• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Also Quas-Quas is working on his new project for Smash itself.

super_smash_deck_by_quas_quas-d8kqnio.png

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Super-Smash-Deck-518565264

Bomberman could be cool, then again other than throwing bombs what would he do? He can punch bombs in his game. Kick them across the screen. Yeah the blasts can be large but he'd be in as much danger. Up close can't see him working so well. Maybe his dinosaur pals from the Saturn Bomberman game?

tumblr_m8y3b9QtpG1rdy4o1o1_400.gif

Are you kidding? A freaking F-Zero Racer is a mainstay fighter in Smash Bros. Want to tell me Captain Falcon's fighting style came from his original source material?

They improvise. PAC MAN IS IN SMASH, COME ON BRUH.

Are you kidding? A freaking F-Zero Racer is a mainstay fighter in Smash Bros. Want to tell me Captain Falcon's fighting style came from his original source material?

and the F-zero racer is a bounty hunter from the original source material :p

So we can use our imagination that he can kick ass outside of his car ;)

As for Pacman, Pac-World was made years ago and we've seen what he can do. Like I said, Bomberman seems a kind of one trick pony, Link already throws bombs, and even though I love the hell out of the Bomberman games, not feeling it compared to others :p

Nice choice of gif though, Chidori <3

Nanashrew

Banned

I was actually thinking of some movesets before with Bomberman. There are many different kinds of bombs in the series. Wind Bomb is a unique one that could easily be his up-B since in the games it was used to float over gaps and such. There are mine bombs, fire bombs (normal bomb), wind bombs, aqua bombs, electric bombs, danger bombs, red bombs, timed bombs, power bombs, and sooo many more.

There are also items like the Getta, a slow down item in the series, maybe that could be something that Bomberman throws at someone and forces the opponent to become slow like the Lipstick item in Smash. There's also the boxing glove item for when you're trapped you can punch a bomb out of the way in games. Can be good for like a counter or among normal attacks like forward A.

That's a sample though. I'm stuck in some areas but there's potential for neat stuff due to his history. I know Bomberman had a Zelda clone game on the Game Boy and there are lots of items there that could be looked into as well.

I was actually thinking of some movesets before with Bomberman. There are many different kinds of bombs in the series. Wind Bomb is a unique one that could easily be his up-B since in the games it was used to float over gaps and such. There are mine bombs, fire bombs (normal bomb), wind bombs, aqua bombs, electric bombs, danger bombs, red bombs, timed bombs, power bombs, and sooo many more.

There are also items like the Getta, a slow down item in the series, maybe that could be something that Bomberman throws at someone and forces the opponent to become slow like the Lipstick item in Smash. There's also the boxing glove item for when you're trapped you can punch a bomb out of the way in games. Can be good for like a counter or among normal attacks like forward A.

That's a sample though. I'm stuck in some areas but there's potential for neat stuff due to his history. I know Bomberman had a Zelda clone game on the Game Boy and there are lots of items there that could be looked into as well.

See a post like this is better than just "c'mon bruh" ;)

I like what I'm reading, wasn't there an old bomberman tv show too? Might have to check that out for more ideas. ;p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Give him a skateboard, referencing Hudson's Adventure Island. :0

This would be pretty quirky as well, but maybe have it so when playing as Bomberman, power-up items from his game actually spawn, and he has to pick them up? That's something I could easily see Sakurai do, even though that'd completely kill his competitive viability.

Nanashrew

Banned
See a post like this is better than just "c'mon bruh" ;)

I like what I'm reading, wasn't there an old bomberman tv show too? Might have to check that out for more ideas. ;p

Yeah, it's Bomberman Jetters. It was sort of a tie-in with game of the same name, but unfortunately the anime never came over.

There is also a spinoff anime which was cashing in on the anime and toy tie-in craze like BeyBlade, called Bomberman B-Daman.

Love all these smash ballot comics.

And wow I had no idea that glass window art was updated! Also love the Tarot card project.God I love Smash and its community. <3

Ezalc

Voted for Ray 01 from Custom Robo. Final Smash can be that he becomes Ray Legend and uses a combination of the dragon seeking and sword seeking guns.

Watch Da Birdie

By the way, there's a massive Xenoblade spoiler in that link lol.

Name: Schneid

Character: Medicham

Game: Pokémon Series

Reason: First of all, when Medicham Mega Evolves into Mega Medicham, his attack power skyrockets higher than any other Fighting-type Pokémon&#8212;even Mega Mewtwo X! In the games, he can unleash a threateningly powerful High Jump Kick. In that sense, I think he naturally makes the perfect representative of the Fighting type. I would love to see him Mega Evolve for his Final Smash.

Secondly, even though Medicham earned a Mega Evolution, he is still unfortunately overlooked. His High Jump Kick proves ineffective against popular Ghost-types like Gengar and Aegislash. Even if you try to cover that weakness with other moves, Pokémon X & Y saw the incredible rise of Talonflame and its Gale Wings. As a result, Fighting-types saw a relative drop in popularity. Boasting massive attack power and nothing more, Mega Medicham was unable to compete against more nimble Fighting-types like Breloom. Instead, everyone reserved their valuable Mega Stone allotment for more powerful Pokémon like Mega Kangaskhan or Mega Gengar.

Thus, I would like you to let Mega Medicham enter the fray and enjoy the spotlight as the strongest character in Smash Bros., just like in the original games. Thanks!

Oh man, now I really want this to happen...

But if not, there's still Pokken...

Masked Man

I said wow
By the way, there's a massive Xenoblade spoiler in that link lol.

Wasn't sure how to censor that... :X Then again, Sm4sh already spoils that little development, so I just left it in, haha.

I saw the 2ch stuff earlier, I felt a surge of pride. Thanks for all the work you do here on GAF and elsewhere bud.

PushDustin was the one responsible for doing the 2ch translations, but these ones are all mine. Either way, I'm happy to be of help! :D

Nanashrew

Banned
Name: Lumaru

Character: Ryuta Ippongi

Game: Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!

Reason: Yo! I want Ryuta Ippongi to fight in Sm4sh! He’s popular, he already has 3D animations, and I think he’d be perfect as a fighter or as an Assist Trophy!

Ouendan 2 on the Nintendo DS sold about 270,000 copies! Even though the Ouendan games were only released in Japan, the series is even popular overseas as “Elite Beat Agents”! Ouendan and the EBA appeared in Brawl as trophies!

You can see him pumping his fists in the DS game! From jabs to tilts to Smashes in all directions, he’s got all the right moves! For his special moves and his Final Smash, he could summon a meteor, call one of his teammates—anything! Not even a hunk of frozen space rock can keep him down: he’s unstoppable!

Hailing from Yuuhimachi, Ryuta is the leader of the esteemed Ouendan. His goal is to cheer on the people of the world, giving them the power to overcome any obstacles! That’s why I think he’d make a great Assist Trophy! He could be just like Victini! I want to see him cheer on the other fighters!

It’s been seven years, and people are still anxiously awaiting an Ouendan sequel! I’d be happy even if you just port his trophy from Brawl to Sm4sh! Please!

MAKE THIS MAN'S DREAM COME TRUE SAKURAI! THE PASSION IS JUST POURING OUT OF HIM!

cQP1TsD.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So basically if an iM@S (Haruka Amami 'n' co) or Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku 'n' co) got in GAF would break down in despair? Or is it just reverse psychology to try and fuel the malicious voters?

Watch Da Birdie

I would have voted for Electivire, but I thought we had enough Pokemon at this point...

I feel we're definitely gonna get more Pokemon down the line, so, hey, why not try and get Sakurai to go with one of the cooler ones? I voted for Torterra for that reason...thinking by Smash 5, the DP Remakes will have come out putting him back in the spotlight, and we'll have a set of Starters.

I feel we're definitely gonna get more Pokemon down the line, so, hey, why not try and get Sakurai to go with one of the cooler ones? I voted for Torterra for that reason...thinking by Smash 5, the DP Remakes will have come out putting him back in the spotlight, and we'll have a set of Starters.

Ah, I keep forgetting we're missing a grass-type starter.

Nanashrew

Banned
The translation for Klonoa reminded me I should vote for Klonoa. I can't believe I forgot because I was that person who wanted to see Klonoa in Smash 4 from the beginning. That or Lloyd Irving from Symphonia, but now that's kind of a =/.

Crayolan

I'm sure there are a lot of pokemon candidates being voted for on either side.

And y'know for 18 year olds Nintendo-savvy enough to be voting on a poll like this SMRPG is not that foreign of a game.

So basically if an iM@S (Haruka Amami 'n' co) or Vocaloid (Hatsune Miku 'n' co) got in GAF would break down in despair? Or is it just reverse psychology to try and fuel the malicious voters?

I'd be happy for Horizon and the not-so-vocal Miku supporters and then very confused about how this should-be-impossible thing came to actually happen.

I'm sure the rest of gaf would implode upon itself.

Masked Man

I said wow
Major Xenoblade spoilers in one of those. Don't read this if that bothers you

I kept it in originally because Sm4sh threw it in players' faces, but I removed it on the site.

I've always wondered if Ouendan was really a Nintendo IP.

As far as I know, it is! The music is almost all licensed, though.

It's fascinating reading suggestions Sakurai dismissed that ended up coming true (the Mr. Saturn item, 8-player Smash, 50 character roster).

Also lol at all the kids begging for Smash 2. No wonder he developed series fatigue! D:

Yeah, I was likewise amused seeing that a lot of the fans' suggestions at the time ended up getting implemented several years down the line. Same with Samus' voice!

And, as we have seen, the "pls Sakurai give us more Smash!" cries haven't died down ever since the early days. D:

Hatchtag

Banned

Torterra is honestly one of the best starters...but I feel like starters are over-repped in Smash as it is. I wouldn't mind uber legendaries getting a rep, or a Pokemon with a villainous team leader in the background being a character (Zoroark and N, for example). It's a dumb thought, but I mean you spend so much damn time in the overworld or tracking down big ass legendaries in convoluted plots, and they're just not really all that repped in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom