• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I still think that they are almost done with Wolf itself and getting ready to announce him at E3.

I am almost sure this ballot means nothing and that all we're gonna get from here on out are characters from previous smash games which have already been determined.

Maybe the ballot will be used when picking characters for the next game tho.

Yeah, that's why I hope that it would help Sakurai to reconsider some of characters for Smash Next Gen. Like Isaac, Takamaru, etc

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Edited: Ugh. Sorry about double post.

Oh geez, I can't believe I didn't think of this. That makes perfect sense. Now that Lucas is back I think Wolf is pretty much just a matter of time, and revealing him along with formally revealing Star Fox Wii U at E3 makes perfect sense.

That was me who mentioned that. I think it is just too perfect for them to announce Wolf for DLC then BOOM! Star Fox Wii U Trailer!

I can't wait to see SF:U trailer since I'm somewhat excited about it.

A few nominations from my collection:

Vic Viper as a playable fighter. ShmupMiibo!

P4030016.jpg

Or the ultimate, Crow T. Robot, who ironically would probably be way more likely given how awful Konami is these days, CrooooowMiibo!

D2E6FCCA-B1D7-40CA-9FE2-9FC886B0CF21-3154-000003EF685F384D_zps2148e849.jpg

Sponge

Banned
I am almost sure this ballot means nothing and that all we're gonna get from here on out are characters from previous smash games which have already been determined.

I feel like they are gonna use these votes for something at least. The page mentions "Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet." That makes me feel like they're gonna read some off on a future Direct or something.

Ryce

I feel like they are gonna use these votes for something at least. The page mentions "Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet." That makes me feel like they're gonna read some off on a future Direct or something.
They'll probably just post select responses on the official site like they did for the first three games.

Azure J

I still think that they are almost done with Wolf itself and getting ready to announce him at E3.

Yeah, that's why I hope that it would help Sakurai to reconsider some of characters for Smash Next Gen. Like Isaac, Takamaru, etc

You have put in your Taka vote right?

Riiiight?

=)

J@hranimo

Banned
Someone earlier mentioned Wolf being a good revealed in conjunction with Star Fox. That makes a lot of sense, so we could be hearing word about a solid date at E3.

FUCKK

I didn't think about that! Good idea. Only thing unfortunate to think about with Star Fox U release is that Falco amiibo will probably drop around then.
And I MUST have my boy Falco...

For the Melee and Brawl polls, they uploaded select ballots to their websites and showed them off, and Sakurai himself responded to a bunch of them. They're probably going to do something like that again.

Village

Nope. Take chibi Vic Viper from Parodius and make it a variant of Kirby (floating and ability copy), Star Fox (laser pistol and fire dash) and would have an Option that behaves similar to Luma.

Nah breh, We need Zone of the Enders Representation in anything... at all.

spanks

1. So is Captain Syrup
8. So does Captain Syrup
10. Captain Syrup is a villain
11. Captain Syrup is a pirate

So that's only 4 of your points that also apply to Captain Syrup, but I'd say that's still a significant amount!

Of course, Cap Syrup would do nicely.

Oh, and another reason.

12. She's a redhead.

tumblr_m8jwuiUW5E1qbe7n1o1_500.png

Neoxon

Have you not been paying attention to this thread? Lots of people have been voting for Wonder-Red. Not just here, but sites everywhere.
There's a "#WonderRed4Smash" campaign too.
From what I've seen, only GAF & a section of SmashBoards are voting for Wonder Red.

So I voted for Snake on campus earlier today, but when I got home today I figured I may as well vote for a Nintendo character as well.

As already said, they're probably saving Wolf for the Star Fox Wii U reveal, so I cast a vote for K. Rool. We could always use more DK representation, though I'm fine with either him or Dixie.

If that were the case it wouldn't be advertising adding characters FOR Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U. The wording and context of how it was first revealed in the Direct leave no doubt it is referring to DLC. The only question is how much weight will be given to many of the suggestions.

Nanashrew

Banned
I meant how most are voting for Ridley, King K. Rool, Snake, etc.

I honestly don't think Ridley will ever get counted just like how Goku and Spongebob won't. Snake probably has a chance, maybe. Not a fan of K. Rool at all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157205302&postcount=273

The character I've actually seen pop up the most on other forums has been Isaac from Golden Sun.

That's a great choice! He should be paired up with Andy from Advance Wars.

kunonabi

Voted for Simon Belmont. I don't know if third party characters are up for consideration but he's the last major character that Smash needs so It's worth a shot.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You guys keep saying Wolf is safe but until I see the receipts he isn't in the safe zone yet!

Anyway

tumblr_nm5j33VHdt1qg20vko2_1280.png

RomanceDawn

I don't think Ridley is in Goku or Soongebob territory. We have enough examples to believe that one day Sakurai could see Ridley differently.

Anyone wonder what's Sakurai's thoughts on all this? Has anything come up on twitter or an interview? He acted like he could barely be bothered with Mewtwo and now all of this. I wonder if he's 100% behind everything? By that I mean... Uh emotionally.

Neoxon

I honestly don't think Ridley will ever get counted just like how Goku and Spongebob won't. Snake probably has a chance, maybe. Not a fan of K. Rool at all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157205302&postcount=273

That's a great choice! He should be paired up with Andy from Advance Wars.
It's more of the idea that people will be so focused on characters who probably won't get in regardless that they won't show the likes of Wonder Red some love.

As far as I know, GAF is all he has right now.

Masked Man

I said wow
The "one vote per person" disclaimer is listed on both the EN and JP versions of the site, but it looks like you can still submit a ballot as many times as you'd like. I guess this means they'll be using IP addresses to make sure people aren't voting for the same character over and over?

Also, what's up with the gender question? Why is that essential information for a character voting ballot?

Just taking statistics regarding who wants which character, I would imagine, but I agree that it's unnecessary. At least the JP ballot asks for your age as well.

Nanashrew

Banned
I don't think Ridley is in Goku or Soongebob territory. We have enough examples to believe that one day Sakurai could see Ridley differently.

Anyone wonder what's Sakurai's thoughts on all this? Has anything come up on twitter or an interview? He acted like he could barely be bothered with Mewtwo and now all of this. I wonder if he's 100% behind everything? By that I mean... Uh emotionally.

All Sakurai has said is that no one should go to him on these requests.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583402033572511744

And that making new fighters is a huge process so they won't be able to make many.
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/583402090862551040

Whoever is running their Facebook sounds plenty nervous though.
"Okay, here goes… Which Nintendo character do you want in Super Smash Bros.? Submit your choice at the official site…"

Thorakai

I cast my vote for Medusa from Kid Icarus. I wanted her in the game because she is in a unique category of being a female villain. Plenty of cool attacks that could be drawn from the series.

Man, I'd love to see an irritated and snarky read out of the most "popular" votes by Sakurai.

New Smash Poll voting rules enacted only 48 hours after poll goes live:

1. Locked out to one vote per person
2. You must be 18+ to vote
3. Bad votes are discounted immediately and you receive a message shaming you for how you don't have even the faintest grasp of what Smash Bros is supposed to represent
4. A minor electric shock is also applied to bad voters

In October, Shadow the Hedgehog is announced. The algorithms have gone awry. Diplomacy has failed. It is the end times.

RomanceDawn

Thanks Nanashrew. I realize now the poll means nothing and it was just a clever way to redirect all the nonsense Sakurai gets into one neat little inbox where it is immediately set to delete its contents every 3.35 seconds.

Man, I'd love to see an irritated and snarky read out of the most "popular" votes by Sakurai.

This needs to be like a show held at a comedy club!

Gleethor

I think the absolute max we can expect is 6 characters including Mewtwo and Lucas. I'd say at least 4 minimum, since we already have at least 3 confirmed.

tkscz

Getting quite a bit of support for Daisy via tumblr (there are also like 20 other people asking to vote for Daisy), but most of it came when I said this should be her final Smash.

tumblr_inline_nm7fcxiaap1r81zdb_540.gif

RomanceDawn

Could you imagine if the next characters to show were Wolf, Dixie, Chorus Men, and Ridley?

I love seeing celebrations, melt downs and crow eating. I wonder if Spain Killer has heard anything? Speaking of leakers, we got no hint from anyone that Lucas was coming. Anyone think leaks will be a thing with this DLC?

Neoxon

And Takamaru? :C
His chances died when he became an Assist Trophy.

Could you imagine if the next characters to show were Wolf, Dixie, Chorus Men, and Ridley?

I love seeing celebrations, melt downs and crow eating. I wonder if Spain Killer has heard anything? Speaking of leakers, we got no hint from anyone that Lucas was coming. Anyone think leaks will be a thing with this DLC?
Sal Romano (Gematsu) mentioned an internal debate between Ness & Lucas.

Getting quite a bit of support for Daisy via tumblr (there are also like 20 other people asking to vote for Daisy), but most of it came when I said this should be her final Smash.

tumblr_inline_nm7fcxiaap1r81zdb_540.gif

It's going to take more than that to convince me a B-tier Mario character should be a Smash Bros fighter.

Let alone ANOTHER Mario character at all. Just kill me please. We already have one hundred and ten Mario characters in the roster.

Gartooth

Yeah I do wonder if NPCs who appear during battle occasionally could be problematic from a design perspective. Ex: Ridley, Chrom, Takamaru, Midna, etc.

I accept Waluigi because he has an actual personality and a meta built into his appearances. Waluigi believes everybody is cheating but him and life isn't fair (that's Martinet's interpretation of the character) and his move set and play style would be a great spin the "joke character" because Waluigi would presumably do whatever it took to try to win. I imagine Loony Tunes tactics of tripping people or hurling Bob-ombs he snuck in himself.

He would read as the character who didn't belong. The "who invited this guy?" character who forged his invitation. Waluigi has depth, personality, and character. While everyone else is there on their merits by invitation, Waluigi would be there because he felt like he was the only one not invited and showed up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom