• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Bebpo

Banned
duk said:
i dont see the point of importing until a few games start utilizing it that i want

I'd say playing Uncharted next week with the full rumble experience is enough for most people.

I've posted a bunch a DS3 controllers to friends and people on gaf and the total is around 72 US dollars all in.

Break-down

DS3 5,800 Yen = 52.50 US dollars
Shipping 1,900 Yen = 17.20 (Shipped via EMS, includes insurance and a Tracking number and takes around 5 days).
PayPal fee = 2 US dollars

So if you're looking for anything lower than 72 US dollars I advise you to wait until the DS contoller is released in the states.

john tv

Just got back. Three white, three black.

Looks like I can basically sell them for $68* with EMS (fast shipping, includes tracking). I may be able to send it via small packet, which would drop the price down to around $60, *but* A) I'm not 100% sure it'll fit the size requirements, and B) there's no tracking or insurance, so if it gets lost, you're basically out of luck.

* - basing my EMS price on DJmizuhara's $17.20 quote above. I haven't hit the post office yet (will ship tomorrow), but assuming that's accurate, than $68 will cover it.

If you are interested, PM me -- first come, first serve, PayPal only (no credit cards, my account is the basic kind).

john tv

BTW, most of you know me anyway (plus I'm an admin here :p), but just in case you're worried, here's a pic of the goods:

6ktkowj.jpg

YYZ

Man I would like this but I only have enough money for AC and Uncharted and a few books/Blu-Ray between now and January :lol

Matt_C

john tv said:
Just got back. Three white, three black.

Looks like I can basically sell them for $68* with EMS (fast shipping, includes tracking). I may be able to send it via small packet, which would drop the price down to around $60, *but* A) I'm not 100% sure it'll fit the size requirements, and B) there's no tracking or insurance, so if it gets lost, you're basically out of luck.

* - basing my EMS price on DJmizuhara's $17.20 quote above. I haven't hit the post office yet (will ship tomorrow), but assuming that's accurate, than $68 will cover it.

If you are interested, PM me -- first come, first serve, PayPal only (no credit cards, my account is the basic kind).

Dang, if I known about it I would of asked the Black Dualshocks3 from you instead of a guy from CAG. At least I am getting one very soon though and I might want to replay Resistance again.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Darn, missed the white ones!

JohnTV, you OK with taking Paypal? I remember we had a shitload of problems with it around the PS3 launch with charges etc.

john tv

mrklaw said:
Darn, missed the white ones!

JohnTV, you OK with taking Paypal? I remember we had a shitload of problems with it around the PS3 launch with charges etc.
Heyo, I'm OK with taking Paypal -- as long as its not a credit card payment. :)

Waiting to hear back from two people who snagged the last three black ones (I had four in total); if they don't respond soon, I'm happy to give one to you. PM me if you're interested!

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Nooo. Missed the White Dualshock 3!

Umm... if you're doing this again anytime soon, can I get on the preorder list?

Hell, can I get on the white DS3 Preorder list for any JGAffer willing to do this? :p

DJmizuhara said:
I've got the Japanese version of motorstorm and rumble isn't available, maybe if I download a pack it might enable it. But I ain't sending money on making the rumble feature work...

Just enter a MotorStorm online lobby and it'll download the 3.0 patch or whichever one you have to download. When you get 3.0 you'll be able to turn rumble on in three intensities. The patch is independent and has nothing to do with the downloadable content on the stores.

marwan

Banned
Philanthropist said:
Just enter a MotorStorm online lobby and it'll download the 3.0 patch or whichever one you have to download. When you get 3.0 you'll be able to turn rumble on in three intensities. The patch is independent and has nothing to do with the downloadable content on the stores.

awesome! i always felt Motor Storm is a game that needed rumble the most.

I can sort U guys out with DS3's but I get charged for transactions by paypal so my price is a little higher...71 US dollars. Pm me if interested.

Philanthropist said:

Cheers for that, NOW the RUMBLES working and it's totally awesome...this is the way it's meant to be played! I think I'll be playing Motorstorm all night now! Cheers

Glad I could help :D

By the way, have any of you noticed whether the motion sensing is more refined than before? If you have the chance, please check some games that use motion sensing extensively (flOw, Lair, Blast Factor, WarHawk, etc.) to see if the controls are more precise or something.

Philanthropist said:
Glad I could help :D

By the way, have any of you noticed whether the motion sensing is more refined than before? If you have the chance, please check some games that use motion sensing extensively (flOw, Lair, Blast Factor, WarHawk, etc.) to see if the controls are more precise or something.

I played Warhawk for a while earlier on today and to be honest it feels pretty much the same...I couldn't really tell.

Ratchet & Clank includes rumble feature in the game disc, no patch required. Most if not all games released from now until the end of the year will support rumble, many released ones will or have been patched already and surely all games starting next year will support rumble as an standard feature.

Xater

Philanthropist said:
Ratchet & Clank includes rumble feature in the game disc, no patch required. Most if not all games released from now until the end of the year will support rumble, many existing ones will or have been patched already and surely all games starting next year will support rumble as an standard feature.

Thanks. I knew about GT5 Prologue and Uncharted but wasn't sure about Ratchet. Seems like I will be waiting for my new pad before I start playing.

john tv

One person who requested a DS3 has not gotten back to me yet; if I don't hear from him by the morning, I'll have one more black DS3 tomorrow and will PM whoever is next in line. Other than that, I'm all out. Thanks, guys!

Marconelly said:
What did you do to cancel it? I thought they wouldn't cancel?

I clicked on the pull down that said contact them and then I selected the topic of Edit Order or something like that, might ahve been Add/Change Order. I then left a message requesting that they cancel it because I wasn't pleased that they were not able to fullfill their preorders, they were still taking orders even though they couldn't handle the preorders. I thought end of December was an unreasonable wait and that I had ordered it for business purposes which I needed in a timely manner.

They responded with:

Dear Marty,

Thank you very much for your support to YesAsia.com.

With reference to your request dated Nov 12, 2007, we would like to inform you that under normal situation, any game item cannot be cancelled after the respective order has been placed successfully. However, to ensure a timely delivery is our responsibility and thus, we have specially arranged to cancel your order 000000 as one-time special arrangement. This special arrangement does not guarantee a same arrangement if any similar case occurs in future. We sincerely hope that you will understand the relevant situation.

Hopefully this helps you get out of it. I think anyone who preordered a month ago before they posted their no cancel policy should be ok to get out of it.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
jetjevons said:
Well dammit when DO YesAsia think they are gonna ship the backlog. I pre-ordered mine last month.

I think someone said a couple weeks earlier. Makes no fucking sense considering they are all over Japan. YesAsia earning themselves loads of repeat customers with the way they're handling this. I'm not ready to call them toysnjoys II yet but

keyrat

Well, I couldn't resist and bought 2 on eBay today to finally have 4 controllers. I found a pretty good deal: $63.50 for each plus $15 total shipping.

dfyb

Banned
yesasia is holding my money hostage as well. it's pretty ridiculous. they shouldn't take orders for stock they don't have if they aren't going to let people cancel.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dfyb said:
yesasia is holding my money hostage as well. it's pretty ridiculous. they shouldn't take orders for stock they don't have if they aren't going to let people cancel.

They haven't shipped for anyone afaik, and I pre-ordered weeks ago too. Of course I went on e-bay on Friday and the guys shipped it out the next day. Ah well, just another retailer to toss into the toysnjoys, buyrite, etc. bin. At least they respond to e-mails and have canceled a few orders, but their policy is ridiculous and they've completely dropped the ball on what should be a simple moneymaker for them (collect and ship DS3s that are abundant in Japan).

Oni Jazar

Play-asia shipped my order! Now it's just slow ass Air blubble ship which can take 5 weeks. Damn I should've gotten faster shipping.

Bebpo

Banned
So uh, what is going to happen when you play a motion game and the controller starts shaking? Will your guy on screen start bouncing up and down with the vibration?

Jammy

Banned
Bebpo said:
So uh, what is going to happen when you play a motion game and the controller starts shaking? Will your guy on screen start bouncing up and down with the vibration?

Have you ever played Wii before?

Top Bottom