• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

I'm not a fan of any Wonder(ful) _____ character that either doesn't move in a squad or has color alts of themselves to represent the main Wonders versus models of the other Wonderful Ones. Bowser Jr. gives me hope that all of them can be represented in color alts.

Regiruler

I'm not a fan of any Wonder(ful) _____ character that either doesn't move in a squad or has color alts of themselves to represent the main Wonders versus models of the other Wonderful Ones. Bowser Jr. gives me hope that all of them can be represented in color alts.
They'd need to play differently as separate characters though.

jnWake

I'd really love Bomber Man in the game ;_;

I thought of a simple (but probably broken haha) moveset the other day.

Standard B: Bomberman places a bomb in the floor. Explosion is in the form of a cross (a vertical line and a horizontal line across the bomb). Bombs can be grabbed by anyone and do not explode on contact or when hit. There can't be more than 3 bombs set at the same time. Holding B before placing a bomb makes it have a bigger "radius".

Down B: Bombs explode! I'm not sure if all should explode at the same time or if they should explode in order. Latter could be cool but hard to keep track off, unless bombs are numbered!

Side B: Bomb kick! Launches a bomb horizontally and makes it explode if it contacts another player.

Up B: Bomb launch. Places a bomb underneath him and gets launched by the explosion. Similar to one of the Mii Gunner ones. It should meteor smash too!

It could have a lot of stage control, so potentially broken, but it'd be fun! At least, I think so haha.

Crayolan

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV4poIruIi4

lolwut.

Amazing.

This sub is gold.

EyrtUH9.jpg

spanks

This is starting to feel like an organized publicity stunt, because I'm 99% sure that Microsoft is going to announce a new Banjo game at E3.

Don't worry, I'm the one that asked him the Banjo question. I just like to tweet random ideas to him once in a while, I'm glad this one stuck!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I feel like the main rule for Bomberman is that his bombs should be able to launch him, but don't rack up any damage.

And when he's launched, he's dangerous like when Ness is hit with his PK Thunder.

EulaCapra

If American Idol and The Voice have taught me anything, the person you think is safe and will make it to the top because you assume everyone will already vote for them...is sent packing in 6th place like Jennifer Hudson. I'll stop voting for Dixie Kong when she's revealed at E3.

Until then... refresh!
tbpPBoz.png

If Bomberman's moveset contains of spamming bombs, the last thing I'd want is to be launched and damaged everytime I'm near one.

I thought of a simple (but probably broken haha) moveset the other day.

Standard B: Bomberman places a bomb in the floor. Explosion is in the form of a cross (a vertical line and a horizontal line across the bomb). Bombs can be grabbed by anyone and do not explode on contact or when hit. There can't be more than 3 bombs set at the same time. Holding B before placing a bomb makes it have a bigger "radius".

Down B: Bombs explode! I'm not sure if all should explode at the same time or if they should explode in order. Latter could be cool but hard to keep track off, unless bombs are numbered!

Side B: Bomb kick! Launches a bomb horizontally and makes it explode if it contacts another player.

Up B: Bomb launch. Places a bomb underneath him and gets launched by the explosion. Similar to one of the Mii Gunner ones. It should meteor smash too!

It could have a lot of stage control, so potentially broken, but it'd be fun! At least, I think so haha.

That sounds very similar to Bomberman's moveset in Super Smash Flash 2.

Neoxon

If American Idol and The Voice have taught me anything, the person you think is safe and will make it to the top because you assume everyone will already vote for them...is sent packing in 6th place like Jennifer Hudson. I'll stop voting for Dixie Kong when she's revealed at E3.

Until then... refresh!
tbpPBoz.png
Unless she was planned from the beginning as DLC outside of the ballot (she has the Spainkiller rumor going for her, but we aren't sure of his source's legitimacy at the moment), we won't know of her until after the poll results come in. And factoring that in, the first poll character, unless someone won by a landslide during the summer, will come in December at the earliest.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't know, I think Bomberman should really have some sort of risk factor where he has good bomb moves, but has to be careful of them as well. Seems just his character.

Gartooth

I will be dumbfounded if neither Dixie nor K. Rool get to be DLC at this point. The DKC character snub in Smash 4 was already eyebrow raising after the resurgence with Retro DKC, so I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if it were to happen again.

Neiteio

I will be dumbfounded if neither Dixie nor K. Rool get to be DLC at this point. The DKC character snub in Smash 4 was already eyebrow raising after the resurgence with Retro DKC, so I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if it were to happen again.
Sometimes I wonder if Sakurai has played past the first level of any DKC game, lol

Until then... refresh!
tbpPBoz.png

If they base Dixie Kong on the Kongs' Retro movesets she would be glorious!

Sometimes I wonder if Sakurai has played past the first level of any DKC game, lol

That would explain the DKC music select having 50,000 versions of that one song. :p

On a serious note we do know for certain that Retro Studios' devs played through all three DKC games, and none of them played a second of DK64, and many were confused when that game was brought up in interviews.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Speaking of Dixie Kong,

If she's going to be playable character then I honestly want her to become trap-style character with bubble gun.

Neiteio

I see Dixie Kong as a combination of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong.

She would move with similar agility to Diddy Kong, with a ponytail twirl instead of the cartwheel, and a projectile move in the form of her bubble-gun.

But she could grab and carry enemies with her hair, similar to DK's walk-off grab. She could spin through the air like a helicopter, similar to DK's recover. She could pound the ground with her hair, similar to DK's ground pound. And so on.

Gartooth

Seriously! Its Nintendo's 5th most successful IP. XD

My opinion on most Nintendo IPs already in Smash is that they fall into one of two categories. Either they are mostly "spent" in terms of additions to the point that aside from maybe one more character, their representation in Smash is complete (Mario, Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid) or they have so many characters spread across so many games that most of the characters don't stick around and become important pieces of their respective franchises. (Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Zelda) In the case of the latter there will at least always be a new character around that could be added to Smash, but there isn't that obvious one that sticks out.

With Donkey Kong though, I think you could make a legitimate case for Dixie, K. Rool, and maybe Cranky. That isn't even going into things like Assist Trophies, stages, or music of which the series has gone largely ignored.

That would explain the DKC music select having 50,000 versions of that one song. :p

On a serious note we do know for certain that Retro Studios' devs played through all three DKC games, and none of them played a second of DK64, and many were confused when that game was brought up in interviews.

They were confused or fans were confused?

Hatchtag

Banned
The new characters in Smash 4 tend to have such creative movesets. I honestly don't think Dixie has enough versatility to live up to that standard.

K Rool on the otherhand? Yeah, I could see him having a pretty creative moveset.

Gartooth

The new characters in Smash 4 tend to have such creative movesets. I honestly don't think Dixie has enough versatility to live up to that standard.

K Rool on the otherhand? Yeah, I could see him having a pretty creative moveset.

Dixie might not sound as exciting, but I'm sure she would turn out as a fine character given consideration. DK and Diddy on paper probably didn't sound as exciting either, but both of them made great additions to the cast when they joined Smash. Diddy in particular also had the advantage of a more diverse move pool in DK64, which pretty much defined his abilities from that point onward in the series with the peanut pistols and jetpack.

Agreed though that K. Rool would make for an incredibly interesting fighter if only because his abilities radically changed with each boss appearance.

Fandangox

I feel at this point if the ballot is taken into consideration K.Rool will be added, and if not Dixie will probably have been already one of the newcomers planed for DLC.

I hope Sakurai directs the next Donkey Kong game so we can get Cranky Codecs. Then he can lecture Zero Suit Samus about how women in his day used to dress classier.

HAIR BASED MOVESET

Also ideally K. Rool in a game with actual writing would play off him having a major identity crisis and everytime you meet him he has a completely different persona, with shitty pun names to boot.

Zalman

I think Bomberman is the only third-party character that has a legitimate shot. He fits the bill on so many levels. That said, it probably won't happen until the next game (if at all.)

There's a lot of unique things they can do with Dixie, but King K. Rool is definitely more unique in more ways than one. I actually wouldn't mind seeing both. One is a female, the other is a villain. We need more of both.

RomanceDawn

I hope Sakurai directs the next Donkey Kong game so we can get Cranky Codecs. Then he can lecture Zero Suit Samus about how women in his day used to dress classier.

OMG! This needs to be a thing! Everyone needs to rally behind this!

After Ridley, Dixie and K Rool this is the main thing I want!

As for the Project M Ridley I love the size but the moves are just way too much. Now that same model has been cleaned up and been given much better animations so far. I can totally dig it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x_TlZ_zeTlo

Soul Lab

So, people have asked "how would Wonder Red work since he's all about team-based combat?", and I actually had an idea for that that changes him up a bit while still remaining true to the character...I wrote this awhile back just for fun, but hey, now that he has a chance why not share it?

Hope this is easy to understand.

As you can see, all the main Unite Morphs are represented.

10/10
Give me

Clefargle

So, people have asked "how would Wonder Red work since he's all about team-based combat?", and I actually had an idea for that that changes him up a bit while still remaining true to the character...I wrote this awhile back just for fun, but hey, now that he has a chance why not share it?

Hope this is easy to understand.

As you can see, all the main Unite Morphs are represented.

I like most of that. The problem is I cant see wonder red using these unite morphs realistically because of how large they are in TW101. I mean, many unite morphs are the size of cars or tanks. They are not on the scale Sakurai seems to be comfortable with. (Up to bowser size, but smaller than ridley)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom