• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some German game sites report that they have not received a test key for Black Myth: Wukong on PS5

Kupfer

DeepL'd:

Black Myth: Wukong - Why we can't test the PS5 version (for now)
[...]
Despite a commitment from PR, yesterday, Tuesday, we received the rather unusual and sobering news that GamePro had not been selected for the test process despite a prior commitment and that no further keys were currently available.
[...]
The sites PC Games Hardware and Buffed also didn't recieve a key.
GamePro

Apparently Game Science is very selective in its sampling, or something has gone wrong with the procurement of keys for German-speaking countries.

For us (and you) this means that there won't be a PC Games review of Black Myth: Wukong for the time being, at least not before release, because during this period we are logically dependent on a test sample from the developer in order to be able to play the game. Should the situation change, we will of course inform you as soon as possible.
PCGames

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
real housewives nene GIF

Kupfer

That doesn't really matter - but kind of popular gaming magazines in Germany.
At least one editor was assured to receive a PS5 review key, but it was not delivered and was canceled again.
This may or may not mean that something is wrong with the PS5 version

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I thought they had already said they were only sending PC review keys?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Nothing wrong if they want to present their game in the best possible light by not sending out keys for console version.

I wish studios would stop giving review keys out. Let these scrubs experience the game day 1 with the rest of us plebs. I firmly believe that early reviewers only function as gatekeepers and narrative handlers, and the narrative is usually whatever they want to go with to get clicks and cause drama so they can ride out the clickbait for as long as possible.

tommib

I wish studios would stop giving review keys out. Let these scrubs experience the game day 1 with the rest of us plebs. I firmly believe that early reviewers only function as gatekeepers and narrative handlers, and the narrative is usually whatever they want to go with to get clicks and cause drama so they can ride out the clickbait for as long as possible.
We saw that with cyberpunk and starfield. It was cherry picking and narrative construction at levels we haven’t seen before.

Let them indeed play the game when everyone else does

Kupfer

I'm just clicking through more articles and I didn't realize that we apparently haven't seen any PS5 material yet.

Of course, it could be that GameScience wants to promote the best possible version of the game and therefore only show PC content, but GameScience has probably overlooked the fact that the West is more concerned about transparency than China.

I can imagine that the PS5 version is not running smoothly. Probably not a Cyberpunk disaster, but a rough gaming experience; that's why they're trying to hide the PS5 version behind the PC version. I mean we're talking about UE5 on consoles.

Even the benchmark, which delivers usable results even on the Deck, is quite meaningless in this respect, as nothing happens apart from conjuring up a few landscape images on the monitor.

I'm really curious, maybe there's nothing to it and the PS5 is simply a good looking and nice running game, contrary to my expectations - but right now I'm assuming the opposite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom