• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playtonic Games retweeted this fanmade moveset for Banjo and Kazooie. Looks pretty basic, but still cool:

CCJ16kzW0AAtDaC.jpg

I'd love to see something using the split up mechanic. Like you can choose to split them apart and have them behave like Rosalina and Luma, but they lose the double jump until you reconnect them.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Since I played Tooie with Dragon Kazooie for so long that I started to forget that Kazooie is actually a breegull... I approve of that final smash. Banjo covering his eyes is just icing on the cake :)

Same. I remember as a kid wondering what this super transformation would be, and I was hoping it turned Banjo into some sort of dragon. Well, I was confused when Banjo popped out of the pink goop unchanged and then Kazooie popped out a as a dragon, so I got really excited. Having infinite fire eggs and a flame breath that frightened foes was really awesome, other than the fact that Kazooie is a frickin' dragon.

Also, imagine the Kirby hat for Banjo Kazooie. Probably using Banjo's backpack as his "hat" with a small version of Kazooie performing the standard special copied ability. I need this in my life.

MrBadger

Someone made this for the Chorus Kids.

260.gif

Most of the moves were pulled from Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Great, now I want this.

It isn't unusual in the Rhythm Heaven series to just see one on their own (heck, I even see inspiration in this move set from this mini game) so I'd say all that needs changing is the name. Maybe just go the Duck Hunt way and name the character after the game? Or just call it Chorus Kid. Having there just be one of them for most of the time is also better so the same problems that arose with Ice Climbers don't arise again.

Neoxon

Great, now I want this.

It isn't unusual in the Rhythm Heaven series to just see one on their own (heck, I even see inspiration in this move set from this mini game) so I'd say all that needs changing is the name. Maybe just go the Duck Hunt way and name the character after the game? Or just call it Chorus Kid. Having there just be one of them for most of the time is also better so the same problems that arose with Ice Climbers don't arise again.
All 3 Chorus Kids are still together, the other two are just behind the main one.

Also, that's Marshal in that video who's jumping, not one of the Chorus Kids.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather fight on Rusty Bucket with poisonous water that hurts you while you swim.

It could be a fairly large level, Corneria style. You fight on the length of the boat. It wouldn't really need any additional hazards besides the poisonous water.

I'd honestly not be expecting anything other than Spiral Mountain considering every one of the main line Banjo games started there and is the original hub world. Plus, the likelyhood of anything too crazy happening is small other than maybe the rope bridge breaking. And my ideal "hazard" is Gruntilda popping her head out of her lair in order to mock the fighters with her gibberish speech. Can anyone come up with some Gruntilda rhymes for Smash fighters?

tbh i'm not a fan of that chorus kids moveset. just feels like tossing everything from rhythm heaven they can think of into whatever moves work. i'd take a few references being cut in order to create a moveset more about capturing the "spirit" of the series. something more dependent on rhythm rather than just using objects from the series, for instance.

Same. I remember as a kid wondering what this super transformation would be, and I was hoping it turned Banjo into some sort of dragon. Well, I was confused when Banjo popped out of the pink goop unchanged and then Kazooie popped out a as a dragon, so I got really excited. Having infinite fire eggs and a flame breath that frightened foes was really awesome, other than the fact that Kazooie is a frickin' dragon.

Also, imagine the Kirby hat for Banjo Kazooie. Probably using Banjo's backpack as his "hat" with a small version of Kazooie performing the standard special copied ability. I need this in my life.

Or a "red ezlo" hat

Neoxon

If anything, it would be nice if we got rythm heaving music, especially the remix ones or lyrical ones.
They were likely in that Rhythm Heaven stage we were supposed to get with the Chorus Kids (also found in the disc data). Since there's no RH music to be found in the base game, I'm guessing the stage is coming as DLC.

I don't know if I expect entire new franchises to enter Smash via DLC. That's a heck of a lot to add to make work. A new icon. A new victory song. New trophies possibly. Music, maybe a new stage...

Versus already established series where none of that matters. While new victory music would be nice for some DLC, it would merely be a bonus. With a new series, it's required. There's a lot more to adding a new series than just dropping Dixie or K Rool or Waluigi into the game.

Fandangox

I don't know if I expect entire new franchises to enter Smash via DLC. That's a heck of a lot to add to make work. A new icon. A new victory song. New trophies possibly. Music, maybe a new stage...

Versus already established series where none of that matters. While new victory music would be nice for some DLC, it would merely be a bonus. With a new series, it's required. There's a lot more to adding a new series than just dropping Dixie or K Rool or Waluigi into the game.

Yeah, but I don't think those would be way too expensive to just add a short victory fanfare and to create an icon for the character. I assume DLC characters are still going to have Classic/All Star mode trophies though.

R0ckman

This moveset looks extremely generic and offers nothing unique outside of the novelty of being able to play as a Microsoft character. The 90s are over. Rare is not coming back. Banjo is not coming back. STAHP.

Yet, you're voting for K.Rool, when it's clear Nintendo isn't even interested in maintaining his persona Rare gave him.

I'd honestly not be expecting anything other than Spiral Mountain considering every one of the main line Banjo games started there and is the original hub world. Plus, the likelyhood of anything too crazy happening is small other than maybe the rope bridge breaking. And my ideal "hazard" is Gruntilda popping her head out of her lair in order to mock the fighters with her gibberish speech. Can anyone come up with some Gruntilda rhymes for Smash fighters?

Duck Hunt
Your feathered buddy, that you've brung, useless like a pile of dung!

Robin
Hey, book brain, what did you say? You'd better not give my spells away!

Rosalina & Luma
These two guests are rather dumb, let's make sure they're unwelcome!

MrBadger

All 3 Chorus Kids are still together, the other two are just behind the main one.

Also, that's Marshal in that video who's jumping, not one of the Chorus Kids.

Ha, shows how much I know about Rhythm Heaven

Maybe they should put Marshal in instead of a Chorus Kid then. I mean, the Chorus Kids are only being pushed as much as they are right now because of that 'leak'. It doesn't have to be them in Smash

Tesseract

Banned

nintendo's mario kart dlc is way more ambitious, i don't think it'd be way out of line

Fandangox

Ha, shows how much I know about Rhythm Heaven

Maybe they should put Marshal in instead of a Chorus Kid then. I mean, the Chorus Kids are only being pushed as much as they are right now because of that 'leak'. It doesn't have to be them in Smash

That's not Marshall, Marshall has no bowtie and has rose cheeks.

MrBadger

Duck Hunt
Your feathered buddy, that you've brung, useless like a pile of dung!

Robin
Hey, book brain, what did you say? You'd better not give my spells away!

Rosalina & Luma
These two guests are rather dumb, let's make sure they're unwelcome!

This looks like a fun idea

"You may run fast but I must sneer, your games have sucked for 20 years"

That's not Marshall, Marshall has no bowtie and has rose cheeks.

The guy in the video?

Ryce

Icons take five minutes to make, and there are already a couple of Rhythm Heaven trophies that could easily be moved to a Rhythm Heaven section. There are also a lot of references on the disc to suggest that stage DLC is coming, so I'm sure the team has given that some thought.

Zubz

Banned
Someone made this for the Chorus Kids.

Most of the moves were pulled from Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Oh my. I didn't think I could want them more! I... I think I'm beginning to fear I'll want/expect more than just Wolf, maybe the Ice Climbers, and maybe 1-2 Newcomers. Someone help me.

Icons take five minutes to make, and there are already a couple of Rhythm Heaven trophies that could easily be moved to a Rhythm Heaven section. There are also a lot of references on the disc to suggest that stage DLC is coming, so I'm sure the team has given that some thought.

I don't really expect any major new stages to be added via DLC. I think that'll probably be primarily to move stages between games (3DS-> WiiU mostly) and old stages from 64 and Melee that weren't in Brawl or Smash 4. We might get one or two new ones, but I imagine the bulk will be retro. That's also how I expect character DLC to go as well.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
This looks like a fun idea

"You may run fast but I must sneer, your games have sucked for 20 years"

Maybe I'm just not witty enough but I find it very hard to come up with Grunty burns that also rhyme.

"You think the gamers like you a lot? You couldn't even get your own slot!"

Destroying and recreating the universe
is OP pls nerf Sakurai.

This is something that has always confused me: where do people get the idea that
the universe is recreated? I played the game and talked to everybody and was under the impression the world just ends. What indication is there at all that the world is rebuilt?

Fandangox

This is something that has always confused me: where do people get the idea that
the universe is recreated? I played the game and talked to everybody and was under the impression the world just ends. What indication is there at all that the world is rebuilt?

The ending is ambiguous enough, so its just one of the interpretations.

Isn't that his up smash though ?

It is. But its just the animation of Lucas pulling the needle and using PK Love, but not of what comes after pooling a needle.

Plus some Final Smashes are Upped up versions of character's regular moves. Like Mario's, Dr. Mario's R.O.B.'s (In brawl at least)

Ryce

Final Smashes have to work in the air as well as on the ground, so pulling a needle wouldn't really make sense. It would be like trying to do an aerial Pikmin Pluck or Peach's Vegetable.

Fandangox

Final Smashes have to work in the air as well as on the ground, so pulling a needle wouldn't really make sense. It would be like trying to do an aerial Pikmin Pluck or Peach's Vegetable.

mmh good point, didn't think about that. Maybe it could spawn a small floating platform with the needle just for the Final Smash animation, but at that point I think they'd just rather leave their previous final smash rather than program a difference in one final smash for two different situations.

"
It was our Magypsy ancestors who sealed away the Dark Dragon. Magypsies have guarded the seven Needles for many generations since. But the Needles will be pulled when "the time" comes. And that time is now... The heart of the person who pulls the Needles will be passed on to the Dark Dragon. And then something big will happen... Something big enough to recreate the entire world
." -Ionia

That and the "fixed" Mother 3 logo the game ends on is what seals the deal for me.

The ending is so ambiguous you can easily argue other things.

Anyways since Lucas stole pretty much all of Kumatora's moveset, what about PK Ground? Does a lot of damage and dazes everyone not in the air?

They were likely in that Rhythm Heaven stage we were supposed to get with the Chorus Kids (also found in the disc data). Since there's no RH music to be found in the base game, I'm guessing the stage is coming as DLC.
What's this about a Rhythm Heaven stage? I don't remember hearing about that. Only that they found evidence that there was an icon for Rhythm Heaven that exists in the game data. The only stage evidence I heard of was for the Dr. Mario stage.

Ryce

What's this about a Rhythm Heaven stage? I don't remember hearing about that. Only that they found evidence that there was an icon for Rhythm Heaven that exists in the game data. The only stage evidence I heard of was for the Dr. Mario stage.
I think it's just an assumption on Neoxon's part. Icons only exist for characters and stages, so if there was going to be a Rhythm Heaven character then there was probably also going to be a Rhythm Heaven stage. R.O.B. is the only playable IP in the game without a stage.

Neoxon

I think it's just an assumption on Neoxon's part. Icons only exist for characters and stages, so if there was going to be a Rhythm Heaven character then there was probably also going to be a Rhythm Heaven stage. R.O.B. is the only playable IP in the game without a stage.
And ROB was kinda given the Wrecking Crew stage as his own. And wasn't there data for a RH stage?

Zubz

Banned
I don't really expect any major new stages to be added via DLC. I think that'll probably be primarily to move stages between games (3DS-> WiiU mostly) and old stages from 64 and Melee that weren't in Brawl or Smash 4. We might get one or two new ones, but I imagine the bulk will be retro. That's also how I expect character DLC to go as well.

Eh. There's data suggesting they started at least a Dr. Mario stage, and there's the rumor about the Rhythm Heaven one, as well (And a Swapnote one, but on top of them killing the service, the Miiverse stage is probably what the Swapnote one was planned to be. I'm assuming we won't see that). I can see them just trying to finish that one/those 2 as new stage DLC. As much as I'd love to see version-swaps for some stages, like the 3DS getting a new stage for one of the 6 franchises that just got 1 Brawl stage on there, or the Wii U getting the far-superior Pac-Man level, I feel they're just going to stick with 64-Brawl stages, though (I'm guessing Lucas'll come with New Pork City, and that Snake and the Ice Climbers would just bring back their Brawl stages if they got in, as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom