• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Who needs sceptile when you can get the best gen 3 grass mon

127415499135.jpg

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
We have a Fire and a Water starter. We don't have anyone from Gen 3. That's why Sceptile is the only right choice.

That's why I've been throwing my weight behind any new Pokemon it would be Sceptile. Either him or Ivysaur.

Speaking of, wasn't Lugia one of the more highly requested characters after Smash 64? I thought I seen a list of highly clamored for characters, and Lugia stuck out as an odd pick, considering he's huge. Bigger than Ridley huge.

I have no idea how Serperior would work though.

He gave the Laughing Dog from Duck Hunt a moveset. Try to come up with a moveset for this guy back in the Brawl era. Yeah? I couldn't either.

Sakurai can make it work.

Nanashrew

Banned
We have a Fire and a Water starter. We don't have anyone from Gen 3. That's why Sceptile is the only right choice.

Banette tho

Also why doesn't Wailord come out of a pokeball. Would be great though I'm not sure how they'd get his full size in there.

Caladrius

Voted for the Zero Mission Version of Ridley. I won't let the dream die, dammit.

If I could vote again with impunity, my picks would be Waluigi, then Dark Samus, then Zekrom, then Ray 01, then K.Rool and then, finally

Goku.
No

Pokemon talk? Since Gardevoir is out of the picture, lets go with Gallade. If that pick is way overdone. then lets go ROSERADE!!!!! @_@

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
If I could have one Pokemon as a playable character, regardless of "Gen Reps" or "Element Reps" or anything, it would be Genesect. I love his design, and he'd be great to square off against Mewtwo:

mewtwo_versus_genesect_by_supacrikeydave-d742qit.jpg

Zalman

That's why I've been throwing my weight behind any new Pokemon it would be Sceptile. Either him or Ivysaur.
Sadly I think that ship has sailed. We have so many Pokémon already. The next one we'll get will be from the most recent generation at the time of the next game. I just hope we get a cool Grass starter. It doesn't feel complete without one.

Nanashrew

Banned
Sadly I think that ship has sailed. We have so many Pokémon already. The next one we'll get will be from the most recent generation at the time of the next game. I just hope we get a cool Grass starter. It doesn't feel complete without one.

Well, the Pokemon trainer design from Brawl was of Red from the remakes. It could be possible to get a gen 3 Pokemon now with Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire still fresh in people's minds.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Anyway, I was giving it some thought at work. People have been mentioning and sometimes requesting a Boss Battle mode. Sure, it's a lot of work, but I think it opens up so much opportunity to look at Smash in a whole new light. I'm talking playable boss characters. As in, one person plays as a boss, and his opponents are a team of standard fighters. 1-4, with more people causing the boss to scale up in health, defense, and power. Bosses might have a large pool of abilities and hazards but are telegraphed easily and becoming formulaic will lead to your defeat. And think of some of the characters that could be playable bosses:

Giga Bowser (SSB Melee)
Metal Face (Xenoblade)
Beast Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
Ridley (Metroid)
Kraid (Metroid)
Giygas (Earthbound)
Porky (Mother3)
02 (Kirby)
Nightmare (Kirby)
Andross (Starfox)
Hades (Kid Icarus, if he never gets in as a standard fighter)
Emperor Bulborb (Pikmin)
Legendary Pokemon (So many to choose from...)
Eggman (In a large mech no doubt)

Just some that I can throw off the top of my head. A roster of 8-10 of these big bad boys would be amazing if balanced properly. What do you guys think? Dumb idea? Going somewhere?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
People had similar ideas to that and a stage hazard controller as a way to use the GamePad. Then Sakurai revealed they had no plans to really use the GamePad so that all went to pot.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
People had similar ideas to that and a stage hazard controller as a way to use the GamePad. Then Sakurai revealed they had no plans to really use the GamePad so that all went to pot.

Sad.

Oh well, I guess having a 02 boss in Smash is still a dream to me.

With the ORIGINAL GOD DAMN THEME. Or a properly mixed one. The 02 theme we have right now is annoying and peppy, instead of epic and depressing like 02's theme should be. However thought it was a good idea to have "HEY!" be shouted every 2 seconds in the theme needs smacked with a cactus.

Then again, I love everything Kirby 64. Sure it has my least favorite power selection compared to others, but the power combination mechanic was at least neat, and it was my first Kirby game. It's largely ignored in Smash outside of the ridiculously mixed 02 theme. I would have been overjoyed if the original was ripped to the game. But you had to ruin 02, Smash. You just had to ruin 02 for me. The one thing from Kirby 64 The Crystal Shards in this goddamn series and "HEY! HEY! HEY! HEY!"

God Damnit.

I should NOT be this salty over a song mix.

MagnesD3

Anyway, I was giving it some thought at work. People have been mentioning and sometimes requesting a Boss Battle mode. Sure, it's a lot of work, but I think it opens up so much opportunity to look at Smash in a whole new light. I'm talking playable boss characters. As in, one person plays as a boss, and his opponents are a team of standard fighters. 1-4, with more people causing the boss to scale up in health, defense, and power. Bosses might have a large pool of abilities and hazards but are telegraphed easily and becoming formulaic will lead to your defeat. And think of some of the characters that could be playable bosses:

Giga Bowser (SSB Melee)
Metal Face (Xenoblade)
Beast Ganon (Legend of Zelda)
Ridley (Metroid)
Kraid (Metroid)
Giygas (Earthbound)
Porky (Mother3)
02 (Kirby)
Nightmare (Kirby)
Andross (Starfox)
Hades (Kid Icarus, if he never gets in as a standard fighter)
Emperor Bulborb (Pikmin)
Legendary Pokemon (So many to choose from...)
Eggman (In a large mech no doubt)

Just some that I can throw off the top of my head. A roster of 8-10 of these big bad boys would be amazing if balanced properly. What do you guys think? Dumb idea? Going somewhere?
King K. Rool could be a boss too. Kappa

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many times I have voted for Wonder Red and Meat Boy by now

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Oh jeez, more size debates.

Why are so many of Nintendo's villains so freaking huge? I didn't even know K. Rool was that big.

Like Bowser, his size changes with each game.

dkc2shot8.jpg

His next two DKC appearances have him about the same size as Bowser is in SSB, yet previously he was massive.

Red Hood

Banned
Sorry Brah

98c.png

Too Big
Firstly, I think Ridley is bigger than on your picture. He's probably twice Samus' size in length if I remember his Super Metroid appearance correctly.

Secondly, Sakurai and co. probably know it a lot better than I do, but I don't understand why Ridley being "too big" means not including him at all. Nothing a little bit of downsizing can't fix. I don't think your image is correct, but if it was, it would mean he isn't that much bigger than Charizard, which again a little downsizing can't fix.

Fa26jFV.jpg

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Firstly, I think Ridley is bigger than on your picture. He's probably twice Samus' size in length if I remember his Super Metroid appearance correctly.

Secondly, Sakurai and co. probably know it a lot better than I do, but I don't understand why Ridley being "too big" means not including him at all. Nothing a little bit of downsizing can't fix. I don't think your image is correct, but if it was, it would mean he isn't that much bigger than Charizard, which again a little downsizing can't fix.

Fa26jFV.jpg

I'm pretty sure the poster you quoted is just trolling.

Loona

I voted for classic Athena:

ATHENA_SCREEN.jpg

As an SNK fan, it just seems right - I've seen others suggest Terry Bogard on Twitter, but I figure Athena fits Smash's tone better, and her game was on the NES.

Other strong points:

- female character
- between her platformer version and her fighting game appearances it would be simple enough to conceive a good moveset for her
- her armor could be an important gameplay element - in Smash different characters have different weight classes which affect how hard they are to launch and juggle. By letting her control how much of her armor she's wearing at any given time she could switch between being lighter and moving faster for better offense, or doning the armor for better defense but loving some movement speed.

Yes, I realize it's unlikely, but if I don't try it becomes a bit more impossible.

For a more likely 3rd party character, Namco's Valkyrie for similar reasons, and from Nintendo, maybe Cubone or Birdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom