• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

In any case,

I do feel like K. Rool has a decent chance more than anyone else in terms of ballot results if the recent polling results has any real bearing. I'm not sure where his moveset would draw from since there's not really much to go from but since K. Rool is basically more physically imposing than even DK (who is already a crazy powerhouse to begin with in Smash), I imagine there'd be some similar traits to their movesets so as to not go overkill.

I'm not really sure who else is a realistic inclusion though. K. Rool is pretty much the only one I've seen to get consistent results other than like, I dunno, Krystal. And I'm not sure what Nintendo thinks of her anymore.

In any case,

I do feel like K. Rool has a decent chance more than anyone else in terms of ballot results if the recent polling results has any real bearing. I'm not sure where his moveset would draw from since there's not really much to go from but since K. Rool is basically more physically imposing than even DK (who is already a crazy powerhouse to begin with in Smash), I imagine there'd be some similar traits to their movesets so as to not go overkill.

The general consensus is that people want a moveset that incorporates elements from his Rare era boss fights, with maybe a nod or two given to Paon's output.

- Crown throw from DKC
- Blunderbuss from DKC2
- Helicopter pack from DKC3
- Boxing gloves from DK64

There's more than enough to work with. Moveset potential is the least of K. Rool's worries.

Ryce

Moveset potential is the least of K. Rool's worries.
"Moveset potential" is the least of anyone's worries, honestly. It's a completely meaningless qualifier. Sakurai seems willing to make a moveset for anyone so long as the character is interesting or important or inherently unique. Fox, Captain Falcon, Sheik, R.O.B., and Duck Hunt barely did anything in their games prior to Smash Bros.

NotLiquid

The general consensus is that people want a moveset that incorporates elements from his Rare era boss fights, with maybe a nod or two given to Paon's output.

- Crown throw from DKC
- Blunderbuss from DKC2
- Helicopter pack from DKC3
- Boxing gloves from DK64

There's more than enough to work with. Moveset potential is the least of K. Rool's worries.

Ain't worried at all. I just like to speculate how the moveset is going to be.

I was actually thinking about the blunderbuss and was wondering whether utilizing that would be a potential set back (since they tried to avoid having Snake for instance use any kind of gun in Brawl) but I imagine they can exaggerate it enough to make it work.

Neoxon

Same URL like 9 months ago.

u57BpVb.png
.....Oh.

Welcome back, Kree balls.

Isn't it fair to say, for moveset potential, that while anyone can be given a moveset, a character who has an obvious (but also unique) moveset is a step ahead of a character who needs work to bring out the potential?

ffdgh

Isn't it fair to say, for moveset potential, that while anyone can be given a moveset, a character who has an obvious (but also unique) moveset is a step ahead of a character who needs work to bring out the potential?

Yeah...but Rosalina got a creative moveset despite just standing around saying we're close to saying mario's special one lol.

Yeah...but Rosalina got a creative moveset despite just standing around saying we're close to saying mario's special one lol.

Well that's what I mean :v It doesn't dictate that evident moveset potential trumps everything, but IIRC Sukapon was cut in part because he was somewhat complicated to make a moveset for.

Hmm, I see. I was always under the impression that Sukapon's detached arms were problematic tech-wise.

By the way, I saw a couple sites claim that Blastoise was considered for Brawl as part of the Trainer? Is that actually a thing or is omeone spreading a bad rumour?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Hmm, I see. I was always under the impression that Sukapon's detached arms were problematic tech-wise.

By the way, I saw a couple sites claim that Blastoise was considered for Brawl as part of the Trainer? Is that actually a thing or is omeone spreading a bad rumour?

Click the article and you would able to see full list of planned, scrapped and considered characters.

iirc, Nintendo lost the original contract information for Joy Mech Fight.

They found it again during the Wii era or at least got Joy Mech Fight's legal issues taken care of, as it got a VC release and Sukapon got a sticker.

I remember Sukapon was a big character wanted for Brawl. That's how I learned he even existed. Even though they worked through the "adult issues" of Joy Mech Fight, it seems unlikely Sukapon would ever join Smash Bros.

batfax

So turns out that if we get a new Famicom Detective Club game, Ayumi could be added to Smash.

That's all I needed to know~.

Yep. It's a shame the series has basically been abandoned. Even weirder when Ace Attorney is celebrating it's 10th Anniversary and it should've been so obvious to remake/rerelease the games for DS when AA was proving to be such a big success.

Maybe if Sakurai decided to make it his next pet project, similar to Kid Icarus.

Zubz

Banned
So turns out that if we get a new Famicom Detective Club game, Ayumi could be added to Smash.

That's a pretty big "if," though. Still, I'd love to see how Sakurai can make a character whose moveset is roughly "Teenager with a briefcase" work. I was always amused with how Phoenix Wright worked in UMvC3 (And, by proxy, MarkMan in Divekick), so I kind of want to see what Sakurai's take on an "investigative" character would be.

... And wait. Did anyone think to vote for The Baz?

That's a pretty big "if," though. Still, I'd love to see how Sakurai can make a character whose moveset is roughly "Teenager with a briefcase" work. I was always amused with how Phoenix Wright worked in UMvC3 (And, by proxy, MarkMan in Divekick), so I kind of want to see what Sakurai's take on an "investigative" character would be.

... And wait. Did anyone think to vote for The Baz?

My idea for an Ayumi moveset involved her having to "build up" her strength by investigating (a Down B attack). As she gets more information, she gets stronger due to her becoming more confident in her case. They could even have a gimmick where she has to access menus to do certain moves.

Azure J

I feel like as much as the "reps" thing is a creation of the fans, Ayumi would be a really awesome nod to the genre as a whole and could be a fun "odd gal out" kinda character. At the very least, setting the stage for a Famicom Detective Club x Ace Attorney crossover would be fun.

TBH, the Nintendo Vault is full of some stuff that really needs to be revisited, hence a lot of my more openly supported characters.

Oh goodness, a Phoenix Wright X Famicom Detective Club game would be the perfect Capcom/Nintendo crossover. Sorry Nintendo X Capcom! It'd also be an incredible vehicle to reintroduce the series.

Was checking the warioware forums and noticed this little addition to the japanese badge collection thingy on Japanese 3DS... why can't we get nice things like this? :/

CRZO1nNUkAAp8_4.png:large

Look who's in half the badges, plus the translated text on the 2nd last panel :p
nice to see isabelle and nikki making an appearance too though :D

Neoxon

Was checking the warioware forums and noticed this little addition to the japanese badge collection thingy on Japanese 3DS... why can't we get nice things like this? :/

CRZO1nNUkAAp8_4.png:large

Look who's in half the badges, plus the translated text on the 2nd last panel :p
nice to see isabelle and nikki making an appearance too though :D
I'm surprised that they allowed Pokémon badges given how stingy The Pokémon Company is.

I'm surprised that they allowed Pokémon badges given how stingy The Pokémon Company is.
I'm not too surprised by that in all honesty, what surprises me is that they were allowed to alter pikachu's holy visage in any way shape or form with fangs and top hat. Isn't that considered a form of heresy outside of smash or the pokemon games themselves? :p

I'm more surprised that still hasn't left Japan. Any reason on why that is?
No idea, but do want :3

Ashley's popularity escapes me.

Well, I shouldn't say that, I know why she's popular. But of all the side characters in Wario Ware that is a damned injustice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom