• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're doing all this from different locations right? If you're hoping to look like three different individuals and using the same WiFi network it won't work. You're better off resetting your router as that will give you a new IP address.

Oh, damn I thought that might be how it worked. So will it just be my Tetra vote counted and all others disregarded? What about using 3G on a phone?

ffdgh

Speaking of wolf, he's going to have his starfox 3d voice isn't he....
Please sakurai...reuse the brawl voice clips.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Now time for some party.

Who do I really, really want?

GODZILLA OF COURSE!

3018931-1815416490-Godzi.jpg

cf6.gif

*cue Godzilla theme*

a95.gif

B-but he is bigger than Ridley!

Ahh my silly friend, unlike Ridley who was only shown to be as big as Samus due to sprite limiations, Godzilla has this thing where his fights are always up to scale with him (with the occasional slightly larger enemies). And of course he has been publicly shown to be human-sized.

IL8r76z.jpg
785.jpg
272.jpg
09a.png
f5e.jpg
3f6.jpg

Hell there's even a commercial where he's as big as your average joe, partying it up! Eat your heart out Ridley, you will never have friends to party with!

Anyway he's gonna be a big character, slightly larger than Bowser. He is fast though his attacks take a while to come out. His back has a nice defense.

People talk about his B moves so I'd rather illustrate them.

Neutral B is Atomic Breath.

Atomic_Breath_VS_Sydney_Opera_House.gif

Up B is Flying Godzilla.

godzilla-flying-o.gif

Side B is Godzilla Kick.

godzilla-flying-kick-o.gif

Down B is Nuclear Pulse.

bPBaEzP.jpg

Final Smash is Burning Godzilla.

BurningGodzilla01.gif

And to complete it, here are his taunts.

Up taunt.

03e.gif

Side taunt.

964.gif

Down taunt.

6c9.gif

Also I want to share this because it's funny.

f10.jpg

Boss Doggie

I don't consider them clones but I think the not clones argument needs to appreciate why people consider them clones. While they have a number of differences that define them, their movesets (notably their specials) are based on movesets from existing characters. Enough is changed (especially their standard attacks) to help define them as their own entity, but it's still hard to look at Fox/Falco/Wolf and not think "here are three characters with a number of strong similarities".

Oh I get that, but honestly I see two things whenever people see them. One is not appreciating a character to the fullest, and the other is rationalizing than a character who is not their favorite is being favored.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm hearing that Team Meat, the guys behind Super Meat Boy want Meat Boy to appear in Smash.
... Maybe you should put Super Meat Boy on a Nintendo console first. It's only PC/Mac/Linux and Xbox 360. At least a lot of the fruitless third party/indie choices actually appeared on Nintendo consoles.

I'm hearing that Team Meat, the guys behind Super Meat Boy want Meat Boy to appear in Smash.
... Maybe you should put Super Meat Boy on a Nintendo console first. It's only PC/Mac/Linux and Xbox 360. At least a lot of the fruitless third party/indie choices actually appeared on Nintendo consoles.

I remember that SMB was originally a Wiiware title, then it was also announced to be released for XBLA. I think the game exceeded the Wiiware size limit at the time and they weren't able to make it a physical release, so they scrapped it altogether. You would think that they would release it on the eshop but I think Team Meat had some agreement with Microsoft after the Wiiware version was cancelled. It's probably why it never came to PS3.

So I finally got around to voting from some of my other devices the other day, and threw in additional votes for Captain Syrup from my 3DS and Wii U... I limited it to just her on those ones though, considering I already voted for multiple characters from my computer. That way if they do throw out IP addresses that vote multiple times, at least I'll have voted twice from IP addresses that only voted once...

Anyways, the discussion last night about Shovel Knight and Shantae never making it to Japan got me thinking about other games that never made it to Japan, so I made a separate thread about that: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1024177

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
True, the Pikachu from Brawl and 4 is the Pichu from Melee. Melee Pikachu died after that game.

Pikachu was the top character in Smash 64. He took his job very seriously and was S tier because of it. Ah he was the envy of the entire roster back then. What with his infinitely vertical Thunder combos and quick yet powerful attacks. Melee came along and the yellow Pokemon slowed down a bit, his attacks not as potent and his Thunder not as fearsome. A Pokemon in his prime winding down. This is when the little upstart known as Pichu, much mocked for his constant zapping of himself but his quickness was something to be admired, join the fight. No matter how hard the little baby pokemon tried, despite looking up to his formally S tier peer, he could never quite shake last place on the tier list. Pikachu knew he was getting old and he took pity on the little Pichu. It was no surprise to anyone that Pichu was not invited for the next Smash when Pikachu did something crazy.

Just as Mario was beckoning Pikachu to join the pre-Smash training ring, Pikachu revealed a Thunder Stone, transforming himself into a Raichu. He was disqualified from the fight on the grounds that no one gives a shit about Raichu. So he decided to go from trainee to trainer as he set his sights on Pichu, determined to get him up to snuff before the deadline. Not even Little Mac and Doc Louis could match the grit and determination that was Pichu and his Raichu trainer. The deadline was upon the electric Pokemon and the last hurdle to get into the roster was nigh. Pichu was placed last on the consideration ballot and will fight Little Mac to ensure his spot on the roster. Will this be the first time one of the Starting Eight will not make the fight?

The battle was rough, both Smash hopefuls battered, bruised, and having numerous electrical burns. The cement truck fists of Little Mac proved to be too much for Pichu, and only by the skin of his teeth was he able to latch onto the ledge before being helplessly pummeled right off the edge of the stage. With a tear in his eye he took one last look at Raichu. With merely a nod from his long time Smash hero, Pichu found the last determination he needed to pull his little body back up onto the stage. Little Mac was merely one swing away from charging up his KO move in full. With fierce determination he lunged right at Pichu, almost taking flight as he revved up his punch...when Pichu decided to sleep on the ground. Little Mac flew right over the tiny Pokemon's head, plummeting straight into the abyss with his shitty recovery.

With his victory, Pichu felt strength swell up inside him as his body began to glow, evolving into the most famous Pokemon the world over: Pikachu. With Little Mac officially bumped to Assist Trophy for Super Smash Bros Brawl, Pikachu once again took his place firmly as an unbroken veteran for Smash Brothers. Raichu knew his little pupil surpassed him in skill, going on to become one of the most effective fighters in the soon to be massive roster. He gave Pikachu his favorite green party hat as a parting gift, before officially retiring. With one last brotherly hug did Pikachu send off his long time hero before joining the rest of the Nintendo cast for some good, old fashioned ass kicking fun.

This is my story of Pichu: Zero to Hero! (Hence the explained goggles, wall jumping, and volt tackle)

There are certain types of characters I'd like to see in Smash:

1. Female characters
They've done a good job with the amount of female characters in Smash 4, and I'd like to see that continue. Roster variety is always a good thing. I'm thinking Elma would fit perfectly..

She's probably the best choice, especially with how little attention she's getting.

Elma-san - http://gfycat.com/IllfatedPettyFlyingfish

http://i.imgur.com/QREfk4I.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VSVAtKe.png
http://i.imgur.com/XrcU6Tr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/drIXTp8.jpg

JCX

Just played Dillon's rolling western for the first time. He would be fun, but let's save him for the next smash. Could be a sonic clone.

Final submission for me: (Pig) Ganon!

One of my favorite pieces of Zelda art is one where Blur Boar Ganon looks incredibly massive and menacing with his giant cape and trident and Link looks super courageous but tiny in comparison. He would be another heavy around the size of DeDeDe and Bowser and feature a unique weapon (the trident) but also have a few projectiles. Basically Link had two versions and Zelda has two versions, this one would give more recognition to Zelda's origin as well as finally give the villain an appropriate moveset boy copied from another character

To be completely honest, if she played different enough, I'd be down for Daisy as a Peach clone. It would finally please the fans that have been begging, and they could do some interesting stuff with her.

Maybe had her being harder hitting, a bit heavier (no offense, y'all), and throw in some sport related things. Her final smash could plant flowers on everyone's head and give her the baseball bat item to swing at people.

Boss Doggie

I must say, off-site from GAF, K. Rool fans are... interesting to say the least. Reminds me of Ridley fans.

Speaking of perceived clones, I still think it's funny people think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone.

I saw that reaction over twitter this past Direct where people were bemoaning Mewtwo returning because we already have Lucario.

I must say, off-site from GAF, K. Rool fans are... interesting to say the least. Reminds me of Ridley fans.

Why? Because they're both popular? Ridley fans insisted that character would still be playable after he was revealed to be a stage hazard. I don't think anything can be more obnoxious than that. K. Rool has a legitimate shot at this.

Sponge

Banned

Not trying to point fingers but the only really weird K. Rool fans I've seen are when I browsed SmashBoards, but there's weird fans for every character on that forum.

Village

Why? Because they're both popular? Ridley fans insisted that character would still be playable after he was revealed to be a stage hazard. I don't think anything can be more obnoxious than that. K. Rool has a legitimate shot at this.

K rool one of those characters I don't think as popular as a lot of people thinks he is.

But we will see when this over.

Sponge

Banned
K rool one of those characters I don't think as popular as a lot of people thinks he is.

But we will see when this over.

As long as we get some kind of DK character I'll be pleased. K. Rool would be fine but I'm more than okay with Dixie or even Cranky making the cut.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

that was funny how Mewtwo was like, why the fuck am i doing here?

Speaking of perceived clones, I still think it's funny people think Lucario is a Mewtwo clone.

I saw that reaction over twitter this past Direct where people were bemoaning Mewtwo returning because we already have Lucario.

It's funny and annoying at same time. I still can't see why they actually thought they are clones since there is like only two moves that Lucario and Mewtwo shared out of 30-ish moves.

L Thammy

I don't really like K.Rool. I don't dislike him, but there are so many other characters that I'd rather have. That said, he's one of the three most recurring characters of Donkey Kong's Rare era, and so he's probably one of the best characters to represent Nintendo history.

If I recall, Donkey Kong Country was the best-selling SNES game next to Super Mario World. It had its own cartoon series (which was apparently pretty popular in Japan for some reason). He also serves to represent the N64, since Rare was responsible for a ton of the system's most popular games, with Donkey Kong 64 being up there.

Zalman

I don't care for K. Rool either, but I like what he represents. He ticks two boxes for me:

1) He's a Donkey Kong character - a franchise that desperately needs another fighter.
2) He's a villain, which is something we kind of lack in Smash Bros.

Village

Nah, they actually do have a MASSIVE support base versus a lot of other characters.

No, I don't believe that. I believe a lot of people who have looked inside their own community have come to the conclusion of massive support. I believe some people my have forgotten this is smash bros. I believe some people will be greatly disappointing when he doesn't even chart really.

This is my stance, I could be wrong. But thats my stance
As long as we get some kind of DK character I'll be pleased. K. Rool would be fine but I'm more than okay with Dixie or even Cranky making the cut.

Cranky kong with a giga bowser esque transformation

lU4zm2e.jpg

Sonic boom Dankey Kang alt

J@hranimo

Banned
Yeah I feel like DK should be the only existing series to get a new playable fighter. Maybe Animal Crossing but I feel the ones they would choose are already in the game in some shape or form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom