• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

BjQ7GVx.png

Can someone take the above, and using Photoshop magic, add the following:

- Wolf
- Ice Climbers
- Snake
- Inklings
- King K. Rool
- Shovel Knight

Also, feel free to rearrange the icons so it makes "sense."

Hoping someone can do me this favor. Eager to see what it looks like. Eager to believe.

Here you go.

cUhsjqg.png

Don't feel like re-arranging them though.

It's always fun to read these just to see what people make up.

Though this "prediction" seems like it's reaching a little bit for the low hanging fruit to put it nicely.

When writing a fake, it's far more believable to make a few unexpected decisions and not just give everyone what they want.

The ones that just throw everything that everyone wants into them are pretty much always obviously fake.

Pokemaniac

So how much or how often did Nana attack on her own? How much did she track opponents? I'm honest in all these questions. I don't remember much of how she worked separate from Popo.

I'm trying to get a baseline idea of how complex she is. I wonder if she could be scaled back to something akin to Olimar's Pikmin, etc.

Actually, the best way to "rework" Nana might be to just give her a separate HP bar, and have her always with Popo no matter what. While she's around, you get twice as many hits (i.e. two hammer hits instead of one), but if you keep letting her take the bulk of the damage (getting hit from behind, etc), she'll disappear until your next stock, and in the meantime you have to make do with halved attacks (i.e. one hammer hit instead of two).

This way, no AI is needed since she never wanders separate from you. It simply doubles your attacks until she takes too much damage and disappears.

From my understanding, Nana basically becomes a full character when separated from Popo. Her priorities are a bit different than standard CPU characters, but she otherwise acts like one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I love a good 4Chan "leak"

"Let me list out everything the internet wants"

Another case of someone suggesting Bomberman as a Snake replacement. I know Snake had some explosive items but it's not like you could just give Bomberman his moves and say it's true to those games. Such a silly idea.

If Nana could have been scaled like Olimar's Pikmin she would have been. Per Sakurai's own words, they essentially turned off the physics engine in the 3DS version and they still couldn't run the Ice Climbers. And any other option to alter the Ice Climbers would change them too much. So long as Smash 4 is being tethered to a console that can't compete with the Gamecube the Ice Climbers aren't happening.

Tyeforce

Huh. I guess I never really realized that it's the same girl in every game, so I never thought she was that significant. Maybe I've been overlooking the best potential Rhythm Heaven rep. After reading that thread, call me a fan of Rhythm Girl or whatever you want to call her!

Here you go.

cUhsjqg.png

Don't feel like re-arranging them though.
Replace Shovel Knight with a Rhythm Heaven character, and this roster would be absolutely perfect to me! I could also do without Snake (I don't really mind either way, really), so Dixie Kong in his place (or in K. Rool's place, as long as we get one of them as a Donkey Kong newcomer) might be nice. Though as optimistic as I'd like to be, I doubt we're getting that many more DLC character, unfortunately. ._.

Dr. Buni

Huh. I guess I never really realized that it's the same girl in every game, so I never thought she was that significant. Maybe I've been overlooking the best potential Rhythm Heaven rep. After reading that thread, call me a fan of Rhythm Girl or whatever you want to call her!

Replace Shovel Knight with a Rhythm Heaven character, and this roster would be absolutely perfect to me! I could also do without Snake (I don't really mind either way, really), so Dixie Kong in his place (or in K. Rool's place, as long as we get one of them as a Donkey Kong newcomer) might be nice. Though as optimistic as I'd like to be, I doubt we're getting that many more DLC character, unfortunately. ._.
Yeah, it's the same girl. She isn't my favorite pick for a Rhythm Heaven rep (my favorite pick is the Monkey who appears in a ton of songs), but I support her regardless and I would prefer her over the Karate Joe and a few other suggested RH reps.

...I want a RH rep.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is it confirmed to be the same same girl or just a series of different girls much like the series has lots of different monkeys?

Tyeforce

Is it confirmed to be the same same girl or just a series of different girls much like the series has lots of different monkeys?
Well, I don't think it's been 100% confirmed to be the same girl, but the design is always the same outside of the clothes and hairstyle. Also, an image of the girl on the Japanese website for the GBA game shows her in different styles, with a description that says "Very fashionable, I appear in a lot of clothes." So it can be implied that it's the same unnamed girl in every game, just with different clothes/hairstyles.
chara06.gif

Dr. Buni

The name "Tap Girl" would have unfortunately lewd consequences.

(Or quite fortuitous, if you have my sense of humor)
Your "sense of humor" makes browsing this thread quite uncomfortable, but you probably knows that already (and also don't seem to care, because why would you?).
I can't wait to be disappointed next week.
Well, at least we are getting a Splatoon balance patch.

Then I suppose that we could get So-Po as DLC.

So-Po, Wolf and Inkling would make a nice, plausible last bow of DLC for the game. You'd have the same "Melee Vet, Brawl Vet, Newcomer" pattern that we saw with Roy, Lucas and Ryu, and Nintendo would have synergy with two of its biggest first-party releases.

I wouldn't miss the IC team gimmick. As countless others have said, make the condor Popo's Up+B and you'd be golden.

Pokemaniac

Okay, thank you guys for clarifying it. And, oh boy, people are really becoming desperate if they think it will happen next week.

With the huge maintenance happening on Monday (not for Smash, but for the Nintendo Network in general), I think it's fair to expect that something will happen next week.

Blues1990

With the huge maintenance happening on Monday (not for Smash, but for the Nintendo Network in general), I think it's fair to expect that something will happen next week.

I'm personally going to expect nothing, as given to how Nintendo has been releasing a bunch of their stuff (the new Smash Bros. Stages, Splatoon's major patch update, etc.) without any notice and usually when they feel the time is right.

Crayolan

Dodou's "wait, just give me a sec, okay?" hurt animation, where he flies back and lifts one toe up in the air.

Jynx in general. Electrode's and Snorlax's googly eyes. Magnemite and Ton exploding into a million pieces when they die. Slowpoke taking a few seconds to react to anything. Slobro having to be told by Shellder that he's dead.

The announcer mispronouncing names like Ekans

The power behind moves like Hyper Beam. The sky turns deep red and a huge blast comes out with sparks everywhere. Psychic covering the entire screen in a deep blue haze with a quick flash. Explosion blowing up everything. And they had to be flashy like this because you had to be fooled into not noticing each Pokemon only had 2-3 attack animations.

The game had a ton of character. EAD seems to have had a ton of fun making and animating so many different Pokemon. They all had their own unique personality and animation quirks.

The best animation in any pokemon game ever comes from PBR though:
tumblr_inline_nrs2wjUdz41rdz96l_500.gif

Unpopular opinion: I'd rather not have the Ice Climbers at all if they can''t even have their unique gimmick. If they really were made into a single character, then that'd probably mean they would be stuck like that for the rest of Smash Bro's lifespan. It's why I can't see Pokemon Trainer being revisited with Charizard being his own character slot now.

So, yeah, I can wait like five years. By that point, Nintendo probably should have a handheld strong enough to run both ICs at once, especially considering the N3DS is already ahead of the original model.

I feel the same way; the duo is the character(s).

did neiteio get banned for boot fetishism again
Among other reasons, I imagine.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gonna disagree in Stadium having the best animations, I feel VI surpassed that, if only because they don't have those really weird, odd animations.

BR obviously has the best though.

Speaking of Pokemon I kinda want pupper to be in the game now

tumblr_nvv1zjnkAf1rddy5co1_1280.png

tumblr_nvcgpgWc9C1uhrp3io1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nulndjpWA71rabp9io1_1280.png

Golnei

I want Kamek as a second Yoshi rep. Badly. He's the most important Mario villain not yet playable, and a moveset would be piss easy to come up with.

He wouldn't be a bad choice; though I'm more surprised he's managed to avoid being playable in Mario Kart since the abortive attempt to include him in 64.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Speaking of Pokemon I kinda want pupper to be in the game now
Looks like something from Ben10*.

*I've not actually seen Ben10 so I could be chatting nonsense.

He wouldn't be a bad choice; though I'm more surprised he's managed to avoid being playable in Mario Kart since the abortive attempt to include him in 64.
I remember when I saw a screenshot of beta MK64 with Kamek. It was in the Guinness Book of Records and they made no hint that it was a beta screenshot so I honestly thought there was a third Mario Kart coming out (I was pretty young and this was before the Internet was widely available).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With all these RP posts it is clear that Neiteio was the one behind that Smash thread fan-fiction . And even if he wasn't lets just say he was to finally put an end to that mystery.

After playing Wooley World yesterday, pink, blue and green yarn Yoshi would make good Yoshi skins. They're proportions aren't even all that different from Smash.

It's too bad character skin DLC seems unlikely.

Seriously, it's really unfortunate that they've not done DLC costumes for the rest of the cast. Tons of stuff to choose from.

Dr. Luigi, Cosmic Mario, Cosmic Rosalina, Daisy (proper costume with name and voice actress), Dry Bowser, Dr. Wario, Yarn Yoshi, Boshi, shiny costumes for Pokémon, armoured Mewtwo, Funky Kong, Dark Link (proper, with name), Hilda, Demise, casual Toon Link, etc.

BKSmash

Seriously, it's really unfortunate that they've not done DLC costumes for the rest of the cast. Tons of stuff to choose from.

Dr. Luigi, Cosmic Mario, Cosmic Rosalina, Daisy (proper costume with name and voice actress), Dry Bowser, Dr. Wario, Yarn Yoshi, Boshi, shiny costumes for Pokémon, armoured Mewtwo, Funky Kong, Dark Link (proper, with name), Hilda, Demise, casual Toon Link, etc.

One of the most hyped thing for Smash U/3DS for me was the alts. So this would be a dream come true, but it doesn't seem like they wanna cash in on it for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom