• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of reminds me of the ESRB leak and how it kept getting batted around and completely mishandled by a bunch of goobers who had no idea how to handle getting advance information.

"I'm going to add 5 characters to the leak as future DLC that are totally fake, but I'm doing this to weed out copy cats. This makes sense."

Like wtf lol

At the very least the ESRB leakers actually stated real information. If you want to be a leaker, leak or don't leak, none of this pussyfooting around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, those trying to cover up the ESRB leak were behind that Shulk is a Mac trace image? That explains it since no one in their right mind would actually come up with that argument legitimately.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What news?
Tell us more.

Masuda is recording for an episode in Pokemon no Uchi (the sunday children's show, originally Pokemon Sunday, then Pokemon Smash, then Pokemon Get TV). He only does this when something big is happening, and only delivered a "failed hype" (I think it was a shiny Cubchoo announcement) once.

I assume the news that the Pokémon XY&Z anime has started broadcasting.

It's probably related to Z news.

Dr. Buni

Masuda is recording for an episode in Pokemon no Uchi (the sunday children's show, originally Pokemon Sunday, then Pokemon Smash, then Pokemon Get TV). He only does this when something big is happening, and only delivered a "failed hype" (I think it was a shiny Cubchoo announcement) once.

It's probably related to Z news.
Hm... I wonder if they will announce Pokémon Z outside of a Direct.

It's obviously a recording to announce the triumphant return of Pichu!

Maybe the new form of Zygarde will be patched in as a freebie Pokeball/Masterball Pokemon. Zygarde not being mentioned in Smash at all is kind of weird, although I guess a lot of legendaries are basically ignored in Smash 4 for some reason (the lake fairies for example).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh true enough.

Also the more material they showed with GreninjAsh the more I am wanting it to be a skin in the game.

Tomorrow's update to Splatoon will probably have the next free DLC in the files to take them at least until the new year.

So we'll know if Octolings are coming any time soon, based on how done they are.

Not that Octolings really matter to this rumor, but it kind of feels like they're informally tied.

Dr. Buni

On the subject of Octolings, they even have that same little animation the Inklings have when they bump into walls:

J7I1Fhk.gif

I can't say for sure if we are getting them playable this week, but I am confident we will play as Octolings in Splatoon at some point.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
On the subject of Octolings, they even have that same little animation the Inklings have when they bump into walls:

J7I1Fhk.gif

I can't say for sure if we are getting them playable this week, but I am confident we will play as Octolings in Splatoon at some point.

That's pretty adorable.

Zubz

Banned
Yikes... I hope Nikki didn't get into trouble.

At this point, I'm becoming certain that the Twitter teases were just people trying to have fun, and that Nikki, who was just speculating due to a bountiful datamine, bought into it and contributed her 10 cents. So even if I'm somewhat bitter towards the others if they end up being liars, I genuinely feel bad for her, and hope she can overcome whatever caused her to close her Twitter.

Either way, I want to be wrong. I'm thirsty for content, SFV's about to run dry regarding speculation to distract me after Dhalsim drops, and an HD Pirate Ship can only go so far!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
How long until the maintenance?

Is it today at 1pm? I don't really remember the schedule.

Either way, I want to be wrong. I'm thirsty for content, SFV's about to run dry regarding speculation to distract me after Dhalsim drops, and an HD Pirate Ship can only go so far!

SFV roster discussion got boring and I felt that it's too early to talk about DLC.Unless they confirm day 1 dlc characters. I just want to see last two character trailers. Right now I'm itchy for beta!

NotLiquid

Yikes... I hope Nikki didn't get into trouble.

At this point, I'm becoming certain that the Twitter teases were just people trying to have fun, and that Nikki, who was just speculating due to a bountiful datamine, bought into it and contributed her 10 cents. So even if I'm somewhat bitter towards the others if they end up being liars, I genuinely feel bad for her, and hope she can overcome whatever caused her to close her Twitter.

Very unlikely situation considering several of the people involved in spreading this rumor have expressed a lot of grievance over the harassment and stalking they've been receiving on account of this. I don't think people are trying to maintain this as some sort of ruse at all. Either the rumor is real, or the unknown source itself that provided this info to the people mentioning it was wrong/lying despite this person clearly being someone everyone involved actually believed. At this point we're pretty much beyond the state where we can say "these guys are just playing us like fiddles" unless the unknown source itself has a sick sense of humor, and even then that's not likely to be some ploy willingly enabled by the good old Twitter dudes.

For the record, this isn't in defense of the rumor itself since I'm still skeptical about it (and as time goes I become even more skeptical). I just believe we're passed the point where we can safely say that people who know what it is and are spreading this are willingly taking people for an elaborate ruse cruise since, honestly, it ain't worth it.

Dr. Buni

Well, the deadline is the 23rd, according to Roger. For me, if nothing happens by Wednesday, I am done talking about this rumor.

kirby_fox

Banned
With no direct still, I have to imagine we're going to be getting random Twitter and YouTube announcements if anything is going on today.

Though my personal feelings is that it's likely to be an update on the backend so people stop being able to leak things and Smash news will still be quiet.

NotLiquid

With no direct still, I have to imagine we're going to be getting random Twitter and YouTube announcements if anything is going on today.

Though my personal feelings is that it's likely to be an update on the backend so people stop being able to leak things and Smash news will still be quiet.

The maintenance stuff? That's pretty much guaranteed to be for the DeNA account thing they've got going on that they were going to announce around this time of the year. Plus I might be mistaken but Flipnote Studio 3D is going under maintenance as well which was a game that EU was promised once the CN replacement went live.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The maintenance stuff? That's pretty much guaranteed to be for the DeNA account thing they've got going on that they were going to announce around this time of the year. Plus I might be mistaken but Flipnote Studio 3D is going under maintenance as well which was a game that EU was promised once the CN replacement went live.

Is the Flipnote 3D community even alive at this point?

As I say that, they take the servers down

gg

The general "everything online that Nintendo has ever touched" message isn't there anymore. But the 5 hour "super" maintenance is still happening for "all Nintendo online services"

From Monday, October 19, 2015 2:00 PM
- Monday, October 19, 2015 7:00 PM Pacific Time

During the maintenance window, the following services may be unavailable.

Wii U

- Online Play, Rankings, etc.

Nintendo 3DS

- Online Play, Rankings, etc.

Why are the Wii and DS still listed on that page? They're not currently operational, so they're just posting misinformation by saying everything is fine with them

Is it referring to the eShop?

Golnei

Not until Wonder Red becomes a Mii Costume.

I secretly want this.

It's the best he can hope for. I'd like it if they did Wonder-Blue and Wonder-Bayonetta costumes for Swordfighter and Gunner Miis as well; but at this point I'd be happy to just get Red...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom