• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Boo already has Amiibo.
OssN11r.png

Is it because he's already dead, or because when we look for his new games he gets shy and disappears?

Couldn't Evil Cole have just been a Zelda-style transformation?

Or hell, push Infamous' morality system in his moveset and have Cole throughout a stock based on how you play 'gravitate' towards either hero/evil and have it reset when you lose one.

The latter is a good idea actually. I'll keep it in mind.

Wouldn't be completely surprised if Superbot considered one of these and axed it because of RAM problems, like with 3DS Smash... PS3 programming is hard.

Has Nintendo been moderating the Miiverse stage a bit more recently?

Used to be characters like ZSS and Palutena had... "interesting" posts showing up, but over the last few weeks it's actually fairly tame now. Mostly just complaining about how overpowered ZSS is (lol) and random posts about Palutena that are relevant and on topic.

Dr. Buni

I was re-watching some reaction videos to various character reveals on Youtube and now I am glad nothing has been leaked so far and I kinda want it to stay this way. I would love to watch more people being surprised by whoever the next DLC character is, especially if said character is someone really popular or Shovel Knight.
avatarquo*.... no I can't it is TOO easy =P
He was practically asking to be avatar quoted XD

So NOA just posted a commercial on YouTube about their Holiday Games and Smash 3DS is one of them. Real DLC (AKA Not these dumb Mii or stage things) is so close I can taste it. QUICK! SOMEONE LOOK AT THE VIDEO AND SEE IF A NEWCOMER IS LEAKED!

Also we got new Puzzle Swap Puzzles. QUICK! SEE IF THE NEW PUZZLES LEAKS NEWCOMERS! GET ALL STREETPASSES AVAILABLE TO UNLOCK THEM!

I still stand by my four characters for November (likely the 20th) prediction. I will stand by it to the bitter end.

Big Daddies are nobodies now? Bioshock was very popular.

To be fair, I think in hindsight we gotta look back at what is still popular. Granted, not all Smash characters have staying power, but a lot are still involved in modern Nintendo. BioShock never really replicated the success of the first game.

We will be lucky to get two characters, let alone four.

I think three is reasonable, judging by the data. Granted that could just be a "eh, if we do it", but that they added two slots, and then a third, tells me that there are semi-specific plans.

Dr. Buni

To be fair, I think in hindsight we gotta look back at what is still popular. Granted, not all Smash characters have staying power, but a lot are still involved in modern Nintendo. BioShock never really replicated the success of the first game.
Some characters in Smash are only relatively popular because they are in Smash. Big Daddies aren't as big (heh) as characters like Nathan Drake perhaps, but if PASBR wasn't a complete mess of a game and the IP had any future, they would probably be immortalized like a few Nintendo characters in Smash.

Also, BioShock still is popular. On top of that, isn't a new BioShock game supposed to be in development?
I think three is reasonable, judging by the data. Granted that could just be a "eh, if we do it", but that they added two slots, and then a third, tells me that there are semi-specific plans.
I am talking about the next DLC patch. I don't think we are getting four DLC characters this year. Maybe two, three at most.

Infinite sold nearly three times as much as the original.

BioShock released on PS3 before it hit its stride, whereas Infinite had a quite healthy consumer base to which to sell. Further, and I admit that this is subjective, but in 10 years, I can't see 2 and Infinite really being that remembered compared to the first.

Some characters in Smash are only relatively popular because they are in Smash. Big Daddies aren't as big (heh) as characters like Nathan Drake perhaps, but if PASBR wasn't a complete mess of a game and the IP had any future, they would probably be immortalized like a few Nintendo characters in Smash.

Also, BioShock still is popular. On top of that, isn't a new BioShock game supposed to be in development?

I am talking about the next DLC patch. I don't think we are getting four DLC characters this year. Maybe two, three at most.

Oh yeah, I understand that characters like CF are Smash icons before (respective series) icons. :v Just saying that I think they put too much weight on the "advertising" side of the scale

But like, Isaac Clarke isn't going to be a big deal 10 years from now. Isn't Dead Space pretty much dead?

As for BioShock, I'm certainly curious to see how it progresses. I suppose it's not quite fair to judge it this way, since an ideal world wouldn't do sequels like these, but I guess I look at the fact that BioShock games are so gapped compared to current franchises (like Assassin's Creed and such) and think that it might have trouble competing in terms of relevance. It's still a very worthwhile franchise overall.

Dr. Buni

Oh yeah, I understand that characters like CF are Smash icons before (respective series) icons. :v Just saying that I think they put too much weight on the "advertising" side of the scale

But like, Isaac Clarke isn't going to be a big deal 10 years from now. Isn't Dead Space pretty much dead?

As for BioShock, I'm certainly curious to see how it progresses. I suppose it's not quite fair to judge it this way, since an ideal world wouldn't do sequels like these, but I guess I look at the fact that BioShock games are so gapped compared to current franchises (like Assassin's Creed and such) and think that it might have trouble competing in terms of relevance. It's still a very worthwhile franchise overall.
Yeah, that is true. But that's exactly what Nintendo is doing with newer Smash titles, the difference is that Smash already is an established IP.

I doubt many people will remember him in 10 years. For a number of reasons, he is nowhere near as iconic as Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield and other iconic characters from survival horror IPs. That being said, what I said in my previous post is valid for him as well: If PASBR somehow reached Smash levels of success, he would likely be immortalized thanks to his participation in the game. It's such a shame Sony didn't care about making an actual good Smash-based game and released that... thing instead.

I think in 20 or so years, the BioShock IP will be remembered more fondly than heavily milked IPs like Assassin's Creed, tbh.

Ahahaha

For the record: I am in a long-distance relationship with a Japanese Nintendo employee who has worked with Masahiro Sakurai in the past. We are both avid gamers (I've even dabbled in competitive Melee as well as Smash 4, hence my username on here) and he sometimes feeds me information regarding upcoming titles. I am keeping both his and my identity a secret and posting from a computer I do not normally use to keep us safe from any possible reprisal.

Says a "big green reptile" is coming next week.

Obviously that's paper yoshi and this is a legit leak.

I'm imaging the DLC team for Smash is probably 12-15 people in size, maybe even smaller.

So of those dozen or so, chances are pretty high only one has a long distance relationship with an American woman. It would be incredibly easy to pull this person out.

So yea... seems legit.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Was watching some PSABR videos because of the Smash withdrawal and me wanting anything, and I think what bothers me the most about that game is how tucked back the camera is. The animations in the game already lack a lot of weight, and placing the camera so far away doesn't help them seem any less inconsequential. Attacks seems to be off most of the time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I got myself a new GCN memory card since I lost the one I had from 2001. Let's see if I can unlock every character and stage in Melee before the new DLC is announced.

I got myself a new GCN memory card since I lost the one I had from 2001. Let's see if I can unlock every character and stage in Melee before the new DLC is announced.

In the month before Smash Wii U came out I had to start up a new melee save, the criteria to unlock Mewtwo basically ended that run for me.

The massive jump in requirements between Pichu and Mewtwo is ridiculous.

You just naturally unlock everyone up to Pichu just kind of exploring the game and playing Single Player.

And then Mewtwo throws this obnoxious multiplayer only unlock method at you.

It was cool as a kid hearing the rumor that if you leave your Gamecube on all night, Mewtwo will appear. Because it's actually true, despite sounding like some playground nonsense. But now it just sort of ruins replayability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom