• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
CH2QW8b.gif

Wonder Red

Come on people, let's do it
Fuck, I would love it, but this is Ridleys final chance. Is now or never for him.
Would also like Bayonetta, or King K Rool. But wonder red with the different main wonder teamates as special moves would be marvelous.
Edit
Oh shit, the splatoon characters!

The character that got my thumbs up?

bwfSTHN.gif

To everyone who voted the same:

rgT4wmO.gif

Fuck, this is like real elections. Do I vote for the character I most want (Mr. Wedgewood above) knowing it has little chances, or a more popular choice that I also want (Bayonetta) so as to not waste my vote?

Edit: Two of the three posts above mine have given me the courage to do what is right. TEAM, UNITE UP!

SmithnCo

Probably will read your IP and not let you vote again. If you have other devices you could probably get more votes that way. Just be sure to not copy/paste your answers.

If you have a phone with a cellular connection you can
turn airplane mode on and off after a minute
and it will usually change the IP. I'm not gonna do it personally, but people could.

Gartooth

Voted Captain Toad and evangelized the hell out of him. Probably going to go at it again for Dixie Kong and Inkling. I kind of give up on a W101 character since they function as a team... and well as we saw with Ice Climbers...

Brofield

Bayonetta, but this system will get abused in time no doubt.

Surprised they didn't put in a captcha system, I can't imagine how fast it'll be riddled with bots.

But it would be nice if they could show a tally (no specific numbers) of the top requests.

EDIT: GUYS. VOTE IN SNAKE, AND REQUEST RULES OF NATURE FOR MUSIC ON A METAL GEAR SOLID STAGE

Zomba13

If Mewtwo took this long, how long would an original chracter take....

gimme goku

That's why you vote for Wonder Red. Already has an ingame model that they can rig and animate. Saves time and money. Already has a song in game to use in the trailer, again, saves time and money. Really, they are losing money if they don't put Wonder Red in.

SmithnCo

They're totally going to get Lanky Kong to win.

I doubt this poll will be and end-all deciding factor on who they choose to bring in.

I believe they said Sakurai will be looking it over so they'll know if there are joke characters and rigged votes, he'll definitely have the final say.

Joqu

Voted for Isaac, Inkling and Wonder Red so far since there doesn't seem to be a limit on voting. I bet that's gonna get abused though, they should probably fix that... :/

Always justified it with possible moveset ideas, I wonder if that's the way to go. Djinn, Unite Morphs and paint all seemed like they could make for some pretty fun ideas.

Stoof

Voted Inkling first and will go back and send a vote to Wonder Red. Neither will probably make it, but I can dream :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The three I want most are the Chorus Kids, Chibi-Robo and Ridley.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Oh god there's so many good options. I totally forgot about Wonder Red and Hades.

Joqu

Voted Inkling first and will go back and send a vote to Wonder Red. Neither will probably make it, but I can dream :(

If it's any consolation I could totally see Inkling make it in the next one if Splatoon ends up being a success. I fear it's too late for Wonder Red though, at least I did my part. :(

Junahu

The most important thing here is that we actually fill the "Why should this character become a fighter" box. With real words. Ideally 500 characters worth of them.

That box isn't just there as a placebo, it means people have to read it. They'll probably be publishing some of the ballots as PR, so make your vote count by putting effort into it.

JediLink

Fuck it guys, I can't decide. I just went with Simon Belmont, and I'm going to try not to think about it any more and let fate decide.

Pociask

Bayonetta, but this system will get abused in time no doubt.

Surprised they didn't put in a captcha system, I can't imagine how fast it'll be riddled with bots.

But it would be nice if they could show a tally (no specific numbers) of the top requests.

I doubt they are actually tallying. But we will see!

Voted for Simon Belmont. In your heart, you know he's right.

Devil

I voted Dixie Kong, even though she isn't even my most wanted choice personally.

C'mon guys, she is really the most obvious choice which was oddly left out of Smash 4. DK is underrepresented in Smash Bros already. Yeah, yeah, you all want to see K. Rool, but the villains have changed since DKC literally returned. He is not the best option at all.
Dixie on the other hand was even playable in 3 out of the 5 mainline 2D games and would be another female representative Nintendo has clearly been going for in the past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom