• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

I feel like I'm the only guy on Gaf who never played Banjo in my childhood. So to see people getting excited for Banjo in smash is strange to me even if the chances are very, very slim.

Someone made this for the Chorus Kids.

260.gif

Most of the moves were pulled from Rhythm Heaven Fever.

Fuck. The Chorus Kids are already at the top of my DLC wish list, and now I want them even more.

Getting just one of the Chorus Kids, Shovel Knight, or Banjo-Kazooie would make me an incredibly happy Smasher.

But man, this just reminds me how happy I am that Mega Man is already in. This whole DLC situation would be a lot less fun for me if he wasn't, because I'd be massively disappointed if he or X didn't make it in as DLC. It's really nice when your dream character is already in and you're just hoping for one of your next-best choices. It's all downhill from there.

I feel like I'm the only guy on Gaf who never played Banjo in my childhood. So to see people getting excited for Banjo in smash is strange to me even if the chances are very, very slim.

You had to be in the right place at the right time. Banjo isn't really a series gaining many NEW fans. You were either there before 2000 or you'll probably never get the appeal.

Gartooth

No, they aren't. They are multiplatform agencies that could make games for Nintendo. Capcom's top franchise, Monster Hunter, is exclusive to Nintendo systems these days. Namco is one of the very few developers that bothers to port many of their titles to the Wii U, and they are making a Pokemon fighting game for Nintendo.

Konami is in the past, so it isn't really relevant here. However, Konami has brought some things to Nintendo systems. I suspect Snake was more about Sakurai and Kojima being friends than anything else.

Nothing like this exists with Microsoft. There is no potential for a symbiotic relationship. Nintendo wants to work with and help multiplatform developers, which is why Namco got to use Nintendo outfits for TTT2. There is literally nothing for Nintendo to gain from helping Microsoft's IP. The situation is not analogous at all.

It is simply not true that multiplatform developers are in competition with Nintendo. If they were, Nintendo would just lock third party developers out from developing games for their system. That isn't how the industry works, though. I would not be surprised if the next Megaman game was a Nintendo exclusive, especially since MML3 was going to be.

Edit: Also, Sega and Nintendo have a fantastic relationship. Olympic Games is a great example, and Sega brings most of their stuff to Nintendo systems. Don't you think Sega was happy when Nintendo decided to finance Bayonetta 2, a Sega IP?

Looking through this with a black and white lens is ignoring the full picture. Nintendo 1st party software competes with not only 3rd party games on their platform, but all other video game software for consumer attention. This goes for any company in the industry. However, by allowing 3rd party software on their platforms they are bolstering their console business since not only would they get a slice of profit for each game sold on their hardware, but it also attracts customers to buy into their ecosystem. Regardless of all of this, it doesn't change that an IP like Mario is still competing with other gaming IPs like Sonic for money and attention from consumers from a software standpoint.

To put this into perspective, Street Fighter and Tekken had a crossover game that would've hopefully helped strengthen both franchises, yet at the end of the day they are still competing brands in their genre. Namco and Capcom playing nice did not suddenly stop them from being competitors. So yes, 3rd party companies can be competitors to Nintendo software. As for what Microsoft could do for Nintendo, they've already had a history of helping Nintendo with licenses for games like DK64 and Rare also developed several games for Nintendo platforms even after the buyout. In theory they are still a 3rd party developer as far as handhelds go since Microsoft has no issue with it. Whether we see another handheld game from them is uncertain but not impossible.

Sponge

Banned
Looking through this with a black and white lens is ignoring the full picture. Nintendo 1st party software competes with not only 3rd party games on their platform, but all other video game software for consumer attention. This goes for any company in the industry. However, by allowing 3rd party software on their platforms they are bolstering their console business since not only would they get a slice of profit for each game sold on their hardware, but it also attracts customers to buy into their ecosystem. Regardless of all of this, it doesn't change that an IP like Mario is still competing with other gaming IPs like Sonic for money and attention from consumers from a software standpoint.

To put this into perspective, Street Fighter and Tekken had a crossover game that would've hopefully helped strengthen both franchises, yet at the end of the day they are still competing brands in their genre.

I think what actually helps is that Microsoft doesn't mind their IP showing up on other places. There's been a few Xbox games on PC and Steam (even though Microsoft made Windows). Minecraft is on all kinds of platforms due to contracts prior to the buyout, but Story Mode is on everything and that was after the IP was bought. There's also all the characters that Rare owns like Tiptup, Timber and Taj showing up in a Nintendo published game in 2007. I'd say wanting a character from a competitor is just crazy, but I think Microsoft is different.

Village

You had to be in the right place at the right time. Banjo isn't really a series gaining many NEW fans. You were either there before 2000 or you'll probably never get the appeal.

I was there and still didn't get it . I never liked how the characters looked in the games, and it pushed me away. I thought conker looked ok . Still had the same " Googly eye plus thing equal alive " thing that pushed me away from banjo so hard.

To put this into perspective, Street Fighter and Tekken had a crossover game that would've hopefully helped strengthen both franchises, yet at the end of the day they are still competing brands in their genre. .

I don't think street fighter and tekken have been in competition for a while. Those are two different appeals.

Better example is Capcom vs SNK.

Gartooth

I don't think street fighter and tekken have been in competition for a while. Those are two different appeals.

Better example is Capcom vs SNK.

Or hell, even in other industries you can find examples. DC and Marvel doing comic crossovers years and years ago doesn't mean that they aren't major competitors. Sony is behind the Blu-Ray format and other film studios adopting Blu-Ray benefited them. Yet the films put out by those studios are still competing with Sony's own films.

HeroR

To put this into perspective, Street Fighter and Tekken had a crossover game that would've hopefully helped strengthen both franchises, yet at the end of the day they are still competing brands in their genre.

Nintendo is not competing against other third parities and the examples you gave are terrible. Nintendo and third parties are allies, at least supposed to be. Third parties being their games to a Nintendo system, helps pushed the Nintendo brand, and sell their own game in the process. That is the relationship of a third party.

Nintendo and Microsoft are directly competing to get into your living room, to buy their brand of games, and to make the most money. One doing well doesn't help the other, unlike the relationship shared with third parties, so please stop the apples and oranges comparisons.

Do I think Banjo have a chance? No, not really since most people are not going buy Smash Brothers to play Banjo, but people will buy more stuff from Microsoft since that is where you can get your Banjo fixed outside of a few titles. Even if Nintendo gets the VC rights for Banjo, Microsoft still comes out ahead since they will retain the rights to the superior HD versions with Stop-and-Swap intact. Not to mention Nintendo has the split the cost with Microsoft, with them getting the majority share for several reasons.

So, of course Microsoft would see no problem in this since they have the most to gain. Nintendo does not really get anything in return except making so internet fans happy, which they can do with just using their first party characters.

Gartooth

Nintendo is not competing against other third parities and the examples you gave are terrible. Nintendo and third parties are allies, at least supposed to be. Third parties being their games to a Nintendo system, helps pushed the Nintendo brand, and sell their own game in the process. That is the relationship of a third party.

Nintendo and Microsoft are directly competing to get into your living room, to buy their brand of games, and to make the most money. One doing well doesn't help the other, unlike the relationship shared with third parties, so please stop the apples and oranges comparisons.

Do I think Banjo have a chance? No, not really since most people are not going buy Smash Brothers to play Banjo, but people will buy more stuff from Microsoft since that is where you can get your Banjo fixed outside of a few titles. Even if Nintendo gets the VC rights for Banjo, Microsoft still comes out ahead since they will retain the rights to the superior HD versions with Stop-and-Swap intact. Not to mention Nintendo has the split the cost with Microsoft, with them getting the majority share for several reasons.

So, of course Microsoft would see no problem in this since they have the most to gain. Nintendo does not really get anything in return except making so internet fans happy, which they can do with just using their first party characters.

I don't think Banjo has a chance either for the record, but that is mainly to do with the character's popularity. What I'm arguing is that I think the assertion that video game software isn't a competitive business is a ridiculous one.

Nintendo is going to put their game's on a mobile platform. In other words you can think of them as a 3rd party developer for mobile. Are mobile companies now not competitors to Nintendo and their dedicated handheld hardware?

Sponge

Banned
Diddy Kong Racing is honestly a good example of Rare and Nintendo's relationship after the buyout.

250px-Cover_DKRDS.png

Microsoft could have easily not allowed this game to happen. More than half the cast are characters that Rare own. Yet here it is, because it's on a console that Microsoft wasn't competing with at the time. HeroR's correct in saying Microsoft has the most to gain out of the hypothetical inclusion of Banjo in Smash. It's incredibly unlikely that Banjo will get into Smash. It's just the fact that it changed from impossible, to unlikely is what's so shocking to people.

HeroR

I don't think Banjo has a chance either for the record, but that is mainly to do with the character's popularity. What I'm arguing is that I think the assertion that video game software isn't a competitive business is a ridiculous one.

Nintendo is going to put their game's on a mobile platform. In other words you can think of them as a 3rd party developer for mobile. Are mobile companies now not competitors to Nintendo and their dedicated handheld hardware?

The mobile is not a good example because the mobile is not a company, it's a device with many different people's hands in the pot. Also, the mobile primary function is not a game device, it's a phone that happened to play games. The only way the mobile would be a direct competitor against Nintendo is if they made their own phones.

Video software is not a competitive business when it comes to systems. Nintendo wouldn't care if Rayman for example sold more than Mario if it was on their system because it's pushing their system and getting them sells, thus money. So, why would they care for a marketing perspective that Rayman outsold Mario?

Nintendo is Microsoft direct competitive, even if they chose to ignore one another.

And for the record, the comic book comparison isn't good either. DC and Marvel are rivals, but their rivalry is more or less friendly because many of the writers, artists, and even the marketing people worked for both companies at one point. Which is why crossovers happen among them. The game industry with the big console markers isn't like that at all.

Diddy Kong Racing is honestly a good example of Rare and Nintendo's relationship after the buyout.

250px-Cover_DKRDS.png

Microsoft could have easily not allowed this game to happen. More than half the cast are characters that Rare own. Yet here it is, because it's on a console that Microsoft wasn't competing with at the time. HeroR's correct in saying Microsoft has the most to gain out of the hypothetical inclusion of Banjo in Smash. It's incredibly unlikely that Banjo will get into Smash. It's just the fact that it changed from impossible, to unlikely is what's so shocking to people.
And yet you failed to mention that Banjo and Conker were removed from that game because Nintendo didn't want to advertise the IP. Why would that suddenly change? Nintendo gains literally nothing by adding Banjo to Smash over a first party character.

Gonzo is right, there is really no value in Nintendo putting Banjo in Smash unless Microsoft decides to either sell the IP to Nintendo or does some kind of weird partnership where Banjo games come to 3DS only.

Pizza

I could see banjo games being released as virtual console games if Microsoft and Nintendo talked, that'd make his inclusion both rad and justifiable.

After seeing that wip render I'm all in for banjo, i've wanted to play the games since they were released, but as a kid I bought other stuff instead. I'd love to have them!

If Microsoft is willing to pay for the development, why not let Banjo into smash?

First of all, that's a big if. Second of all, being able to buy your way onto the roster sets a dangerous precedent. What if DreamWorks is willing to fund Shrek's inclusion? People are voting with their hearts, not their brains.

Gartooth

The mobile is not a good example because the mobile is not a company, it's a device with many different people's hands in the pot. Also, the mobile primary function is not a game device, it's a phone that happened to play games. The only way the mobile would be a direct competitor against Nintendo is if they made their own phones.

Video software is not a competitive business when it comes to systems. Nintendo wouldn't care if Rayman for example sold more than Mario if it was on their system because it's pushing their system and getting them sells, thus money. So, why would they care for a marketing perspective that Rayman outsold Mario?

Nintendo is Microsoft direct competitive, even if they chose to ignore one another.

And for the record, the comic book comparison isn't good either. DC and Marvel are rivals, but their rivalry is more or less friendly because many of the writers, artists, and even the marketing people worked for both companies at one point. Which is why crossovers happen among them. The game industry with the big console markers isn't like that at all.

This is ridiculous. Mobile is now a "special" case even though it has done far more damage to Nintendo's handheld business than the PSP or Vita ever did.

Nintendo shouldn't care if 3rd party games are trouncing their software as long as they are on their system? They should, they make more money sold off their own first party software than they do of third party games.

Also I guess the comic book industry isn't a competitive business?

First of all, that's a big if. Second of all, being able to buy your way onto the roster sets a dangerous precedent. What if DreamWorks is willing to fund Shrek's inclusion? People are voting with their hearts, not their brains.

Its a fan vote that likely won't matter at all in the end. Honestly I don't care what character people choose as long as they pick the character they want. (I do think developers trying to force their character on Twitter is stupid) The "my character is holier than thou" attitude with you guys telling everyone else who to vote for is obnoxious.

Village

Nintendo will just say no.

Sakurai will just say no.

Like they will will a lot of the suggestions on the ballot.

Richie

This is true. Ubisoft supposedly wanted Rayman in Smash, going so far as developing a whole new 3D model, but Sakurai relegated it to a trophy instead. It was John Harker that said Sakurai has it his way, regardless of a company's desires or potential financing.

Sponge

Banned
And yet you failed to mention that Banjo and Conker were removed from that game because Nintendo didn't want to advertise the IP. Why would that suddenly change? Nintendo gains literally nothing by adding Banjo to Smash over a first party character.

All the Rare characters in Diddy Kong Racing had no use to Microsoft at the time. Of course they were okay with letting them show up in this game. Nuts & Bolts was right around the corner and Banjo had use to Microsoft. It's obvious why Conker isn't in the remake. Bad Fur Day didn't exist when Diddy Kong Racing came out. The plan back then was that Twelve Tales would be released.

Nintendo really doesn't gain much from Banjo getting in Smash, you are right about that. Phil is what really opened the possibility up, and we all know why he's so okay with it. Getting a character in Smash is like free advertisement. Hence why so many indies are desperately trying to push their characters. The most I could see Nintendo getting out of this is Banjo on VC, but it's been said already that they'd have to split the profits with Microsoft anyway. I'm an optimistic guy but it's unlikely as hell that Nintendo would be okay with this. Not enough positives for them.

Can we not have Banjo or K.Rool in smash kthx

As long as I get some kind of new DK character I'll be pleased.

I think saying a character is too "90's" is a stupid complaint anyway since Smash is overloaded with forgotten 80's characters. Those characters are thrown in there as fan service to Nintendo fans who grew up with those games, but at this point the SNES and N64 themselves are ancient in that you now have generations of Nintendo fans who grew up with characters from that time.

So is "too 90's" the new "too anime" in video game conversations?

No, we should forget that subspace emissary happened.

Richie

I'd rather have tabuu ten million times over than banjo, conker, and k rool combined.

And smash itself deserves a rep.

If Smash is gonna get a rep, let it be Tiny Hand, a playable version of Master Hand. Neutral B has him shooting the bullets his bigger parallel has. Alternate colors include Devil's Glove, Dedede's Glove, Yoshi's Hand, Tabuu's Hand, and Power Glove. Oh, and lots of fun with taunts.

Josh5890

Bowser vs Shrek. Don't tell me you wouldn't want that.

In all seriousness those are two different situations. Banjo is a video game character who has been in Nintendo games and would fit in a Smash game. Shrek is a movie character who has only been in a few movie games.

HeroR

This is ridiculous. Mobile is now a "special" case even though it has done far more damage to Nintendo's handheld business than the PSP or Vita ever did.

Nintendo shouldn't care if 3rd party games are trouncing their software as long as they are on their system? They should, they make more money sold off their own first party software than they do of third party games.

Also I guess the comic book industry isn't a competitive business?

Its a fan vote that likely won't matter at all in the end. Honestly I don't care what character people choose as long as they pick the character they want. (I do think developers trying to force their character on Twitter is stupid) The "my character is holier than thou" attitude with you guys telling everyone else who to vote for is obnoxious.

First, mobile is a phone that happened to play games owned by many companies. It is not directly competing against Nintendo. Second, Nintendo as they are doing now, can released games on the mobile because it is an opened platform. It is nothing like the Vita which is owned and controlled soling by Sony. So my point stands.

And for the games, Nintendo does make more money off their first party titles, but they're going to make money off of Rayman too if it is on their system, so it's win-win for them. They make money off the third-party and they pushed more systems into people homes, who will buy more games owned or controlled by Nintendo. It is really that simple. So, no, third-parties are no competitive if they are on a Nintendo system. They are closer to allies going for the same goal.

Finally, yes the comic book industry is a competitive business, however, there are more companies that just DC and Marvel. You specially said that DC and Marvel are in competitive, yet they do crossovers. I said that was a terrible example because their rivalry is friendly because most of the people from both companies worked at other at one point. None of the big three had that type of relationship, mostly just tolerate each others existence with Sony and Microsoft specially disliking each other.

Sponge

Banned
"Too anime" is "too 90's" more infamous sibling. I've heard complaints before how Smash Bros. is being ruined by the influx of Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, etc. characters over time. >_>

Whenever I hear "Too Anime" all I can think about is Awkward Zombie.

edb279b7afc3bccbfcb7fee7f25f9ceb.png

Gartooth

First, mobile is a phone that happened to play games owned by many companies. It is not directly competing against Nintendo. Second, Nintendo as they are doing now, can released games on the mobile because it is an opened platform. It is nothing like the Vita which is owned and controlled soling by Sony. So my point stands.

And for the games, Nintendo does make more money off their first party titles, but they're going to make money off of Rayman too if it is on their system, so it's win-win for them. They make money off the third-party and they pushed more systems into people homes, who will buy more games owned or controlled by Nintendo. It is really that simple. So, no, third-parties are no competitive if they are on a Nintendo system. They are closer to allies going for the same goal.

Finally, yes the comic book industry is a competitive business, however, there are more companies that just DC and Marvel. You specially said that DC and Marvel are in competitive, yet they do crossovers. I said that was a terrible example because their rivalry is friendly because most of the people from both companies worked at other at one point. None of the big three had that type of relationship, mostly just tolerate each others existence with Sony and Microsoft specially disliking each other.

I guess we just won't agree on this then. I apologize for the bad attitude I had in my posts there.
Fucking 90's

MagnesD3

Anybody who hates on the video game material that came out in the 90s is a fool. Never say something is too 90s again unless your trying to compliment it. I wish entertainment was as good as the 90s in general.

HeroR

I guess we just won't agree on this then. I apologize for the bad attitude I had in my posts there.
Fucking 90's

That is fine.

Although, too 90s and too anime is just stupid arguments. Really, a Japanese company making characters base on cartoons in their homeland is too 'anime'? Seriously, what the hell does that even mean. That's like saying Sly Cooper is too much of a cartoon.

As for the too 90s, two words, update design.

With that said, not a personal fan of K. Rool and if he gets in, he is the one DLC character I won't bother to buy. He looks like Bowser from the Super Mario Super Show. Same color platte, similar design, and have a similar obsession with co-playing. Not helped that Bowser in that same show dressed as a pirate and a mad-scienctist at one point. It was like Rare was watching this show and decided they needed a this lame Bowser expy to be Donkey Kong's rival. His butt ugly design didn't help.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If you don't know, I'm a huge fan of Codename S.T.E.A.M., and I'd love to see a character get in....I really think we won't get a sequel, so it will be basically forgotten by the time Smash 5 comes out. DLC for Smash 4 is really its only hope I think, besides a tiny mention as a Trophy or something, if even that. There's a lot of characters in it to use, but the problem with them is that the playable characters are sort of specialized, and not too interesting mechanically on their own---or, at least the most likely character to get in, Henry, isn't.

TGLl34Y.jpg

Abe, Full Steam Ahead!
T.H.E.M.E. Song

I think Abraham Lincoln (just call him Abe to be less formal, and that's what I'd use on the character screen since "Abraham Lincoln" would be a bit cheesy) is the perfect choice. He's got the biggest narrative pull, and since he never fights directly, I feel you could take more liberty with him and give him abilities based on what all the other, more specialized characters displayed. I mean he made the team, he's probably know all the weapons, right? Plus throw in some elements based on the giant A.B.E., and the final secret character, and you've got a cool character. Would Sakurai be willing to use a "real person"? Who knows. But I hope he doesn't overlook Abe for that reason alone.

So, here's my general idea for Abe. He's a decent heavy character, due to his Steam Tank, and is rather slow and can't jump that high, but he's a bit like Snake in that he carries a lot of unique weapons on him.

Abe's unique property is his Steam Tank, which appears above his player icon. The tank begins with 4 Steam, and is required for him to use his Smash Attacks and Special Attacks---the Smash Attacks take 1 Steam, the Special Attacks take 2 Steam. After he uses up his Steam, he is unable to use those attacks till the Steam recharges. Steam recharges automatically, but increases faster when standing still. Likewise, Steam will fill quicker if you have Steam remaining, but if you completely run out of Steam, getting the first refill takes longer, so it pays to conserve it. The reason Abe must pay for his Smash and Specials are because they are all quite potent, thus it balances him out a bit. It also refills all the way when he dies.

Abe has equipped himself with special Steam-powered Gauntlets, modeled after those used by A.B.E., which he uses in some of his attacks, and have abilities based on those used by the other characters from S.T.E.A.M. In addition to regular punches, they're also capable of firing artillery shells, or turning into miniature drills. Abe overall is skilled in both short-range and long-range battles, although long-range is preferable but also uses up Steam.

Neutral and Tilts: All of Abe's basic moves are simple punches with the Gauntlets, decent strength but not a lot of reach. His dash attack has him briefly turn his fists into a small drill, and drive forward with it.

Aerials: Pretty much the same as above, nothing too flashy, mainly using his Gauntlets to punch and such. I think it'd be cute if his Down-Aerial had him fall downward like a missile using his hat to poke the foe.

Grabs and Throws: Grabbing opponents with his fists, and when he throws them, he activates the Gun Fist on his Gauntlets to pepper the foe with bullets before flinging them away.

Forward Smash: Punch-Shot. Based on Tom's signature move, it has a long charge-up time, and not the best range, but Abe shoots a boxing glove out from his Gauntlet which doesn't do damage or knock a foe away, but will instantly stun a foe if it hits them. Hard to hit, but useful to stop an opponent in their tracks. Costs one Unit of Steam.

Up Smash: Bear Grenade. Based on John's signature move, Abe launches a powerful grenade from his Gauntlet in the air in an arc, which then falls down. If its hits an opponent, it'll explode, or it'll explode when it touches the ground. It has great knock-back, but is somewhat slow and easy to dodge if the opponent sees it coming. But it can be great to throw as a surprise from higher ground when they aren't looking. Costs one Unit of Steam.

Down Smash: Eagle Shot. Based on Henry's signature move, Lincoln ducks down and fires three powerful shots forward from his Gauntlet, which fly a good distance. They do a decent amount of damage, but little knock-back, but are quite fast and are great for racking up damage. Usually if a foe is hit by one shot, all the shots hit them. Costs one Unit of Steam.

Neutral Special: Double Drill.
Stovepipe's Signature Ability
, and also based on an ability of A.B.E., this costs two units of Steam and has Abe's Gauntlets transform into giant drills, you hold it to charge, and then he rushes forwards along the ground. It's very powerful, and moves him forward quite fast, but has ending lag meaning an enemy can use this chance to get behind him. If it makes contact with the enemy, it will hit them multiple times and then send them away. Not a lot of knock-back, but great damage dealer.

Side Special: Fox Snipe. Based on the Fox's signature move, Abe's Gauntlets shoot forward a red beam that travels up from ground-level in a 70-degree arc. The first person caught by the light is targeted, and a quick bullet is fired at them straight. It's capable to dodge it, but is quite hard...but if a foe gets close enough to Lincoln, they can easily hit him before the bullet is even launched, as it has a bit of start up, so Lincoln wants to use this at a distance. A foe hit by the bullet takes decent damage, and will pierce right through shields. It's got great range, and can take an opponent by surprise. Costs two Units of Steam. Lincoln can't use this in the air.

Up Special: Jump Booster. A unique move in that it doesn't use a set amount of Steam, instead it automatically uses all of it. Abe is propelled through the air with his Steam Tank, the distance based on Steam. It doesn't do any damage, but is great for recovery, but you'll want to save it. If you have only 1 or less Steam, Abe doesn't really get any distance and probably won't be able to recover a serious fall. But with full Steam, it can save your life. You can also use it on the ground to quickly dodge a foe.

Down Special: Eldritch Shield. Based on Randolph's signature ability, Abe's Steam Tank deploys a special shield around him that absorbs projectiles and refills his Steam by 1 for each projectile. Slowly drains Steam as he uses it if he's not absorbing projectiles, so you can't needlessly spam it.

Final Smash: A.B.E. Like Falcon's Final Smash, first Abe summons A.B.E. in its train form, which flies across the screen horizontally where Abe is standing. Anyone hit by it are taken to a cutscene, where A.B.E. morphs into mecha mode and shoots them with bullets before turning its arms into drills and smashing them away, probably giving them a K.O.

Abe's colors are based on other members of S.T.E.A.M.

His Taunts are (1) raising an American Flag above his head, (2) taking off his hat and giving a polite bow, and (3) gives a salute as his hat opens up and launches red, white, and blue fireworks.

Abe would have a special Taunt, where Randolph Carter pops up and describes the opponent...but describes them in an over-the-top H.P. Lovecraft manner, with a lot of purple prose and dramatic flair to it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Banjo-Kazooie was a really fun game with its own feel.

Banjo-Tooie was good, but definitely felt a bit bloated. The biggest issue with it though wasn't that it ripped too much off of Mario, but actually that it decided to throw in a lot of really "bleh" FPS-elements that were probably influenced by that genre gaining popularity.

J@hranimo

Banned
Damn so we're shitting on Banjo games? Thought we have better tastes than that. Kazooie being better than Mario 64 can be debtable, but Tooie blows it out of the water in my opinion.

Also leave Tabuu in Brawl...don't need it.

Azure J

NOTHING fucks with Super Mario 64. There are games out now that could learn from Mario's handling and locomotion in this game.

That said Banjo series was very enjoyable.

Gartooth

I couldn't really think of a good STEAM character since Henry isn't as exciting as his team, and the way around that would be calling them in for specials. Lincoln would be a really good pick though. I like the idea of him using the other character's weapons, essentially being a combination of other party members. A.B.E. also would make a great FS or AT.

Maybe also provide him with an Overwatch mechanic? A STEAM stage could also be interesting by being similar to Gamer where if you're found you get attacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom