• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

whats this diddy kong pose

CQ5kuTFW8AEHVxZ.jpg

What I am supposed to see?

Tyeforce

oh so that's what they mean by the Pose

I thought it was some pose Diddy was popular doing
Actually, you're right. The figures have Chibi-Robo imitating the poses of various amiibo characters, but not in the exact pose that the amiibo figure of those characters are in. So, for example, the Mario Pose figure has Chibi-Robo jumping with his fist held high like a typical Mario pose.

Zubz

Banned
Actually, you're right. The figures have Chibi-Robo imitating the poses of various amiibo characters, but not in the exact pose that the amiibo figure of those characters are in. So, for example, the Mario Pose figure has Chibi-Robo jumping with his fist held high like a typical Mario pose.

Oh... I was really looking forward to see how they'd try to pull off DHD!

Tyeforce

Oh... I was really looking forward to see how they'd try to pull off DHD!
I wonder if there even is a Duck Hunt pose... I only scanned 20 of my amiibo today (that's the daily limit), and Duck Hunt wasn't one of them, lol. But every amiibo I scanned unlocked a pose so far (except the Pokémon ones, which is sadly no surprise >.>), so I imagine it'll probably have one, too.

Tyeforce

so what does the diddy pose look like
I don't know, I haven't actually won it yet. Scanning the amiibo just puts that pose into the vending machine, but to actually unlock it you have to spend coins and hope you get it from the vending machine, lol. There are different rarities to the poses, and Diddy's of the "Rare" rarity (explaining the screenshot), so I haven't been lucky enough to get it yet (actually, I don't even think I can get it yet, because my Chibi-Robo amiibo isn't a high enough level for me to receive Rare figures, I'm pretty sure).

Anyway, on the topic of Smash, lol, I actually wouldn't mind Chibi-Robo being added. I don't think it will happen, and I think there are a number of characters who should get in before him, but he'd be great in Smash Bros.! Also, the fact that he's co-owned by Bandai (something I wasn't aware of until recently) wouldn't be a problem with Smash Bros., obviously, so there's that, lol.

Golnei

Also, the fact that he's co-owned by Bandai (something I wasn't aware of until recently) wouldn't be a problem with Smash Bros., obviously, so there's that, lol.

Really? I had no idea either. At least that'd explain why he wasn't in Brawl as an assist or regular trophy...

While discussing SG's Wolf article on Reddit, I came across this table that shows just how much a clone each "clone" is

It also compares silly characters like Ike and Marth and Lucario and Mewtwo just for fun.
Was anybody else going to comment on this? It was pretty cool having this laid out so simply, though it's sort of depressing after Brawl's clones drag down the 'clone-yness' down so much Smash 4's clone additions boost it all the way back up. Also weird to see Roy isn't that much different move-wise from his Melee incarnation despite how different he feels to me.

Also Toon Link is less of a clone than Falco and Ganondorf. That's weird.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, CR's co-owned? I thought he was only developed by a different dev (skip) that is very close to Nintendo, but nintendo still owns rights

also what's Pml

I think people are sleeping on Rayman. He's received a fair amount of ballot requests, and he already has a trophy in the game. That automatically elevates him over characters like Shantae and Bomberman.

inb4ugly

Ryce

Rayman only has a trophy because Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan. It's no different than the Culdcept trophy in the 3DS version. Rayman is practically unknown in Japan -- only a few games in the series have been released over there, and they all bombed. If a third-party character isn't well-known in Smash Bros.' country of origin then I doubt they're ever going to be playable.

Rayman only has a trophy because Nintendo published Rayman Legends in Japan. It's no different than the Culdcept trophy in the 3DS version. Rayman is practically unknown in Japan -- only a few games in the series have been released over there, and they all bombed. If a third-party character isn't well-known in Smash Bros.' country of origin then I doubt they're ever going to be playable.

This post is going to look particularly comical if Shovel Knight shows up. I'm starting to literally want Shrek just so all of these rules are thrown out the window. He could be a semi-clone of Wario.

Dr. Buni

I don't know why Smash fans love to create those "rules" for what characters can or cannot be playable in Smash. If Sakurai/Nintendo wants a character in Smash, they will be in Smash (unless it's a third party character and the owner of the character denies, but how many companies don't want their character in Smash, I wonder?). That's it.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Anyway, on the topic of Smash, lol, I actually wouldn't mind Chibi-Robo being added. I don't think it will happen, and I think there are a number of characters who should get in before him, but he'd be great in Smash Bros.! Also, the fact that he's co-owned by Bandai (something I wasn't aware of until recently) wouldn't be a problem with Smash Bros., obviously, so there's that, lol.

Bandai only got publishing rights for first game. Skip LTD is the studio that worked on Chibi-Robo franchise.

Neoxon

I don't know why Smash fans love to create those "rules" for what characters can or cannot be playable in Smash. If Sakurai/Nintendo wants a character in Smash, they will be in Smash (unless it's a third party character and the owner of the character denies, but how many companies don't want their character in Smash, I wonder?). That's it.
Or it could be a case of Nintendo just not wanting to promote the company in question (like Microsoft).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nevertheless, the latest Chibi Robo game credits list the character as co-owned by Ninny, Skip and Bandai.

Source: GameXplain ending spoilers video, view at your own risk.

That's weird. I wonder what changed that now. I meant first two games' credits, I don't really think they outright said that Bandai is co-owner, did it?

For reference, the exact footer from Zip Lash.
Nintendo, SKIP and Vanpool are \ the authors of this software for \ the purpose of copyright.
Copyrights of CHIBIROBO character \ reserved by Nintendo, BANDAI/BNEI \ and SKIP.
(c) 2015 Nintendo

The first game seems to have the character co-assigned to Bandai too, YouTube suggests.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

The first game seems to have the character co-assigned to Bandai too, YouTube suggests.

I might have overlook that one then that would clarified everything. Heck, it might boost his chance to become playable character. We will see..

Chibi Robo being one of those DLC character wouldn't surprised me.

Zubz

Banned

That's just weird. I always thought he was 100% Nintendo. I mean, was Bandai in the credits for any other Chibi-Robo! game besides the 1st and Zip Lash?

That's just weird. I always thought he was 100% Nintendo. I mean, was Bandai in the credits for any other Chibi-Robo! game besides the 1st and Zip Lash?

Checked it just for you. The exact language differs between releases, but yes, BANDAI (sometimes slash-something) is always mentioned.

Like half of the characters in Smash are owned by a second or third party (HAL, Game Freak, Itoi, Sora, Intelligent Systems) so Chibi Robo not being 100% Nintendo isn't a big deal.

Actually now that I mention that, there isn't a single first party DLC character in Smash.

Mewtwo - Game Freak/Creatures
Roy - Intelligent Systems
Lucas - Itoi
Ryu - Capcom

Also the Dunban costume says it's co-owned by Nintendo and Monolith, even though I thought Monolith was entirely absorbed into Nintendo proper.

Edit: And the Virdi costume doesn't say it's from Sora, so I guess Dark Pit isn't really a second party as I assumed he was.

3 new Splatoon maps, playable Octolings

Inkling for Smash, a new stage based on one of the new Splatoon maps

"Melee" stage pack for Smash 4 Wii U, Pokemon Stadium, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Brinstar and Green Greens.

Green Greens sold on its own for the 3DS. Yoshi's Island Melee added for free.

Let's do this

2 things I want.

3DS package of stages for the Wii U.

A "stage hazards off" switch for stages, to make more stages competitively viable.

I'd rather have those 2 things than any new character.

Tyeforce

From what I've heard (don't remember where it was, so I don't have a source at the moment), Bandai has partial ownership of the Chibi-Robo character (alongside Nintendo and Skip) because Bandai was involved at the time the character was designed. I'm not sure if that means they only have partial ownership of the character, not the franchise, or what. The Nintendo/Bandai/Skip copyright is also on the Chibi-Robo amiibo, though.

Even being able to use the 8 player versions would give us Stadium 2 8 Player in all of its glory.

Seriously, 8 Player Stadium 2, alone, is worth implementing the feature to use the 8 player maps.

Neoxon

"Melee" stage pack for Smash 4 Wii U, Pokemon Stadium, Corneria, Jungle Japes, Brinstar and Green Greens.

Let's do this
Make that 4 new Splatoon maps. If I recall correctly, 4 placeholder names for stages alongside the 2 newer stages that we got were found in the August update files for Splatoon.

Shang

Let's do this

No Pokefloats, no point

Neoxon

Honestly, if we do get something like an Inkling reveal next week, they probably won't come out until early-to-mid November (kinda like how Mewtwo & Lucas were revealed ahead of their respective release dates).

Crayolan

Let's do this

A Melee pack that doesn't include Pokefloats or Fountain of Dreams. Bruh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom