• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawneeks

Banned
Voted Wonder Red and Knuckles.

I wonder if it will only be the top character or the top characters in the poll that will become DLC.

Just used my 3G conection to also voye for Wonder Red. Added how movesetd using different teamates could work and final smash with platinum robo.
Voted for ridley before that.

Will probably vote in the next days for the inklings.

Feltrol

Banned
tyiYQvZ.png

My vote has been cast!

Illucio

Banned
My top 5

Ray MK3
Wonder Red
Squidlings
Captain Toad
Ridley

We have 2 old commers appearing so we shold be voting for 2 newcomers.

Devil

This may be a little far fetched, but could this indicate that Sakurai will indeed leave from developing Smash?They never did something like this before, did they? Especially so soon after the release of a current entry in the series. Sakurai always seemed like he wants to be in control of the roster and wouldn't allow himself to be pressured too much by outside noises (which is fair).

Maybe they already entered or will enter pre-production after the votes are in. If Sakurai is out they may want to ask for the public opinion as it seems untypical of Sakurai to do so himself.

edit:
Can't stand to see so many people actually voting for Crystal in here, ugh :p

I want Ridley in Smash more then anything but I know Sakurai hates Metroid so I went with King K. Rool.

We need more villains!

Can I say, though, how anti-hype it is for the two confirmed DLC characters to be unchanged veterans? Like Mewtwo looks exactly the same as in Melee, as does Lucas to Brawl. They're great characters and it'll be cool to see them in Smash 4, but they could have had a few new moves, especially considering the length of time they have been worked on.

Voted for the King of Kings, Wart.

Would be cool with
King Hippo or Doc Louise (or anybody from Punchout)
King K Rool.
Anybody from Captain N,
Any Super Mario Bros 2 boss, except Birdo (unless he is in his classic form)
Chibi Robo
Advance Wars COs
Any Mega Man bosses
Mach Rider
Anybody from Pro Wrestling (Star Man or The Amazon preferably)

I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of guys voting for their favourite waifus or swords men.

I'd like to go for an exciting and more quirky choice but Sakurai forced my hand by already denying me Dixie Kong in the base game for some reason.

Voted for Fawful and Mother 1's version of Giygas because I'm sure those will be the most popular choices and definitely get into the game
in my heart.

Spikain

Voted for Isaac. Was considering Wonder Red, but then I browsed through this thread and realised I'm not the only one wanting Isaac, so it might actually happen. :O

Completely torn between Ridley/Wonder Red/Inkling/Rhythm Heaven.

If I thought there was any chance of Sakurai changing his mind I would vote Ridley, buuuut...
Thats the problem i have with it. Ridley is going to be one of the top votes without a doubt, but this time it was clear that sakurai didnt want to pit him because of reasons he only knows (the scale excuse is still stupid).
Still as you can vote multiple times (using different internet ip for better effect) I voted for him. Maybe this time it gets to hos head, its not the first time he changes his mind (but I dont think much time has passed to happen with this in particular).

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Just voted for Snake. Can we vote indefintely? I will spend a ton of times on this then.

We finally have the chance to put ANYONE in the game and people are voting for characters they can play in another Smash... I find that bizarre.

j.rob

Im so torn.
Guys....IM SO TORN.

Ridley, Takamaru, Inkling, Saki, Waluigi, Wonder Red, Bayonetta, Snake, Hades...And I can only choose one. (For now).

*sigh*

Wonder Red it is.
No. Ridley.
Actually, Hades banter would be hilarious....

...Too Bad, Waluigi time.

EDIT
rgT4wmO.gif

Voted for Isaac. Was considering Wonder Red, but then I browsed through this thread and realised I'm not the only one wanting Isaac, so it might actually happen. :O
I hope nintendo takes into consideration he has multiple names across the globe, because they are goong to get ballots with dofferent names for him and I dont think a person is doing the counting.

We finally have the chance to put ANYONE in the game and people are voting for characters they can play in another Smash... I find that bizarre.

I can't play Wolf in the Smash Bros I am currently playing and will probably play going forward. If I go back to Brawl to play Wolf I lose out on better graphics and 25 characters, that's not a solution to old vets not being in the game.

Adding them as DLC is though.

I hope at least one of these Wonder Red votes entered him as Blunder Red with the reasoning of being an esteemed warrior of Dearth.

Molemitts

Sakurai notes down everyone who votes for Ridley in the Smash Bros Ballot and promptly bans their IP from playing Smash online

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
This may be a little far fetched, but could this indicate that Sakurai will indeed leave from developing Smash?They never did something like this before, did they? Especially so soon after the release of a current entry in the series. Sakurai always seemed like he wants to be in control of the roster and wouldn't allow himself to be pressured too much by outside noises (which is fair).

Maybe they already entered or will enter pre-production after the votes are in. If Sakurai is out they may want to ask for the public opinion as it seems untypical of Sakurai to do so himself.

edit:
Can't stand to see so many people actually voting for Crystal in here, ugh :p

They've done these polls before, remember the lead up to Brawl did one.

It's not like Sakurai is bound by this. In reality it's probably more for fun than seriously being a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom