• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopWOOP

I see. Good to know. Still my excitement isn't dampened because I don't remember those being there after the games released. Anyone know for sure? Because different browsers or not I remember as characters were revealed they would fill up the empty spaces. As more came in the spaces would decrease and just before they would completely fill up more would be added. By the time the game released and the hidden characters were gone I swear those boxes were gone.

I guess it doesn't mean we'll get a guaranteed 4 more after Lucas but just seeing them there gets me excited. In just a couple months we could have Lucas, Wolf and someone brand new filling in the spaces.
If Lucas eventually fills up one of the empty boxes I say it's guaranteed we'll get 4 more DLC characters atleast.

In that case, part of me is thinking that these remaining characters are already planned apart from the ballot's results*... and they're all Melee/Brawl veterans. So get ready for Wolf, Roy, dinky knife Young Link and even more useless Pichu! Hey, saves them time not thinking up whole new movesets, plus familiarity would have people pretty excited either way (tho Y.Link and Pichu would piss off a lot of people too for sure).

*ofcourse that'd mean we'll get more than 6 DLC characters and somehow that feels a bit too much post-game support. Would love to be wrong tho.

Not before Dream Land 64, Pokémon Stadium 1, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, & Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

There's no point in Stadium 1. Other than looking ugly and dated, just allowing a toggle for Stadium 2 to use the 8 player version would work just as well.

If we're porting Pokemon stages, I'd rather have Saffron City or Lumiose City.

Neoxon

There's no point in Stadium 1. Other than looking ugly and dated, just allowing a toggle for Stadium 2 to use the 8 player version would work just as well.

Pokémon Stadium 2 is banned, Pokémon Stadium 1 is a counter-pick. That's more than enough of a difference, plus the original was the superior stage anyway.

But I'd be happy with Lumiose City as well, that was a counter-pick.

Pokémon Stadium 2 is banned, Pokémon Stadium 1 is a counter-pick. That's more than enough of a difference, plus the original was the superior stage anyway.

Stadium 2 eight player mode is just Project M Stadium 2, and adding a toggle for a map that already exists is a lot less effort than to bring back a stage.

And Stadium 1 might not be counterpick in Smash 4. It was debatable in Melee, and with a different engine and different characters it very well might be banned.

Stadium 1 not aging well is a pretty good reason not to bring it back. It'd require too much clean up to make it fit with the really nice looking Smash 4 Melee stages.

You know you can bring back stages just because they were fun, right?

Real Hero

I can't see them adding Assist Trophy characters, seems like an extra little extra nuisance that would push them to do another character.

FSLink

Banned

What? The transformations are really interesting in Stadium 1 and less obtrusive than Stadium 2's. It'd totally be worth having.

Though I agree that having Lumiose City or any of the 3DS version stages would be nice.

I think I'd much rather have more ports of N64 stages than anything else, all the stages in there are pretty damn great.

Stadium 1 would likely be considered a "neutral/starter" if it weren't for the striking system requiring an odd number of stages.

tkscz

This could easily be one of her taunts
tumblr_n7i5k1jjNZ1qiodg3o1_500.gif

Alt Taunt:
cqALvkU.gif

Neoxon

Stadium 2 eight player mode is just Project M Stadium 2, and adding a toggle for a map that already exists is a lot less effort than to bring back a stage.

And Stadium 1 might not be counterpick in Smash 4. It was debatable in Melee, and with a different engine and different characters it very well might be banned.

Stadium 1 not aging well is a pretty good reason not to bring it back. It'd require too much clean up to make it fit with the really nice looking Smash 4 Melee stages.

You know you can bring back stages just because they were fun, right?
But Stadium 1 was legal even with the transformations, & said transformations were actually interesting.

And while while yes, we can have fun stages, we need tournament-legal stages more. And who says legal stages aren't fun?

Qurupeke

Half joking
Because Ridley could work of course. :p

In all seriousness, I want another Metroid rep but I really can't think anyone else that isn't a Samus clone. Dark Samus could work I guess but I'm not a fan of her/it.

But Stadium 1 was legal even with the transformations, & said transformations were actually interesting.

And while while yes, we can have fun stages, we need tournament-legal stages more. And who says legal stages aren't fun?

Nobody, but Smash 4 has plenty of legal stages and yet every time I watch a tournament 90% of the time it's Smashville/Town and City and the other 9% is battlefield with an odd Delfino in there.

The only stage I could honestly see shifting that is Yoshi's Island Brawl, but that's on the 3DS already so it's not really likely to jump to the Wii U.

Neoxon

Nobody, but Smash 4 has plenty of legal stages and yet every time I watch a tournament 90% of the time it's Smashville/Town and City and the other 9% is battlefield with an odd Delfino in there.

The only stage I could honestly see shifting that is Yoshi's Island Brawl, but that's on the 3DS already so it's not really likely to jump to the Wii U.
I guess I'm getting too used to PM's bountiful supply of legal stages.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All this Pokémon stage talk and no mention of Pokéfloats. smh @ all of you in this thread and out.

Fandangox

I agree. His attitude + that creepy guy who licks lucina amiibos are the reasons I only rarely lurk and almost never post on Smash GAF anymore.

See Horizon? You are giving us bad rep.

Didn't horizon actually get banned for something like this during the smash cycle

Gartooth

Bundle them together with a Tropical Freeze stage containing extra David Wise tunes and wrap it all up as the DKC super value pack
Also includes Lanky Kong AT.
Smash DLC of the forever
for DKC fans like myself

Really though you're right that it doesn't have to be just one or the other.

You just reminded me of how unfulfilled DK stages are in Smash. The Returns stage in this game was nice, but there is always a history of jungle levels. DKC2 pirate level or a location from DK64 could be awesome. I agree though that Tropical Freeze could have a great stage, though I would be worried if it was a relatively boring pick like frozen DK Island rather than a location from Worlds 2, 3, or 5.

Also who said we just need one AT? Throw in Rambi, Cranky, and Funky too!

Kiro

Let's hear your dream 5 people for DLC characters.

1. Paper Mario
2. Inkling
3. Wonder Red
4. Geno
5. Isaac

There are about 15 other people I want, but you can only pick 5. gogo!

1. Wolf
2. Roy
3. Snake
4. K Rool
5. Pichu with Plusle/Minun alts

I like vets. My true most wanted new comer is Dark Samus, but that isn't happening and neither is Banjo, so I went with K Rool because the big oof deserves it after all these years.

Gartooth

1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Toad / Captain Toad
3. Dixie Kong
4. King K. Rool
5. Bandana Waddle Dee

Inkling is the most obvious newcomer pick for Smash so I'm not going to concern myself with her.

Dream DLC characters

1. Dixie Kong
2. Kaptain K. Rool
3. Kumatora
4. Impa (Skyward Sword version)
5. Wonder Red

Dream DLC costume alts

1. Ninten (Ness)
2. The President (Olimar)
3. Blue Pajamas Toon Link
4. Pig Army Commander Lucas
5. Claus (Lucas)

Dream DLC stages

1. Pokemon Stadium 1
2. Gangplank Galleon
3. Tazmilly
4. Magicant HD
5. Saffron City HD

-Horizon-

See Horizon? You are giving us bad rep.

Didn't horizon actually get banned for something like this during the smash cycle

But I don't have any Lucina amiibos to lick :/

I may have joked about something similar but not actual licking...at least I hope I didn't lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
1. GameBoy Camera-kun
2. eShop Bag
3. Wii News/Photo Channel cats
4. DSi/3DS Music Budgie
5. Imakuni

L Thammy

There is a maximum of zero chance that this would happen, but I wonder if Sakurai would be able to include the Komamen from Jump Super / Ultimate Stars and just give them Naruto and Goku's moves from those games. Like, what legal hurdles would he have to go through to troll that hard.

EDIT:
Coincidentally, if you search for Komaman on Google:

My idea for K. Rool's trailer is:

It starts off super serious. It's a sword fight between Lucina and Roy. Lucina is hanging on the edge, Roy charges his shield breaker and boom, explodes her dead. The camera zooms "ROY SEALS TH..."
*SLAM*
Roy goes flying off the right side of the screen
"KROOL BUTTS IN"
Cue K. Rool Montage with Gangplank playing in the back.
Ends with K. Rool laughing like a mad man over Roy laying on the ground.

This has to happen. Play off of Roy not being that terribly impressive of an addition to hype up K Rool more.

Fandangox

My idea for K. Rool's trailer is:

It starts off super serious. It's a sword fight between Lucina and Roy. Lucina is hanging on the edge, Roy charges his shield breaker and boom, explodes her dead. The camera zooms "ROY SEALS TH..."
*SLAM*
Roy goes flying off the right side of the screen
"KROOL BUTTS IN"
Cue K. Rool Montage with Gangplank playing in the back.
Ends with K. Rool laughing like a mad man over Roy laying on the ground.

This has to happen. Play off of Roy not being that terribly impressive of an addition to hype up K Rool more.

That would... cause quite a reaction.

I am up for it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
1. Snake
2. Wonder Red/Wonderful 100
3. Commander Video/Shovel Knight
4. Inkling with Splatoon stage
5. EBA

Status
Not open for further replies.