans.

This isn't the first time he got things wrong though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Brinstar Depths was a crazy awesome stage to unlock but not really that awesome to buy. The element of surprise is all but gone.

Boss Doggie

I honestly love Norfair, why isn't it played a lot? All of its hazards are so predictable and most are even blockable.

This isn't the first time he got things wrong though.
You're probably right, but that's not my point. He happens to have gotten a lot of things right, too. While he's most likely wrong about Shovel Knight, it's pretty ridiculous to start saying things like "he's going to claim that he was still somehow right after the fact," or that "he's high on himself," or that "he likes attention." There's no need to be so personal.

So you're saying that to say Metroid has good stage representation in Smash U is neither true Norfair.

thatsdamngood.gif

I honestly love Norfair, why isn't it played a lot? All of its hazards are so predictable and most are even blockable.

I can only speak for myself, but it's one of those stages that makes me feel like I'm fighting the stage more than the other combatants. With lava coming from the bottom, the sides, spewing from the back, and then having a giant wave wipe the screen, it feels like way too much hassle to deal with, and they deal too much damage as well. Planet Zebes and Brinstar seemed fine to me because the danger only came from the floor, and was less frequent. It feels like Norfair just goes too far with the concept.

Boss Doggie

Yeah but most of the time they're frequently telegraphed and the actual hazard takes out quite a bit of time before they pop out. And like I said, they're mostly blockable.

You're probably right, but that's not my point. He happens to have gotten a lot of things right, too. While he's most likely wrong about Shovel Knight, it's pretty ridiculous to start saying things like "he's going to claim that he was still somehow right after the fact," or that "he's high on himself," or that "he likes attention." There's no need to be so personal.

My problem is that people still think he gets things right despite being proven repeatedly otherwise, and that rather than taking the blow he sidesteps due to his claims being vague enough to begin with.

My problem is that people still think he gets things right despite being proven repeatedly otherwise, and that rather than taking the blow he sidesteps due to his claims being vague enough to begin with.

This time he wasn't really all that vague. Not really sure how he'll try and attempt to get out of this one.

"It was only a rumor guys" probably isn't going to work. It's gotten too big, the Smash Community are rabid.

Yeah but most of the time they're frequently telegraphed and the actual hazard takes out quite a bit of time before they pop out. And like I said, they're mostly blockable.

I agree with you - they're not as in-your-face as Yellow Devil. But for me it still tilts into the category of "fight the stage" levels that I was describing, which I don't like because that's not why I play Smash. I'm definitely not into the competitive scene, but I like fighting other players and not wacky hazards.

Maybe I'm just being too hard on it, but all of my friends, who are all far more casual players than me, also never pick that stage along with the usual suspects (Wily's Castle, Flat Zone X, Great Cave Offensive, etc). I definitely don't mind if they pick something crazier, but they all avoid those two Metroid stages like the plague.

Dr. Buni

I am really hoping Inklings get into Smash 4 as DLC so I can play as them without touching Splatoon. That game is fantastic, but it does bad things to my mental health.
I don't care about Tamaki; I just want Shovel Knight in. I've never gotten any of my wishes in regards to Smash rosters, I might as well cling to this one.
I want him too. An indie rep from a great game totally have my support. Plus, I want to see the reactions and meltdowns.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Flat Zone X would have been better if it didn't keep going back to Fire. Makes it feel too much of a copy of Flat Zone 2 just with Helmet thrown in. Making every other transformation completely random would have made it feel more unique.

And if it had Game & Watch Gallery music.

Only stage I truly feel is a waste of time is Final Destination. With every stage having an omega form there's really no point in it.

Final Destination exists for Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core.

Next game, a redesigned Battlefield could look appropriate to fight Master Hand. 64 and Melee's Battlefield would have been fine in Omega form, for example.

The issue I guess would be Battlefield would have like 50 songs on it. But... whatever, that's no issue.

Story mode exclusive stages have existed in Smash before. Metal Mario's stage wasn't a selectable one.

Or Battlefield and Final Destination lol

Ryce

Story mode exclusive stages have existed in Smash before. Metal Mario's stage wasn't a selectable one.
You'd rather Final Destination exist but not be selectable? What's the point of that? More options is a good thing. Tons of people wanted Battlefield, Final Destination, and Metal Mario's stage to be playable in Smash 64.

The issue I guess would be Battlefield would have like 50 songs on it. But... whatever, that's no issue.

Didn't Green Hill Zone in Brawl have like 20 songs on it? Or maybe Windy Hill does too? I wouldn't know, I just set everything other than Escape From the City, Green Hill, Live and Learn, and Angel Island at 0 and never looked at the music select for that stage again.

I'll forever be angry that they didn't put Super Sonic Racing and Sonic Boom back in though. Those songs are my jam. No seriously, I listen to them in my car.

Crayolan

I am really hoping Inklings get into Smash 4 as DLC so I can play as them without touching Splatoon. That game is fantastic, but it does bad things to my mental health.

I want him too. An indie rep from a great game totally have my support. Plus, I want to see the reactions and meltdowns.

lol

Flat Zone X would have been better if it didn't keep going back to Fire. Makes it feel too much of a copy of Flat Zone 2 just with Helmet thrown in. Making every other transformation completely random would have made it feel more unique.

And if it had Game & Watch Gallery music.

Only stage I truly feel is a waste of time is Final Destination. With every stage having an omega form there's really no point in it.

Final Destination's existence is easily justified by its music.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You'd rather Final Destination exist but not be selectable? What's the point of that? More options is a good thing. Tons of people wanted Battlefield, Final Destination, and Metal Mario's stage to be playable in Smash 64.
I'm just saying I don't see the point of it any more now that every stage is a FD equivalent. It's the only stage I have turned off in random stage selection. Tabuu's stage in Brawl was story exclusive, it's not really a big deal when you already have another stage that provides the same service; a flat stage and as said above you always have Battlefield Omega for non game series tied flat stage.

I'll forever be angry that they didn't put Super Sonic Racing and Sonic Boom back in though. Those songs are my jam. No seriously, I listen to them in my car.

Agreed. They take away the good Sonic songs and leave us with Seven Rings in Hand. Pretty sure there's a UN treaty about that kind of treatment.

Final Destination's existence is easily justified by its music.
Give it to Battlefield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom