• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of the Japanese and their view on Smash. Especially this one:
Wonder Red: Low familiarity. Didn’t make it as Assist Trophies. Can be made with Mii Fighters.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Dash Kappei said:
Are any of my picks likely (in order of preference), haven't voted yet:

Viewtiful Joe
Simon Belmont
Paper Mario
Inkling Girl
Captain Toad
Kaeru
Goemon
Snake
Ryu
Marco Rossi
Bayonetta
Leonardo
The Lego character
Last edited by Dash Kappei; Today at 03:58 AM.

I don't know who Kaeru is, but (s)he likely hasn't been mentioned. Marco definitely hasn't, and now I want to add him, personally.

Oh, maybe I should have added where's they're from.
Kaeru is the cursed frog knight from Chrono Trigger.

Kaeru.full.472459.jpg

chara_zoom04.jpg

Gonna remind again that there are no "official" results on poll, and various charts are purely just made up. Same with that wordpress guy, who only uses very small samples. Never trust any pie charts or graphs that comes out, regardless of its source.

This is "Japanese thinks Legendary Godzilla is fat" levels of ignorance.

Yeah, but people need these things as ammo to fight over.

Being able to say "the JPN like this thing I like!" makes them feel they have some sway.

791 :なまえをいれてください:2015/04/04(土) 09:14:35.00 ID:S06nIibU
ショベルナイトとか発売してもないイカを
日本で出せ出せ言ってるようなもんだろ
外人も程度が変わらんな
Shovel Knight and others, and Splatoon which hasn’t gone on sale yet
It’s like saying to Japan “get out” “get out”
Foreigners are really strange

ショベルナイトとか発売してもないイカを
日本で出せ出せ言ってるようなもんだろ
外人も程度が変わらんな
And yet we got Little Mac while out in Japan (I guess) doesn't really have much fans. :p

Well guess what Japan? Your strange too. All you weird people who want Takamaru. Us Americans would never want a Japan only character like him.

Merc_

Technically Lucas is a Japan only character since we're never getting an official Mother 3 release over here. Marth and Roy both kinda fell into that category too during Melee's release. I think it's fair that we get one too.

Masked Man

I said wow
ショベルナイトとか発売してもないイカを
日本で出せ出せ言ってるようなもんだろ
外人も程度が変わらんな

"Get out" should actually be "Release it," referring to the fact that Shovel Knight and Splatoon aren't out in Japan yet.
"Foreigners are strange" is actually saying the opposite: "They (foreigners) aren't much different than us."

Just for fun if you had to put a non video game character in who would it be?

I'd go with James Bond. Would be cool to have Pierce Brosnan as the main one and then other Bonds as skins. One I'd think would make most sense would be Mickey Mouse. That's all I've got. Was also entertaining the thought of Tony Hawks. =p
cv0Pn1o.png

"Get out" should actually be "Release it," referring to the fact that Shovel Knight and Splatoon aren't out in Japan yet. "Foreigners are strange" is actually saying the opposite: "They (foreigners) aren't much different than us."

OH thanks for the info! Can always count on you Masked Man! :)

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
"Get out" should actually be "Release it," referring to the fact that Shovel Knight and Splatoon aren't out in Japan yet.
"Foreigners are strange" is actually saying the opposite: "They (foreigners) aren't much different than us."

Context.

An entirely new meaning is deciphered!

Loco4Coco

Someone told me there is a list stating that King K Rool was the leading vote getter followed by the Inklings and Wonder Red in Third. That's BS right?

Village

So not only was that info,not even representative of anything really,It was incorrectly translated? Fantastic.

This smash poll is going to be the most interesting game enthusiast related social experiment this side of twitch

Someone told me there is a list stating that King K Rool was the leading vote getter followed by the Inklings and Wonder Red in Third. That's BS right?

Yep.

Its representative of nothing. Some guy saw some people said they wanted k rool and decided to make list. And then made arbitrary rules and put them on the list. To give you more context, black shadow from f zero , advanced wars characters and monita from Nintendo land is on that " list"

Yeah. NO

Hatchtag

Banned
So not only was that info,not even representative of anything really,It was incorrectly translated? Fantastic.

This smash poll is going to be the most interesting game enthusiast related social experiment this side of twitch

Yep.

Its representative of nothing. Some guy saw some people said they wanted k rool and decided to make list. And then made arbitrary rules and put them on the list. To give you more context, black shadow from f zero , advanced wars characters and monita from Nintendo land is on that " list"

Yeah. NO

Wasn't Ridley banned from that list?
I finally started playing Super Metroid after having supported Ridley for a long time despite never playing a Metroid game, and holy hell, now I really want Ridley. How doesn't this series have more reps?

Loco4Coco

Yep.

Yeah. NO

Good I guess, I did vote for Inklings though.

Are people actually seriously legitimately voting for Banjo

Goku has a higher chance of happening.

We'll never know who is really leading the vote. It's all speculation. However, that top three looks fairly accurate. Isaac is very popular as well.

Zubz

Banned

Wow, that almost-literally means the exact opposite of the translation there. Thanks, Masked Man!

Wasn't Ridley banned from that list?
I finally started playing Super Metroid after having supported Ridley for a long time despite never playing a Metroid game, and holy hell, now I really want Ridley. How doesn't this series have more reps?

Because despite being a critical darling, Metroid doesn't rake in the cash like Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon (And the one time they tried to make a AAA Metroid, we got Other M), the series emphasizes isolation so only Hunters, Prime 3, and Other M (And the manga) really give personality to anything but Samus and arguably Ridley, and other than Samus and Ridley, none of those characters are that popular and play a major role within the series. Because Sakurai can't make Ridley work in the way that he wants him to, the next-best option for a new Metroid rep is Adam, unfortunately.

I like how that, thanks to Namco doing the DBZ games, this is somehow entirely true.

I feel bad for the people thinking that Phil Spencer saying he'd love the idea means that there's a chance; being a Microsoft IP with a new game coming up, Nintendo has nothing to gain from it. They make $5 of each Banjo, but Microsoft gets free advertising for a $60 game.

Gartooth

Banjo can't have a lower chance than Goku because Goku is ineligible from the start, thats like saying he has a negative percent chance. lol

Anyway it only takes a minute to fill out a form to let them know what character you would like to see. I don't really think there is such a thing as "wasting a vote" as long as Nintendo doesn't throw out votes from people who did so more than once. (If they did I better go vote for Captain Toad again from a different IP address :O )

Banjo and Kazooie would have been my top pick for a newcomer had they not ended up practically untouchable for Nintendo. Still did a vote for them to show enthusiasm with zero expectations of it ever happening in my lifetime.

Crayolan

We'll never know who is really leading the vote. It's all speculation. However, that top three looks fairly accurate. Isaac is very popular as well.

Banjo may be a crazy pipe dream but he still has a higher chance of getting in than most 3rd party reps people are asking for.

Banjo may be a crazy pipe dream but he still has a higher chance of getting in than most 3rd party reps people are asking for.

Banjo is owned by a direct competitor. Goku isn't. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than adding Nathan Drake or Kratos to the game. Nintendo would gain absolutely nothing from it.

Merc_

Banjo is owned by a direct competitor. Goku isn't. As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than adding Nathan Drake or Kratos to the game. Nintendo would gain absolutely nothing from it.

To be fair, you could make the same argument about Snake. He was there to advertise MGS4 which wasn't coming to a Nintendo console.

Hatchtag

Banned

IIRC, roughly 2 out of every 3 copies sold of Smash 4 are the 3DS version. The 3DS isn't a direct competitor to the Xbox One, Rare's made handheld games since the Microsoft acquisition before. I think this is really important to remember, because while yeah, the home consoles are competing, the 3DS and Xbox One aren't really competing, and the 3DS is where the majority of the purchases are going.

Also, there's things Nintendo could get if they want (Popular Rare games on Virtual Console, Rare characters for use in the oft-rumored Diddy Kong Racing 2).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, but people need these things as ammo to fight over.

Being able to say "the JPN like this thing I like!" makes them feel they have some sway.

Yeah it's silly. All you people are just looking hilarious right now if you trust that guy who cherry picks 2ch of all places.

Hahahah no. Nothing is accurate. We have nothing gauge on. This is literally "shooting an arrow and painting a bullseye on where it landed" argument.

It's representative of the 2ch community, which is the equivalent of 4chan when related to video game matters.

By that logic Wonder Red is popular in gamers since he won /v/'s poll.

Which I wouldn't mind and would absolutely support, but again...

Haha

I get it

Mewtwo is in the game but Roy isn't. Christ, where's the fan demand for Pichu and Young Link? The more clones the better, amirite?

The joke flew over your head huh.

Gartooth

IIRC, roughly 2 out of every 3 copies sold of Smash 4 are the 3DS version. The 3DS isn't a direct competitor to the Xbox One, Rare's made handheld games since the Microsoft acquisition before. I think this is really important to remember, because while yeah, the home consoles are competing, the 3DS and Xbox One aren't really competing, and the 3DS is where the majority of the purchases are going.

Also, there's things Nintendo could get if they want (Popular Rare games on Virtual Console, Rare characters for use in the oft-rumored Diddy Kong Racing 2).

A shame that Rare's restructuring (as well as larger team sizes needed for next gen games) has made it so that we don't receive the handheld support from them we used to. Not all of them were hits, but they released some good stuff after the Microsoft buyout.

Haha

I get it

Mewtwo is in the game but Roy isn't. Christ, where's the fan demand for Pichu and Young Link? The more clones the better, amirite?

I'm assuming you don't read that comic much do you? -_-

The long running joke is that Roy is a forgettable nobody that no one remembers nor cares about.

spanks

I feel bad for the people thinking that Phil Spencer saying he'd love the idea means that there's a chance; being a Microsoft IP with a new game coming up, Nintendo has nothing to gain from it. They make $5 of each Banjo, but Microsoft gets free advertising for a $60 game.

Well that's still better than making $0 off Snake while Konami gets free advertising for a PS3 exclusive.

You have a point, but I like to think Samurai would put character/moveset/popularity/nintendo-ness above anti-MS pettiness. I don't think they see Xbox as a direct competitor anyway.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

The long running joke is that Roy is a forgettable nobody that no one remembers nor cares about.

To be fair outside of the Weapon he gets in his game he is one of the crappiest lords in the series.

Even Micaiah is better then him.

If they're not gonna bring back Sanke (and I agree with why they wouldn't), they should give his moveset to someone else at least.

Instead of adding even more clones of characters already in the game we have a whole new character sitting there doing nothing.

Who could inherit Snake's moveset and actually make sense being in the game?

Hatchtag

Banned
If they're not gonna bring back Sanke (and I agree with why they wouldn't), they should give his moveset to someone else at least.

Instead of adding even more clones of characters already in the game we have a whole new character sitting there doing nothing.

I don't think they'll ever do that, but if they did, probably someone from Advance Wars.

Thanks for the correction! I fixed it. Let me know if I made any other mistakes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

are people still thinking Lucas and Wolf are clones

Well that and I think Katie just tended to focus on Marth and Roy a lot pre-Brawl days in her Smash-themed comics before she was even really into FE. Cue to after Brawl where Roy is really insignificant in his own franchise and is probably never coming back proper yet was one of her favorite characters to use in her comics.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I could only imagine Awkward Zombie Roy's dismay if Pichu was ever revealed but not him. He feels bad enough that Mewtwo and Dr. Mario are back and not him.

comic377.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom