• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Not before Dream Land 64, Pokémon Stadium 1, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, & Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Ah those legal stages. Yoshi's Island is on 3DS, unfortunately.

I agree. His attitude + that creepy guy who licks lucina amiibos are the reasons I only rarely lurk and almost never post on Smash GAF anymore.

How can someone lick Lucina Amiibo yet since it's not even out in worldwide?

That would... cause quite a reaction.

I am up for it.

Roy seems to be a popular poll character, but he'd have a lot of people complaining if he was added.

K. Rool would ease his addition in a bit more by being the focus of the DLC, with Roy as just a bonus character to please his fans.

Azure J

Let's hear your dream 5 people for DLC characters.

1. Paper Mario
2. Inkling
3. Wonder Red
4. Geno
5. Isaac

There are about 15 other people I want, but you can only pick 5. gogo!

Takamaru - The man, the myth, the legend. Also, Katanas Are Just Better™

Lip/Ashley/Captain Syrup/Daisy - I still like Lip because of these old concepts from Smashboards:

iDNzRMWgQToyQ.gif

ibjQGRf5Ctfhek.gif

iblkAYhzLRe5JK.gif

ibeFLRvihwTbwp.gif

imSoyEiTH7Xqd.gif

ibh0DvWkLDcjs8.gif

i7SGU1DiCDDkA.gif

iZm6QIRGgDyOp.gif

The idea of a character that can actively command positioning of other objects with a projectile "cursor" and play mind games with them is tantalizing for me. At the same time, I also would like to see the Wario series pick up another newcomer. Captain Syrup would be especially neat because of how they could play up Wario Land through her. Ashley could be fun too as a surreal and quirky bumbling witch. Finally Daisy has come around to be a really neat idea for getting a Mario Sports/Kart based move set some shine. She absolutely needs to be mostly modeled off her Strikers self though both because soccer is best sport and the personality there is great. :lol

Decisions, decisions.

Inklings - This is a no brainer awesome pick.

King K. Rool - For the fans really. I guess I just want to see one of the bigger request bases get their wish as a good sport.

Wonder Red/Wonderful Ones - Could result in the most fascinating character addition ever if done right and there's a high chance it will go right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
"K Rool butts in"? Surely you can do better than that. Like cribbing the DK64 intro

K Rool
Is finally back (and about time too)

Neoxon

1. Wonder Red
2. Chorus Kids
3. Inkling
4. Dixie Kong
5. Impa

It was hard to pick the last one since my other favorites are either third party or are already in the game in another active role.

the magnificent never ever going to happen in a million years top 5:

1. Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan (either or, or as skins of each other with different default depending on region)
2. Kyle Hyde
3. Saki Amamiya (or Isa or Kachi)
4. Chorus Kids (or any Rhythm Heaven character)
5. Lip

and an advance wars character is close behind. basically i really only think in terms of franchises, lol

imakuni was an excellent pick though

FSLink

Banned
My idea for K. Rool's trailer is:

It starts off super serious. It's a sword fight between Lucina and Roy. Lucina is hanging on the edge, Roy charges his shield breaker and boom, explodes her dead. The camera zooms "ROY SEALS TH..."
*SLAM*
Roy goes flying off the right side of the screen
"KROOL BUTTS IN"
Cue K. Rool Montage with Gangplank playing in the back.
Ends with K. Rool laughing like a mad man over Roy laying on the ground.

This has to happen. Play off of Roy not being that terribly impressive of an addition to hype up K Rool more.

Add a part where DK and Diddy go to fight him and then along comes Dixie Kong, and this would be the best.

L Thammy

My idea for K. Rool's trailer is:

It starts off super serious. It's a sword fight between Lucina and Roy. Lucina is hanging on the edge, Roy charges his shield breaker and boom, explodes her dead. The camera zooms "ROY SEALS TH..."
*SLAM*
Roy goes flying off the right side of the screen
"KROOL BUTTS IN"
Cue K. Rool Montage with Gangplank playing in the back.
Ends with K. Rool laughing like a mad man over Roy laying on the ground.

This has to happen. Play off of Roy not being that terribly impressive of an addition to hype up K Rool more.

I like the idea, but instead, have K. Rool eat Roy. Then eat Lucina and have big inflated belly. After the trailer, Sakurai appears and apologizes for his weird fetish.

Azure J

Shit I forgot Impa.

Damn, for all the comments about "bottom of the barrel" for Smash rosters post Brawl, there's a lot of really good candidates still left over.

Speaking of movesets, anyone else kinda iffy that a lot of Up B's are kinda... uninspired?

Play more Greninja. There is nothing more mechanically interesting and satisfying than Hydro Pump.

BRUH

Speaking of movesets, anyone else kinda iffy that a lot of Up B's are kinda... uninspired?

I keep thinking DK should have an up b similar to Diddy, except DK gets in a barrel and gets launched at a higher speed but with way more ending lag.

But the kong tornado is kind of iconic at this point for how ridiculous it is...

kewlmyc

Voted for Wonder Red instead of Bayo since he has a better chance of getting in.

I figure Wolf is a given and will be released around the time Starfox Wii U is announced.

Neoxon

Voted for Wonder Red instead of Bayo since he has a better chance of getting in.

I figure Wolf is a given and will be released around the time Starfox Wii U is announced.
Wolf is probably the August character, with Star Fox U likely coming this holiday.

Oh cool I can list my votes here in preferential order (or something like it).

1. Dixie Kong: I like this character, and I'd like more girls in the game. DK has two reps already, so I won't mind if someone's there in her place from a series with no or little representation.
2. Inkling: So yeah, I like seeing more series represented in the fighters, so for votes where that's the case, that's the reason.
3. Ice climber (I'll take them fighting alone)
4. Mallo (also as an eShop rep)
5. Wonder Red
6. Kanden: I feel like metroid deserves another rep... I'm not that familiar with the series so 2 things: 1. Maybe I'm wrong about it being deserving, and; 2. These were the only guys I could think of making sense. Hunters is the only Metroid game I've beaten, and iirc the other hunters are pretty weird and unique, so one of them could work. Take your pick. I chose wormy-dude.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Play more Greninja. There is nothing more mechanically interesting and satisfying than Hydro Pump.

Oh I love Hydro Pump. Has more utility to it than "Quick Attack but water!", essentially FLUDD with hands.

I keep thinking DK should have an up b similar to Diddy, except DK gets in a barrel and gets launched at a higher speed but with way more ending lag.

But the kong tornado is kind of iconic at this point for how ridiculous it is...

I honestly am surprised we only have three spinning variants -Spinning King, Spinning Fortress, and Hula Hoop. Or am I missing something.

How so? They're supposed to be recovery moves, so there's not a ton of room for creativity.

True, but I kinda wish there's more variation to them, for instance a lot of the "fly upwards until you recover" stuff Snake, Duck Hunt, etc. have. Like DH should have shooting reticules appear as they fly.

Asiratlan

I know he's not a "Nintendo" Character but I feel like Sora from Kingdom Hearts could be a cool adition based on his previous games on Nintendo Handheld Console (CoM on GBA, 358/Re:Coded on DS and DDD on 3DS). I believe Sakurai's team could find him a pretty interesting moveset based on Kingdom Hearts's Franchise. We saw on the Fan Made game Super Smash Flash 2 that Sora can have a pretty good moveset and seeing an official Sora in Smash could make some pretty awesome things.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Sora's like partially owned by Disney I think, so I imagine getting him would probably be quite an uphill legal battle.

1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Rayman
4. Inkling
5. Shantae

Tingle, Waluigi, and Ashley have been omitted because I'm 99% sure that they're not going to re-purpose Assist Trophies. Dixie is also in a weird position because she's already a Smash Tour item, but that seems easily removable.

MagnesD3

My 5 Dlc dream characters

1. Wolf
2. Ridley
3. Banjo Kazooie
4. Krystal
5. Saki

And the rest

6. Bayonetta
7. Snake
8. Ice Climbers
9. King K Rool
10. Lyn
11. Paper Mario
12. Impa

1. King K. Rool
2. Dixie Kong
3. Rayman
4. Inkling
5. Shantae

Tingle, Waluigi, and Ashley have been omitted because I'm 99% sure that they're not going to re-purpose Assist Trophies. Dixie is also in a weird position because she's already a Smash Tour item, but that seems easily removable.

It must warm your heart to see K Rool quickly becoming the new Ridley as far as being requested goes.

I have yet to see a community in any region where K Rool wasn't at least a top 3 pick.

Oh I love Hydro Pump. Has more utility to it than "Quick Attack but water!", essentially FLUDD with hands.

I honestly am surprised we only have three spinning variants -Spinning King, Spinning Fortress, and Hula Hoop. Or am I missing something.

True, but I kinda wish there's more variation to them, for instance a lot of the "fly upwards until you recover" stuff Snake, Duck Hunt, etc. have. Like DH should have shooting reticules appear as they fly.
Link's Spin Attack.

1. Inkling
2. Chorus Kids
3. Impa
4. Ice Climbers
5. K. Rool

It must warm your heart to see K Rool quickly becoming the new Ridley as far as being requested goes.

I have yet to see a community in any region where K Rool wasn't at least a top 3 pick.

I think Sakurai killed the Ridley dream for Smash U. He more or less just told us no and we collectively sighed and moved our efforts towards another reptile.

Zyrox

5 dream DLC characters? Hmm....I'm quite content with the roster already, but these would be awesome:
1. Wolf (One of my mains in Brawl, was gutted to see him not return, here's hoping for E3)
2. Bayonetta (She'd make an awesome fighter, ratings be damned)
3. Waluigi (I'm serious here. He's my go to dude for Mario Party's. YOU'RE LOUSY.)
4. Flynn (SMTIV) (I'd love an Atlus rep. Since Persona already has a fighting game, I thought someone from SMT proper would be better. I'd vote for the Demifiend, but he hasn't appeared on Nintendo systems. And I think Jack Frost alone would be boring, I'd want someone who can summon Jack Frost alongside other demons. That leaves me with Flynn.)
5. Snake (it has to be this way.)

Pizza

I really miss the other game's stages. This one has way too many "party" stages, but the gameplay is spot on.

I would pay like, $15 for the N64 stages and even like $25 or $30 for all of Melee's. Flat stages are an alright stopgap but there are so many fun not-crazy stages that deserve to be in.

Orbital gate assault is way more crazy and disorienting than big blue or brinstar depths. Why they brought back stages like 75m or Port Town is beyond me.

And, as much as it was disliked, New Pork City not getting chosen over many other returning stages is silly. Its perfect for 8 player smash.

EDIT:

my dream characters are

1.Wonder red
2.Starman
3.Shovel Knight
4.Wolf
5.a fan favorite that I don't hate, I'd really be overwhelmed if I just got Wonder Red

Double edit:
Why is waluigi an assist? He really should represent the party/sports games over Daisy. Daisy should just be a close combat fighty badass princess

Sponge

Banned

I feel pretty happy about the K. Rool support too. I used to be very vocal about supporting him back when Brawl was coming out.

Before the announcement of consistent character DLC, I wanted new stages more than anything else.

I still do. I was upset to not see those announced alongside Mewtwo and Lucas. I feel like those would be so much cheaper and easier to produce, especially if it was a mixture of returning and new stages.

Part of me was sure we would see new stages with returning characters. Lucas returning to a game that otherwise had most of its Mother 3 content scrubbed is sort of sad. He has no place to call home. Same with Toon Link on the Wii U.

My Top 5:

1. Wonder Red
2. Isaac
3. Inkling
4. Chorus Men
5. Paper Mario

Won't Happen Top 5:

1. Earthworm Jim
2. Takamaru (Assist Trophy/Smash 5 ;_;)
3. Sami
4. Ice Climbers
5. Mach Rider

All new comers up b's are pretty interesting, with very unique properties. I really like all of them!

Palutena, Duck Hunt, Mega Man, Little Mac.

MagnesD3

It's a form of grief, Ridley is now a stage hazard so we had to move our cold-blooded reptile dreams elsewhere.
This sadly. I'm afraid if Ridley fans don't vote for their prodigal son in this poll that he won't have a big chance of making it in smash 5. People have started to give up from the neglect. It's depressing.

woopWOOP

Let's hear your dream 5 people for DLC characters.
Alright

1. Inkling
2. Mike Jones
3. Takamaru
4. Donbe
5. Dixie Kong

2 to 4 hardly stand a chance at DLC for this game, but I get super giddy whenever they recreate 'forgotten' retro characters as SSB fighters.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ok, honest question: What would Mike Jones bring to Smash? I've never heard of him or Startropics before the road to Smash 4 and I don't know anything about this character. What are his powers/moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom