• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatchtag

Banned
Surprised as shit. Glad I got to watch the reveal live. Just holy fuck.
Anyways, they need to date the damn thing so I can take work off. Because I will gladly take work off.

Masked Man

I said wow

This is too much.

360.jpg_large

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I totally see Chun-Li being the SF Assist Trophy. Maybe they'll add her if they do an NX remake?

Gray Fox, Shadow, and Elec Man are all secondary antagonists, so Akuma would probably be the Street Fighter AT.

Both would work very well... I could imagine both just fine with their signature moves (or finisher.)

That's terrible.

Cody_D165

Banned
well after today I think it's full-blown conspiracy theory time

Nintendo are pretty buddy-buddy with activision these days. Activision holds the rights to some other pretty iconic mascot characters

what if

what if the Skylanders deal for Bowser and DK was a tradeoff for Crash or Spyro in Smash

I can't stop thinking of these insane possibilities after today's reveal, december is gonna destroy me

Since Cloud got into Smash, I hope this set of characters are him, Snake, and Crash Bandicoot to complete the trifecta of characters that helped define the PS1.

And as a giant sign of irony

kirby_fox

Banned
It's really hard to look at gaming overall and wonder who else could make it in. It feels like with Cloud, ANY game character can make it in now.

Iconic characters are still out there- Lara Croft, Altair or Ezio, Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy, Dante, Crono, Simon Belmont, Rayman, Bomberman, Bub and Bob, Commander Shepard, Sir Arthur, Bill & Lance (Contra), Sora, Scorpion or Subzero, Banjo Kazooie, Spyro, Crash, Ryu (Ninja Gaiden), Prince of Persia...

Then you got characters never on Nintendo before like Duke Nukem, GLaDOS, Big Daddy, etc. that are iconic too.

I wonder if Microsoft would allow Banjo in, they would consider allowing Master Chief. Maybe Sony would license Jak and Dexter or Sackboy.

Smash becoming a celebration of gaming where the big first parties actively work together...I need to lay down.

MagnesD3

I wish wolf had been confirmed long ago so I could at least enjoy these random characters more.. Now I'm starting to doubt he is coming back.

I know this is probably a pipe dream but I do hope the CSS is reorganized after the DLC stops, including that goddamn clone corner.

I have an irrational need.

I know this is probably a pipe dream but I do hope the CSS is reorganized after the DLC stops, including that goddamn clone corner.

I have an irrational need.
Even more unlikely but I would appreciate the Uprising easter egg conversations being updated to cover the DLC characters. I wanna see the KI:U cast try and pronounce SF attack names and crack jokes about Roy already being in Smash or Cloud's fashion choices.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know what's hilarious? Not one did put Cloud in those fan polls.

It's hilarious! It's like kicking those poll guesses.

woopWOOP

It's really hard to look at gaming overall and wonder who else could make it in. It feels like with Cloud, ANY game character can make it in now.
I feel the same way. Before this whenever I read about people wanting Banjo-Kazooie I was like 'Alright sure, it's nice to dream.' Those characters really don't seem so far off now to me anymore, ha.

Really don't know what to expect anymore. As long as it's a videogame character, I'm pretty cool with it anyway (Goku would be so lame that it'd be funny though). Here's hoping that the broadcast and DLC releasedate is somewhere early December, so that we can use it for our little Smash gathering in late December.

NotLiquid

I think I fulfilled a fairly difficult request, what do you think [about it]? For more details, I'll explain in the special Smash presentation in December. [2]

Don't see any reason not to expect more characters from the Special Presentation. Cloud and the Midgar stage looks done. They could release them now if they wanted to. It sounds to me like they're biding their time for additional reveals at that time to release in bulk. I kind of expect this "Last Event" to lay out a "future content" schedule beyond that, perhaps dropping some estimates for future character reveals in 2016 for the game's final hoorah. This is just my guess but I'm assuming that the broadcast will be December 18 so Cloud can release to coincide with Final Fantasy's 30 anniversary.

I don't know though. To be honest, after that Cloud reveal, I feel like prospects are slightly discouraging about who might get in from here on out. It's just such a huge reveal, y'know? I really do hope we get the chance to see one or two new first party newcomers because it feels like the easiest (most underwhelming) thing they can do now is to repack Wolf and Snake, and call it a day.

Anyway, I'm pre-emptively signing myself up for the inevitability that I'll probably have to wait up to six more years for Smash 5 if I want Inklings in the series, in what's likely to be a non-Sakurai game too. Man, I'll almost be 30 around that point.

I'm mostly indifferent. But the peculiarity and profile (at least in the gaming community -- I doubt Cloud is well known mainstream) of the character makes him, at the very least, an interesting choice. Midgar looks awesome. And of course, there is something "buzz" creating about Final Fantasy finally joining the battle.

I doubt he is from the ballot. Something like that would probably be mentioned. Instead, they announced a separate event to discuss presumably just that. Still holding out hope for one cute, fat, and fashionable crocodile man.

By Alvaro Carrillo

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I seriously doubt it, unless they did him within a two-month period.

Any idea why they still haven't updated him in the site and kept the movies unlisted? I remember Mewtwo and Lucas already getting a page despite not being released.

Or he could have been started very early in the "ballot period". But I don't think that's the case and Sakurai's statement isn't very suggestive. After all, I think he also mentioned requests for Ryu (a character not from the ballot). They could have -- and probably have been -- compiling their own data separate from the ballot, as well.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"I think I fulfilled a fairly difficult request"

He finally played past the opening stages of a DKC game to see non jungle areas.

He got to the end of DKC2 and to celebrate he will give us a level based on the Lost World;
Jungle Jinx

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It was odd that Shiva mightn't be part of the stage. She's one of three summons that almost made in every games in mainline franchise and she had a great records with spin off games as well.

I guess it might be rating issues that held her back.

I legitimately cannot think of a new comer that would top Cloud at this point. That reveal will go down in history as pretty much the biggest character reveal Smash has had. It was out of nowhere. Nobody would ever believe you if you said Cloud would be in Smash a year ago. Cloud almost seems like a bigger oddball than Snake was.

So with that, I think the big new comer is out of the way. Like, that's it. Cloud and Ryu. Cloud was a ballot character, picked mid summer due to the huge amount of support.

I think they could go through the Direct straight faced. Reveal Wolf as everyone is assuming they will, some last minute additions, balance, stuff like that. Send off Smash DLC well. Say "that's it guys, hope you enjoyed"

And then the end. Cross fire onto the Smash Logo. There's Snake. Ending this entire parade of crazy with a surprise Snake would be the absolute cherry on top.

It's going to kill Sakurai to not have Snake in this game. I know it. He's managed to basically bring out every major third party he could. Except the original Third Party Smash character. I imagine he's trying everything possible to sway Konami.

Just for some fun, I put all of Q-Q's stained glass portraits of the third party characters together.

1ufBbDr.png

They all look soooo good next to each other. Really makes me hope Snake can return.

So these are the big dogs that are basically left for third parties
Snake
Simon Belmont
Bomber man
Master chief
Crash bandicoot
Banjo
Lara croft
Nathan drake
Am I missing anyone

Platy

The better part about Cloud is that now every single crazy character is now possible.

I can even REALLY BELIEVE in L Tetrimino, Hanafuda and Captain N !

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE

So these are the big dogs that are basically left for third parties
Snake
Simon Belmont
Bomber man
Master chief
Crash bandicoot
Banjo
Lara croft
Nathan drake
Am I missing anyone

Bomberman
Just Dance dancer
L Tetrimino

And ... what do people have against Tetris ???

It is NEVER ON THESE LISTS and it is like THE videogame ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom