• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
;D

esaelp rof cld loor .k gnik dna yediR

Earth + Flat = Of course

latest

Rooligan

Neo Member
It wasn't just Ridley being large that was directly a problem, it was that his awkward bodyshape looked terrible when sized down, especially with that awkward neck of his. K. Rool's just a generic humanoid, and his size isn't a central part of his character like with Ridley. In the last few games before he retired, K. Rool was also a significantly smaller size on par with DK anyway.

MagnesD3

It wasn't just Ridley being large that was directly a problem, it was that his awkward bodyshape looked terrible when sized down, especially with that awkward neck of his. K. Rool's just a generic humanoid, and his size isn't a central part of his character like with Ridley. In the last few games before he retired, K. Rool was also a significantly smaller size on par with DK anyway.

Oh yeah he would be way harder to work on than K. Rool. But the thing is there's no time limit now that the game is out so they would have alot of time to make Ridley work despite things being difficult.

However I in no way shape or form think Riddles will make it in this time since Sakurai's mind is currently made up but Ill vote for him so maybe he has a shot for Smash 5, supporting never hurts.

The only hope of ridley being in smash besides PM imo is Smash 5 and if he were to get in I think he would be the "Megaman" of the game where they reveal him in the first batch of trailers or whatever to generate insane hype. But who knows I just hope his popularity doesnt die down by then.

It's definitely possible, I've seen a couple of successful hacks/mods pull it off well.

If all else fails though, they could just make a unique model for Ridley, or maybe a model that combines both Clone-Ridley and the real Ridley.

MagnesD3

It's definitely possible, I've seen a couple of successful hacks/mods pull it off well.

If all else fails though, they could just make a unique model for Ridley, or maybe a model that combines both Clone-Ridley and the real Ridley.

Id take this goofy mofo. Bad Graphics and all.

Melee01--article_image.jpg

The only thing that was more hype to me in that opening besides that was this

MeleeWolf.png

:( #FreeWolf

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah he would be way harder to work on than K. Rool. But the thing is there's no time limit now that the game is out so they would have alot of time to make Ridley work despite things being difficult.

However I in no way shape or form think Riddles will make it in this time since Sakurai's mind is currently made up but Ill vote for him so maybe he has a shot for Smash 5.

The only hope of ridley being in smash besides PM imo is Smash 5 and if he were to get in I think he would be the "Megaman" of the game where they reveal him in the first batch of trailers or whatever to generate insane hype. But who knows I just hope his popularity doesnt die down by then.

Honestly, I think you're right about Ridley being among the first revealed in Smash 5 IF he were to be reconsidered. Considering how much he's been asked for over the last couple of games and the fact that Sakurai had to address the character regardless, he'd be a major sell alongside one or two newcomers from new series between now and Smash 5.

Dr. Buni

Translation: I don't like K. Rool, therefore his fanbase is cult-like, delusional, scary, evil, etc. Your holier than thou attitude and constant generalizations make these threads insufferable.
I agree. His attitude + that creepy guy who licks lucina amiibos are the reasons I only rarely lurk and almost never post on Smash GAF anymore.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If Sakurai just said he was making Ridley a stage hazard we could have had an angry outburst and quickly got over it yet he decided to build up the tension for over a year just to grind the gears of Metroid fans. And if it wasn't the plan to do so it sure felt like it to me.

He basically hinted towards it which is why most people already concluded he'd be a stage hazard. Sakurai reveals things at his own pace, Ridley wasn't a special exception, there were loads of reveals that had odd timing, like some veterans not being confirmed for ages. Ridley fans just made a bigger beef about it and basically wound themselves up.

Mark1

Personally going to go for Banjo+Kazooie, Wonder Red, Bomberman and Rayman. Having just one of these would make this already fan content filled game into something truly unique and one of a kind.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I agree. His attitude + that creepy guy who licks lucina amiibos are the reasons I only rarely lurk and almost never post on Smash GAF anymore.

Every time I pop my head in it's just people talking about online matches and tactics I'll never use.
Personally going to go for Banjo+Kazooie, Wonder Red, Bomberman and Rayman. Having just one of these would make this already fan content filled game into something truly unique and one of a kind.
About that...
mGMRVec.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
has anybody suggested solid snake from the metal gear series yet

Majukun

did they even gave a time limit for this ballot?
or even assure that they would take it into consideration and it's not just a adv stunt?

it would not be the first time that nintendo ask what the consumers want and then does none of it

or even assure that they would take it into consideration and it's not just a adv stunt?

it would not be the first time that nintendo ask what the consumers want and then does none of it

The poll ends 10/3/2015, and no, they didn't really guarantee that the winner will be added or that they'll even use the poll at all. It's basically just a suggestion box.

The only thing that was more hype to me in that opening besides that was this

MeleeWolf.png

:( #FreeWolf

I imagine the intro video was made before the decided to drop Wolf for Falco, which is probably why he's in the video.

Alhtough we know Ganondorf was the last clone and he's in the intro, so maybe they just liked having Wolf there instead of Falco.

Village

Its on th ballot site.

Its like October.

Or July, depending on which version of the / / / system they are using

Parshias7

Do you think we'll see the results during E3?

I feel like we might never see the results, and if we do, it might be edited to remove trollish stuff like Goku.

Even if we do see the results, people have to remember how this was worded in the Direct: it's not guaranteed that whichever character gets the most votes will be added as DLC, Iwata specifically said that they'd "consider it." This is essentially a suggestion box for Sakurai. That's not to say that the votes don't matter, they totally do, but a character could get a lot of votes and then the dev team might not be able to come up with a good move set for them, or that character might be put in Smash 5 rather than DLC for Smash 4.

Qurupeke

Ridley can just be like the boss Ridley. Powerful character, hitbox is huge but he's pretty slow and easy to hit. Add more moves and he's ready. It would be interesting I guess.

He wouldn't probably fare well(or he would be broken) competitive wise but he would be cool and special.

Plus, when you play as Ridley on the Metroid stage, Kraid becomes the boss. And my next request is playable mini Kraid.

Village

Here's some Japanese Twitter requests

I'm noticing a pattern. Japanese gamers really like vets, specifically Roy and Wolf.

Roy has a ton of activity on Twitter. I think people are counting him out of the race way too early, especially given how relatively easy he would be to add.

I don't care enough about fire emblem to hate or love roy

I will say that homie had the best outfit in awakening. And would play as him instantaneously if they just threw him in wearing that

Voting for Young Link is pretty much a waste of a vote seeing as he is already in the game.

Yep

Pretty much the only character you can, without a doubt, say will never again be in Smash.

I don't even know why Toon Link isn't just named Young Link... it's not like either name is canon.

MagnesD3

The poll ends 10/3/2015, and no, they didn't really guarantee that the winner will be added or that they'll even use the poll at all. It's basically just a suggestion box.

I imagine the intro video was made before the decided to drop Wolf for Falco, which is probably why he's in the video.

Alhtough we know Ganondorf was the last clone and he's in the intro, so maybe they just liked having Wolf there instead of Falco.
I just remember being mad as a kid when I didnt unlock Wolf in the game lol. I remember also thinking how cool it would be to fight as the purple dragon (didnt know jack about metroid at the time.)

NeonZ

I don't care enough about fire emblem to hate or love roy

I will say that homie had the best outfit in awakening. And would play as him instantaneously if they just threw him in wearing that

They didn't use the Awakening outfit for Marth or Ike though, so chances are Roy wouldn't have the Awakening DLC design either. Although Lucina was going to be a costume for Marth, so it'd make no sense to use Awakening's design which is basically the same as Lucina's outfit. Meanwhile the Ike in Awakening is Path of Radiance's, rather than the older version from Radiant Dawn, which was the one included in the new Smash.

So, I guess there's a small chance they could actually go with the new design, since there's only one version of Roy and it wouldn't clash with anyone else's.

Gartooth

For all the Dixie vs. K. Rool talk, I wouldn't mind seeing them both get in. Both have vocal supporters, and other IPs have received more than 1 newcomer per entry in the past.

For all the Dixie vs. K. Rool talk, I wouldn't mind seeing them both get in. Both have vocal supporters, and other IPs have received more than 1 newcomer per entry in the past.

Bundle them together with a Tropical Freeze stage containing extra David Wise tunes and wrap it all up as the DKC super value pack
Also includes Lanky Kong AT.
Smash DLC of the forever
for DKC fans like myself

Really though you're right that it doesn't have to be just one or the other.

Dixie was cut from 2 Smash Bros games so far.

The only other (not vet) character (that we know of) where this was also the case is Dedede (cut from both 64 and Melee).

A lot of 64 cuts were in Melee (Bowser and Mewtwo) and a TON of Melee rejects were in Brawl (Wolf, Wario, Dedede), so it's not out of the question that Dixie will get her chance eventually.

Bring back Big Blue!!!

Big-Blue-super-smash-bros-brawl-886572_400_315.jpg

I never thought I'd be writing out this but, I also miss Big Blue.

The stage was ridiculous, but in a kind of fun way.

It, Rainbow Cruise, and the Smash 3DS Melee stages really feel missed on the Wii U. There's a hole in my heart for a Great Fox level, the first game in the series to not have one (Orbital Gate doesn't count)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom