• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Quick reminder: As a first for the franchise, fans can throw support for whatever character they want to see in Smash Bros. Don't continually disparage others' choices because you don't think it fits some rule or guideline. Relax a little.

Thanks.

Neoxon

Quick reminder: As a first for the franchise, fans can throw support for whatever character they want to see in Smash Bros. Don't continually disparage others' choices because you don't think it fits some rule or guideline. Relax a little.

Thanks.
Alright then.

Azure J

Thanks.

Still the MVP even outside of Toonami-GAF. :)

-Horizon-

ib2Dg6ggAgic0t.gif

Speaking of Shovel Knight, if he somehow made it in, how would you like him to be styled? He's a weird case, because he's obviously designed as retro, but he's actually current. So seeing him "reimagined" with a new model might be a little weird because he's intentionally designed that way, unlike someone like Pit or Duck Hunt.

So would you rather him have a new full 3D model? Or would you rather him stick to his retro design, ala someone like Game & Watch?
I'd want him as a sprite, would look weird if he wasn't imo.

WayForward knows what's up

vote for the original indie darling
You know, I wonder if Wayforward or any indie had the money or did a kickstarter after talking with Nintendo, if Nintendo would put any character in no matter what as long as that company paid for its development. Probably not, but an interesting thought. #VoteforShantae #VoteforShovelKnight #VoteforMutantMudds

Edit: Well this is embarrassing. Was catching up with this thread and posted twice in a row by accident. Welp. :/

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm really enjoying this arms race between developers to get their own characters into Smash. But how can I choose between Shantae and Shovel Knight?

Azure J

I'm really enjoying this arms race between developers to get their own characters into Smash. But how can I choose between Shantae and Shovel Knight?

Just pick both! lol

Which reminds me, seeing you reminds me that I have to drop a vote on Saki. Sin & Punishment boys live on!

Meesh

Will I be booed for voting for Tetra?

Swashbuckling, sassy pirate Tetra?

C'mon guys, I don't think we've over killed Wind Waker just yet?

Well, I liked her...

Why by using the unwritten and totally unproven rules of Smash speculation,
relevancy + seniority x popularity = some vague percentage of chance
Thus you'll have your mathematically correct answer and I base this on absolutely nothing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I saw Ryce's and made a secret under the table request for it. I think it came out great. Loved the touch with the rising sun in the background.

So amazing! He done a great job with your avatar. Since you took Takamaru, so I'm going with Isaac! :D

Duck Hunt, you have done good job to me and I will return to you when the Ballot hype wore off.

One can transform into animals. The other has a Shovel. I think the choice is clear.

I want more girls so bad but nothing can compete with that 8bit goodness. Sorry Shantae.

Of the two, Shovel Knight is my favorite by far. Shovel Knight is tied for my favorite indie character ever. The other two being The Witch from The Witch's House and the Animatronics from Five Nights at Freddy's. But obviously they don't really have a chance unless Sakurai stumbles upon them and really REALLY like them lol.

So heres a list of indies that I made that have a little chance: (AKA actually appeared on a Nintendo system unlike the two above.)

Shovel Knight
Shantae
Max (Mutant Mudds)
Rusty (SteamWorld Dig)
Quote (Cave Story)
Witch & Hero < Could be fairly unique.
Maiden (Fairune)
10 Second Run Guy
Gunman Clive
Patricia Wagon
Commander Video < Already has a trophy (!)
VVVVVV Guy < Hardest stage ever.

Yeah ok, only Shovel Knight, Shantae, Commander Video and I guess Quote has any real chance but its nice to dream. Seriously can't anyone make a indie smash? :(

SalvaPot

Has there been a NeoGAF voting page yet? Like something where we could actually see how many votes we have made and all that, might be fun.

NeonZ

Isn't she technically third party since she's a HW original (much like Geno is Square-Enix property)?

We don't know how the rights for the characters in that game were handled so far. Koei hasn't used them for any non-HW tie in yet though (like costumes in other games).

L Thammy

Has there been a NeoGAF voting page yet? Like something where we could actually see how many votes we have made and all that, might be fun.

I posted a list of characters a few pages back, but no numbers. You can roughly see which characters are popular mentions here just by combing through a few of the first pages. Wonder Red, K.Rool, (Captain) Toad, Daisy, so on.

Anyhow, I finally decided to do what's right and throw my vote in the toilet:

story_bl4bv8.gif

Crownjo

F-Zero 3DS and Magicant deserve to be in HD. Preferably with nerfed Flying Man

I suggest others doing the same. At least it's a positive thing to do then to be bitter right? Rather then a pic i'll just quote what I put. I would buy these packs if they were real. I would love to increase my smash experience.

DLC/Update Suggestions for Wii U version

Super Smash Bros. N64/Melee/Brawl/3DS

Hi I know I already voted for a character but I do have a personal request and suggestion since this is a rare opportunity for me to have my voice heard. Please do not count this vote. I think you guys should make stage dlc packs based on the previous smash games for example.

N64 Pack (8-11 stages)
Melee Pack (22 stages)
Brawl Pack (16 stages)
3DS Pack (19 stages)

(Flatzone 1/2 and Shadow Moses Island is is removed PictoChat 1/2 is now Pictochat X)

Also I would like to see an update for more stages to use in 8-Player Smash and categories for levels just like Brawl did.

Coppanuva

I posted a list of characters a few pages back, but no numbers. You can roughly see which characters are popular mentions here just by combing through a few of the first pages. Wonder Red, K.Rool, (Captain) Toad, Daisy, so on.

Anyhow, I finally decided to do what's right and throw my vote in the toilet:

story_bl4bv8.gif

What game is that from? Looks awesome!

Or you've been sleeping on GAF; we had a thread earlier today.

Link me pls (Nevermind, found it: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1022935)

But, yeah, Banjo would be a big deal considering he's been demanded for the series since Pre-Melee. I don't even think Geno has that distinction, being much more requested Pre-Brawl, probaly due to more people getting a chance to play Super Mario RPG in the time between Melee's launch and Brawl's E3 2006 Trailer.

Merc_

Why are you guys just doing one vote? I feel that as long as you aren't voting for the same character multiple times, you'll be good. So far I've tossed in a vote for:

Wonder Red
Isaac
K. Rool
Simon Belmont
Zero (MMZ version)
Shovel Knight
Banjo-Kazooie
Shadow (lmao get in)

Spread the love folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom