• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Is it? Are you quite sure?

fuckita7s8q.gif

Zubz

Banned
I've overused the .GIF of Kars becoming one with the universe on GAF, but not in my heart.

Something is happening and I think I like it; let's go!

Nia

Not getting my hopes up. Not for anything. Not for attention seeking Twitter users, or an update. I've been tossed back and forth enough.

kirby_fox

Banned
Not getting my hopes up. Not for anything. Not for attention seeking Twitter users, or an update. I've been tossed back and forth enough.

We're totally gonna get a random YT video with Shovel Knight, Inkling, K Rool, Dixie, Isaac, Geno, Ridley and all the vets (even Young Link and Ice Climbers somehow on 3DS!) and every 64 and Melee stage on at least Wii U and a toggle switch for hazards and an update to make tourneys better and an update for regular classic mode to return because screw battles against 7 computers.

Yeah you're right, it'll be nothing and we'll get nothing.

I wouldn't count on anything right now. By the time the maintenance ends we'll be passed working hours. Tomorrow at best.
Well eShop maintenance doesn't mean its Smash related. You don't need maintenance for DLC or new digital games.

It just means when the Shop comes back it may look and act a little...different...

And a new 3DS Update just came out too...hhmm...their website essentially says "for homebrew" but I wonder...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I wouldn't count on anything right now. By the time the maintenance ends we'll be passed working hours. Tomorrow at best.

It could meant nothing for Smash Bros. Anyway it's morning in Japan so they could announce it anytime now if they want to.

:lol that was my first time seeing that gif.

IntelliHeath
Destroyer of hype
(Today, 06:52 PM)

Yeah, my hands are bloodstained. :( I even got direct thread locked because of video being old direct)

oh my god, it's HAPPENING

Life is Strange Episode 5 in less than 24 hours

AHHHHHHH
It's a good thing I googled that reference the first time it came up otherwise I wouldn't know it had anything to do with Ashley :p

As a consolation prize for her inevitably not being playable it looks like EU is getting that Ashley 3DS skin on the 22nd at least :D

Zubz

Banned
So all that universal maintenance was just for something that was ultimately only bad for people who want region free games? Fetid!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Masuda news. Granted I made a thread about Masuda's appearance in Pokenchi, but even then I made a point to tell that it might not really be something, but this guy comes along with guns ablaze that Joe had to correct him.

J@hranimo

Banned
I honestly think they are going to "reboot" Nintendo Directs at the start of the new year. It would make sense with 2016 being the year we really start learning about the NX plus it would make it feel like something new IF they apply a slightly different formula since Iwata's passing.

I can see more random bursts of news via video updates/previews/impressions.

I actually really like the idea of announcing Inkling via Splatoon itself. It's super clever and completely doable.

But they won't. They'll just announce it via Twitter or some garbage like that. Or not even announce it. Just say "a patch is coming next week" and then drop all the cool info on it an hour after the patch is out, like last time.

J@hranimo

Banned
Roger, Sean, Stealth_, Nikki and who else are part of this little group of ~insiders~?

Besides Nikki, those are really the only ones I'll likely believe. We will probably still get the new Smash 4 DLC character(s) although it may not even be this week. Could be an announcement next week and we get them in Nov to patch up the hole Starfox Zero left after being delayed.

Nikki I only listen to about hacking Splatoon stuff. Can't deny when stuff is in the files haha.

NotLiquid

Her prediction for a Splatoon patch wasn't really all that off.

Yeah. The reason she predicted Oct 16 was because the game would need an update going into the following week. The only wrong prediction was one for a Direct and to be fair there's more people than just her eating crow on that since Nintendo seem more interested in revealing info through social media.

Besides Nikki, those are really the only ones I'll likely believe. We will probably still get the new Smash 4 DLC character(s) although it may not even be this week. Could be an announcement next week and we get them in Nov to patch up the hole Starfox Zero left after being delayed.

They didn't say we would get characters in November. They said by the end of October, with two of them saying it would be before the 23rd. Hell, they haven't even specified which character we're supposed to be getting.

"We're getting a new Smash character soon."

Thank you for that riveting insider information, you douchebags.

Dr. Buni

Nikki I only listen to about hacking Splatoon stuff. Can't deny when stuff is in the files haha.
But the general time frame was October. If we get a character in November, they would still be wrong, unless they reveal who the character is and we get said character in November.

The hacking stuff Nikki says I totally believe, since she backs it up with videos, but she also claims she knows who the character is (Inklings) and that it was Sean who told her. Yet this Sean person says he never said anything to her :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom