• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

DJmizuhara said:
It feels so much better than the regular six axis controller, feeling much more sturdy and much more weighty. This controller doesn't feel like it's gonna break in your hands.

Playing GT5 with the DS3 brings the whole game alive...this is a much missed feature and I'm glad its back.

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00007.jpg
Wow. Beautiful.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DJmizuhara said:
It feels so much better than the regular six axis controller, feeling much more sturdy and much more weighty.
Damn, I have to say I was hoping they would be able to make it feel realitvely light despite rumble being there, but I guess that doesn't make much sense. There has to be some weight in there for rumble to be reasonably strong.

Come on Yeasia, don't let me down...

B-Ri

anyone gotten a tracking or reference number from japanvideogames? Does UPS ship sundays, id like mine today vs waiting the holiday D=

No_Style

Superblatt said:
i just hope the DS3 fixes the lost connections I get with the sixaxis. has anyone been able to confirm this yet?

Yes!

People, please post if DS3 fixes connection issues experienced with SIXAXIS. Please let it fix it!

White DS3 looks very pretty, BTW.

manzo

DJmizuhara said:
Yeah Uncharted feels awesome. You don't feel anything whilst running, but when you jump from a height you feel a small dull thud, which is really nice. When Nathan is traversing you can feel a small rumble feeling, again it feels good.
When your getting hit with bullets you feel a nice strong rumble, and when the grenades go off around you, you get a nice quick and strong rumble. When going up against an enemy with your fists you feel each and every punch thrown and taken. When your character is almost dead you get a pulsating rumble mimicking Nathans heartbeat. Overall it feels really good and it doesn't feel like a last minute tack on.

Oooh, nice. How are the L2 and R2 buttons? Still extremely sensitive and mushy?

Bebpo

Banned
B-Ri said:
no ones gotten anything yet?

They don't give out tracking numbers. At least that's what my e-mail said. But when I talked to the owner and ordered mine yesterday morning he said he would ship it that day and I should get it on tuesday/wednesday.

Here's mine =)

dualshock3.jpg

Played a little of GT5 before I slept last night. Feedback is nice, but it isn't as strong as the dualshock2. It also seems more wobbly when it vibrates versus the usual quick pulsing vibration as before. Overall, it's nice to have the feature back, especially when playing GT5. As for the controller itself, it feels sturdy and has a good weight to it. I'll try s'more games when I get back home tonight from work and let y'all know how it is.

BTW, I haven't had any connection issues with it yet.

B-Ri

Bebpo said:
They don't give out tracking numbers. At least that's what my e-mail said. But when I talked to the owner and ordered mine yesterday morning he said he would ship it that day and I should get it on tuesday/wednesday.

where do you live? according to their map im in their 1 day area and it was shipped yesterday.

Bebpo

Banned
painey said:
every PS3 comes with at least 1 controller already, so he will have (at least) 4.

Ah true.

I just got one because I figure my friends can play the shitty non-rumble versions while I rock the rumble. I'm not paying extra for their enjoyment!

Decado

Ken Masters said:
spring 08
That's idiotic. Now I'm not so sure I want a PS3 this winter. I don't want to have to buy a system + an extra controller...then replace the controllers in 4 months.

B-Ri

Decado said:
That's idiotic. Now I'm not so sure I want a PS3 this winter. I don't want to have to buy a system + an extra controller...then replace the controllers in 4 months.
then dont buy the extra controller and import it?

keyrat

So can we expect some kind of price drop in importing anytime soon? Considering what NCSX said about having to buy PS3s just to get DS3 inventory, it seems unlikely; still with current exchange rates you'd think it'd be a little more affordable.

Narcosis

DSC00005.jpg

While I would generally agree with anyone who says ratchet and Clank is the best game on pS3 and a must buy, I don't think I could tolerate the japanese version because those eyebrows bug me for some reason...

Anyways, the white controllers look better than I thought, I may import one for aesthetics instead of waiting for the US DS3 controllers.

keyrat

Narcosis said:
While I would generally agree with anyone who says ratchet and Clank is the best game on pS3 and a must buy, I don't think I could tolerate the japanese version because those eyebrows bug me for some reason...

I thought you only got the eyes if your system settings were set to Japanese; I was under the impression it happened in the US version also.

Narcosis

keyrat said:
I thought you only got the eyes if your system settings were set to Japanese; I was under the impression it happened in the US version also.

I'm gonna have to try this out then under my fake japan username and see.....

[EDIT]Looks the same to me, and everything in my Japan account is set to japanese, even the system settings

Goldrusher

keyrat said:

Japanese system only.

Accounts don't influence anything. But if your system is Japanese, you get a Ratchet with green pants, big black Scorcese eyebrows and a little bit more techno/electronic music with the Groovitron.

Bebpo

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Japanese system only.

Accounts don't influence anything. But if your system is Japanese, you get a Ratchet with green pants, big black Scorcese eyebrows and a little bit more techno/electronic music with the Groovitron.

What color are his pants normally?

Goldrusher said:
Japanese system only.

y

Bebpo

Banned
Heh, after putting so much time into the Japanese Ratchet I think the US one looks freaky and weird in that comparison :p

J-Rzez

I ordered a ceramic white one since my friend was ordering one. I felt obligated to pick one up. Eh, I only have one controller right now anyways so I guess I need another. Was going to get another Six Axis, but I can't pass up on the ceramic white :D

J-Rzez said:
I ordered a ceramic white one since my friend was ordering one. I felt obligated to pick one up. Eh, I only have one controller right now anyways so I guess I need another. Was going to get another Six Axis, but I can't pass up on the ceramic white :D

where'd you order from? linky :)

B-Ri

Marty Chinn said:
Shouldn't they ship their preorders first before taking more orders? =P

QFT, mine is still "processing"

thankfully apparently japan video game already shipped me mine. i wish i got it today :/

Top Bottom