• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
He basically flaunted and bragged about he was right and Shovel Knight was on the way, to the point of harassing Yacht Club's Twitter, like "SEE, YOU ARENT EVEN BOTHERING TO CAMPAIGN ANYMORE, WHY IS THAT, HMMMM?"

Now that it is blowing up in his face, he is being pissy and using the loopholes most skeptics foresaw him using months back...he never "promised" and he's "just a messenger" an all that

He seemed pretty adamant and I'm not surprised at any of that. He is always teasing stuff like "hey if you only knew what I knew guys, wow" and it is so old and tired. He called somebody out a bit ago for doing the same thing on Twitter....come on dude.

Ridley's personality is pretty much limited to outside sources

I didn't know Zero Mission was an "outside source"? That's where he built the Ridley robot. And I also didn't know the Prime series was an "outside" source either, since that's where the Space Pirates revived Ridley into Meta Ridley (which is the cyborg zombie version I talked about). I also didn't know Fusion and Other M were an "outside" source - that's where we had clones of Ridley.

The only outside source is Sakamoto in an interview stating that Ridley built the robot Ridley to show how awesome he is. And that's the producer of the series making a complementary statement. That doesn't make it less valid than anything that was stated in the game.

and ones that are fairly obscure like that manga

Except that the manga is official canon of the Metroid series. Whether you like it or think it's "obscure" doesn't matter. The Metroid manga is part of the official storyline of the Metroid series.

Zubz

Banned
Eh. I think they could make another 3D Donkey Kong, but I don't know if they should. Tropical Freeze was perfection; they could honestly just port that to the NX for $40 in November 2016 and I'd be good without a new Donkey Kong game for a few years. Even though I played DK64 for hours upon hours as a kid, I might just be adverse to a second 3D DKC after realizing that the game was a bit of a mess, though. Despite most of its problems being easily fixed, I still don't know if the DKC formula benefits from the 3rd Dimension.

Jokes on you I already played Mother 3 with the extremely well done fan translation from Starmen.net! Bwahaha

Yeah, well... I hope Itoi goes all "The Mother trilogy was a mistake" and says that Mother 4, Lisa, and Undertale are now the only canon games in his series. And then he burns all remaining U.S. copies of EarthBound on eBay as a segment in the next Nintendo Direct while sending out a C&D about the Starmen translation of Mother 3 on camera, culminating in him pressing a big "Remove all Mother games from all digital services" button at the end. And then Smash 4 is patched to replace Ness and Lucas with Travis and Brad, with the patch notes being Itoi apologizing for making Mother in the first place.

Too far? Though honestly, as a fan of EB and a Lucas main who got hype as hell for his reveal, I wouldn't mind if I just booted the game up one day to find him replaced with, like, Brad or Undyne. Granted, I also wouldn't mind booting it up to see that the upper half of the CSS is just replaced with Ridley, so...

PK Gaming

I just realised that K.Rool can never be in smash because it would require Sakurai to have played DKC beyond the first level :D

3VveBQn.jpg

Goddamn I forgot how nice Sakurai's drawing style can be.

Given how Mario Maker managed to take off on an unpopular system, I think it's time for another 'DIY' Wario Ware soon.

Anything to make WarioWare relevant again.

DIY was pretty good, but I feel like people forgot about it too quickly. Didn't it take like a year to localize?

javadoze

Anything to make WarioWare relevant again.

DIY was pretty good, but I feel like people forgot about it too quickly. Didn't it take like a year to localize?

Besides that, the sharing system for microgames was done through friendcodes and...

...well...

...you know how well that went...

A DIY2 with some better sharing features and inputs to play microgames (besides the touchscreen) would be amazing.

No news today, Japanese holiday apparently.

I'm curious if tomorrow's Mario Maker update will come with Ryu and Roy costumes. It seems new costumes will be unlocked from Nintendo made challenges, but maybe they'll another row of Amiibo costumes or something. Just missing Ryu, Roy and Shovel Knight at this point for Amiibo.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It has been more than a year ever since we got ESRB Leak. It was fun time where many people were freaking out with the leaks.

I just remember people were worried about Snake's inclusion since they noticed the screenshot of Mii Gunner move's description were similar to Snake's Side B.

Link to ESRB Leak.

Controllable? But it homes in like Samus'

It's basically just a better clone of Samus' side special, I wonder if maybe it changed and was originally controllable?

Man that Mewtwo in Pokken exhibits so much power. Sucks the Smash version ain't as hype.

He looks kind of dumb. "Edgy" for the sake of edgy, along with a confusing name that has people thinking he's related to Shadow Pokemon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah I never understood why people are against Mewtwo being "edgy", his Pokemon dex and anime appearances are what people define as "ow the edge" shit.

Yeah I never understood why people are against Mewtwo being "edgy", his Pokemon dex and anime appearances are what people define as "ow the edge" shit.
There's a difference between standing on the edge and jumping over into it by making a sixth grader's fan Pokemon drawn in the side of their notebook a reality. Mewtwo is Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo is "Mewtwo with spikes!"

Boss Doggie

There's a difference between standing on the edge and jumping over into it by making a sixth grader's fan Pokemon drawn in the side of their notebook a reality. Mewtwo is Mewtwo, Shadow Mewtwo is "Mewtwo with spikes!"

And it's perfect if you look at Tekken. The joke probably flew but that's the intention. Unknown. True Ogre. Devil Jin/Mishima. That old demonic Jinpachi. It's begging to have it. The only thing that could have pushed it further is rather than Mewtwo, it's a Pikachu.

Mewtwo is even Akuma flanderized in the official dex lol

And it's perfect if you look at Tekken. The joke probably flew but that's the intention. Unknown. True Ogre. Devil Jin/Mishima. That old demonic Jinpachi. It's begging to have it. The only thing that could have pushed it further is rather than Mewtwo, it's a Pikachu.

Mewtwo is even Akuma flanderized in the official dex lol
Origin aside I think Tekken actually has some pretty good character designs. Pokken on the other hand has managed to fuck up Charizard. I dunno how they did that. So I think pointing out character design flaws in a game with terrible character design is pretty fair.

Smashboards is one of the absolute worst message boards I have ever attempted to navigate. All that damn nesting, I can't find anything. I used to post there back before Brawl but I don't remember it being that bad.

RomanceDawn

Smashboards is one of the absolute worst message boards I have ever attempted to navigate. All that damn nesting, I can't find anything. I used to post there back before Brawl but I don't remember it being that bad.

Yeah it really is. Then when I want to talk about Ridley I have to find Groups and all this other nonsense, it really is a headache.

And then once you're in, every topic seems to have a social thread and I just want to strangle people. Especially in the character boards where everyone goes by some sort of cult name. The Kremling Kuthroats, the Space Pirates, etc. There is nothing wrong with all of that but a I cringe every time someone calls me or anyone else a fellow space pirate and everyone else a detractor.

Azure J

Yeah it really is. Then when I want to talk about Ridley I have to find Groups and all this other nonsense, it really is a headache.

And then once you're in, every topic seems to have a social thread and I just want to strangle people. Especially in the character boards where everyone goes by some sort of cult name. The Kremling Kuthroats, the Space Pirates, etc. There is nothing wrong with all of that but a I cringe every time someone calls me or anyone else a fellow space pirate and everyone else a detractor.

I recognize that this is probably an age gap thing considering how young some Smashboard members can skew, but yep. :lol

I recognize that this is probably an age gap thing considering how young some Smashboard members can skew, but yep. :lol

Every time I publically dismiss the Smashboards of today, a tiny voice in my head goes "like a 10-year-old kid who signed up as 'KingMewtwo' should have the right to criticize anything about that."

I do miss what I consider the board's glory days (02-04), though. It wasn't perfect, but the overall tone among members was far more measured/chill.

1DDzb8c.jpg

Bluster the Fancy Kong!

mother of god.

Boss Doggie

still holding on DLC hope eh?

Origin aside I think Tekken actually has some pretty good character designs. Pokken on the other hand has managed to fuck up Charizard. I dunno how they did that. So I think pointing out character design flaws in a game with terrible character design is pretty fair.

I dunno, I think they actually corrected Charizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom