• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

batfax

So, wait, after seeing a few posts on that last page... am I the only one who's enough of a dope that I only suggested one character? =P

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just had a thought.
Prince Fluff from Kirby's Epic Yarn
He has all the same moves as Yarn Kirby, and he'd be a good representation without having to make Yarn Kirby a character.

Oh god... I miss Brawl in the Family. He would have had a FIELD DAY with this ballot.

TDLink

Characters share/have similar moves and you can't even play as Master/Crazy Hand so I don't think their card move would have any impact on a new fighter using cards as a move.

Okay sure, but what character would you give the cards as a moveset? Do you expect a deck of hanafuda cards to be a character on their own? Would they make like a Nintendo Guy to use the cards and also like the Ultra Hand or something?

Okay sure, but what character would you give the cards as a moveset? Do you expect a deck of hanafuda cards to be a character on their own? Would they make like a Nintendo Guy to use the cards and also like the Ultra Hand or something?

322px-Maruo_Maruhige_Trophy_Melee.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well as I posted earlier, I found an old Nintendo character call Mister Magician from a magic set of theirs so it wouldn't require too much imagination to visualise a magician character using cards as a move.

If you want to make it a bit more up to date you have Barbara the Bat from Master of Illusion (it even came with a pack of cards).

Back in the Brawl speculation days, a fake "leak" said that Rainman would be on the roster, so after that I always assumed in my head that if there ever WOULD be Hanafuda representation, it would be something along those lines. I think using a character FROM the cards works better than a character that USES cards.

Just for fun if you had to put a non video game character in who would it be?

I'd go with James Bond. Would be cool to have Pierce Brosnan as the main one and then other Bonds as skins. One I'd think would make most sense would be Mickey Mouse. That's all I've got. Was also entertaining the thought of Tony Hawks. =p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I'd go with James Bond. Would be cool to have Pierce Brosnan as the main one and then other Bonds as skins. One I'd think would make most sense would be Mickey Mouse. That's all I've got. Was also entertaining the thought of Tony Hawks. =p
Wasn't James Bond once considered back when Nintendo had the license?

I'd vote Hamtaro because Nintendo did develop games for that series.

Scrooge McDuck, of course.

Neoxon

Star-Lord

Merc_

kT5AoDA.jpg

I'd be genuinely interested in seeing how Paper Mario would play...

Amazing. Just imagine correctly time attacks like in the game on his attacks. :3

So, wait, after seeing a few posts on that last page... am I the only one who's enough of a dope that I only suggested one character? =P

I voted for only one character.

Although.. You have bat in your name, so..

You know, Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X would be neat. Probably way too early, but maybe for the next game.

9148855-1421685759.png

I would not mind her.

Star-Lord

Who?

Village

Mickey Mouse.

Kingdom Hearts Mickey mouse.

Yes the KH part is from a video game. But its still mickey mouse interacting, with mario.

woopWOOP

I can't find it anymore, but there was a website that listed all the monsters from Card Hero, including a trashcan with a big tongue, angel wings and googly eyes.

What I'm saying is I wouldn't mind a Card Hero fighter that summons weird shit for all his attacks, much like Yu-Gi-Oh in Jump Super Stars.
(okay fat chance, but some trophies would be cool too)

Son Of D

Well my main vote was for Impa. Specifically the Hyrule Warriors version with the Naginata which makes it a losing battle. I'd be fine with non-HW Impa though.

I'd like to see what they'd come up with for Mickey Mouse. The moveset potential is so high. I'm also partially envisioning a moveset reminiscent of Pac-Man in terms of how crazy he could be.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Another suggestion for non-videogame character would be Pop-Eye due to his connection with Nintendo and the fact it resulted in Donkey Kong.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I would go with Popeye since the license might be cheaper and it had a history with Nintendo.

He would provide an unique gameplay where he could charge up his power up to three times with Spinaches. Spinaches would power up Popeye and more likely affect most of his moves.

Clefargle

Dunno how I feel about Popeye, James bond, or Mickey mouse. Seeing as they are all not video game characters intrinsically. I know they've had their own titles, but none of them began as gaming characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Dunno how I feel about Popeye, James bond, or Mickey mouse. Seeing as they are all not video game characters intrinsically. I know they've had their own titles, but none of them began as gaming characters.
You do realise we were answering a question about non videogame characters right?

So Japanese people have no idea what a Shovel Knight is.

And also they want Roy and Pichu. And Bandana Waddle Dee

Based on the post numbers it seems they were only interested in reporting on certain characters so even within the context of that one 2ch thread we don't get the full picture.

EDIT: Well here's the original thread so if you know the Japanese characters for a character's name you could try searching the other posts if you are so inclined.

Well as I posted earlier, I found an old Nintendo character call Mister Magician from a magic set of theirs so it wouldn't require too much imagination to visualise a magician character using cards as a move.

If you want to make it a bit more up to date you have Barbara the Bat from Master of Illusion (it even came with a pack of cards).
That would be a good idea. Too bad she is probably the worst character design Nintendo has ever created. Is absolutely horrendous and makes me vomit everytime I see her.

Yknow, I really can't get into having Pichu return. I feel like there's a lot more they could put effort into if they're going to include Pokémon clones. I'm all for bringing vets back, but I think Pichu is one character that should remain in the past.

And it's not that I don't like Pichu itself, it's more that I think a same-evolutionary line Pikachu clone is a poor choice of character.

Ahnez

smh at all those Dragon Ball characters

The one true answer is Alucard
(The one from Hellsing, not Castlevania)

MAtgS

o4aB31s.jpg

Only correct answer.

53710b14a320b.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom