• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
10/13 order is READY TO SHIP. Still doesn't mean squat to me until I get a tracking number or something.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Linkzg said:
you make it seem like this is a rumble pack or something, this is a another fully function controller.

this is going to be my second PS3 controller means now I can play against friends and such (I held off buying a second controller so I can wait and get one with rumble).

at most, people are spending ~$30 extra to get the controller in advance by a few months and in some cases an exclusive color (white).

Beyond PES, now that I have four controller I am absolutely dying to play some four-player Calling All Cars.

careksims

Linkzg said:
you make it seem like this is a rumble pack or something, this is a another fully function controller.

this is going to be my second PS3 controller means now I can play against friends and such (I held off buying a second controller so I can wait and get one with rumble).

at most, people are spending ~$30 extra to get the controller in advance by a few months and in some cases an exclusive color (white).

Yeah I gave in and spent extra because you know, they may never bring the white one over. At least now I have a 2nd controller too :D

anddo0

kenta said:
My order on YesAsia just changed to "Ready to be shipped"

Might I get my controller by Thanksgiving? :O

probably not

when did you order?

I pre-ordered on Oct 11th and it still says processing :|

B-Ri

has anyone noticed a quality reduction on PS2 upconversion? i was testing out ps2 games with my Dualshock 3, and the picture just doesnt seem as nice as i felt it used to.

tanod

when is my burrito
B-Ri said:
has anyone noticed a quality reduction on PS2 upconversion? i was testing out ps2 games with my Dualshock 3, and the picture just doesnt seem as nice as i felt it used to.

Some people have said that there was something done to the scaling with 2.0 so it's over scanning now.

aparisi2274

hey qq for everyone..

I just got my DS3 and I want to assign it as controller #1, but my old sixaxis is controller #1. Does anyone know the steps I need to take in order to reassign the DS3 as controller #1??

Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind... I got it... Man it feels so good to have an actual weighted controller in my hand again and not that craptastic sixaxis

YesAsia order from Oct. 14th being shipped out on the 22nd of Nov. according to them in an e-mail sent to me. Hopefully that helps anyone who ordered from them around the same time. I'm really busy next week so I hope it arrives just as i'm entering downtime and can play through Uncharted with some rumble.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
purnoman3000 said:
YesAsia order from Oct. 14th being shipped out on the 22nd of Nov. according to them in an e-mail sent to me. Hopefully that helps anyone who ordered from them around the same time. I'm really busy next week so I hope it arrives just as i'm entering downtime and can play through Uncharted with some rumble.
Yeah got the same email.

Stealth

purnoman3000 said:

This is also true for orders as late as 10/25 (when I placed mine). I assume they found stock to be more than able to meet demand for the controllers and are telling everyone who preordered the same thing -- which is nice, because that means I'll have my DS3 one week after Uncharted comes out. I think SMG can hold me off that long. Maybe.

Jim

Yesasia order shipped. Yes!

Considering it would be $55 here after tax anyway, $10 more to have it early AND in a color that won't be available here is worth it IMO.

aparisi2274

I tell ya, you dont realize how much you miss the rumble and weight of the dualshock until you get to hold the DS3 in your hand. I did that last night. I held the sixaxis in one hand the DS3 in the other and I couldnt believe how cheap and flimsy the Sixaxis felt.

f@luS

More than a member.
Imho , i prefer the weight of the sixaxis, its so good. All game without rumble , ill stick with it. Though the DS 3 feels great but 6a6>love

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
aparisi2274 said:
I tell ya, you dont realize how much you miss the rumble and weight of the dualshock until you get to hold the DS3 in your hand. I did that last night. I held the sixaxis in one hand the DS3 in the other and I couldnt believe how cheap and flimsy the Sixaxis felt.

I'll say it again too, the triggers make a big difference for those of us who play trigger-button-intensive games. It's subtle, but it's actually possible to feel you've properly tapped/released R2 now whereas before it was just Mush City most of the way. For most games, it doesn't make too much of a difference but for a select few it does (and obviously when rumble is standard, Sixaxis will be obsolete).

The bad thing about having two white DS3s and two black Sixaxis controllers is that it's harder to fool your friends into taking the Sixaxis controllers by telling them they're all the same. FIGHT!

Mine shipped today from YesAsia, ordered 11th Oct.

And $70 is almost exactly what a Six-Axis costs on the high street in the UK anyway, so this is working out very well. :D

f@luS

More than a member.
Im glad im living in EU for this at least. DS3 cost me 45€ , which is the same price as the 6a6!

Just picked up my DualShock 3 controller from a comics place in Singapore. Only store in the city I saw that had it (1 each of white and black controllers were there.) Price was a bit much, but thankfully the canadian dollar conversion is such that it was the same price as a regular Sixaxis controller a month or two ago.

Kinda silly to buy I guess, but thats part of travelling. :D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
f@luS said:
Imho , i prefer the weight of the sixaxis, its so good. All game without rumble , ill stick with it. Though the DS 3 feels great but 6a6>love
That's the plan for me as well. Although there will be very few rumble-less games now, I plan to use the sixaxis for all games that don't have some notably good ruble support, as well as for general navigation around the XMB, watching movies and stuff like that.

Although I usually keep my hands in my lap when I play, or on a coffee table, so change in weight might not be an issue. I'll see I guess. Is DS3 any heavier than DS2?

1 question guys i ordered cod4 for ps3 and wanted to know if the dualshock 3 is compatible with this game ? if no does infinity ward plan to to add this feature soon ?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
JaCk BuRtOn said:
1 question guys i ordered cod4 for ps3 and wanted to know if the dualshock 3 is compatible with this game ? if no does infinity ward plan to to add this feature soon ?
Nope, it might get patched, but the only quote on that from IW guys was that they didn't have time to include it, and that their next game will definitely support it at least.

Evlar

Banned
I just picked mine up (thanks john tv!) I have it charging right now. It feels like, well, a DualShock. I was only able to test it for a few minutes on Assassin's Creed- definitely a weightier rumble than the Wiimote uses but I didn't have enough opportunity to see how strong it gets. I'll test it on MGS3 later.

I'll pick up Uncharted tonight. Perfect timing!
Is DS3 any heavier than DS2?
It feels very slightly heavier. The weight is also distributed differently (you can tell by spinning the controller around in your hand). DS3 has a little more weight in the middle due to the battery, DS2's weight was concentrated at the tips of the handles where the force feedback rotors are located. The difference is so small you're unlikely to notice when playing, and the controller is well balanced, not awkward at all.

mutsu

BlindMonkey said:
Mine shipped today from YesAsia, ordered 11th Oct.

And $70 is almost exactly what a Six-Axis costs on the high street in the UK anyway, so this is working out very well. :D

Only that it's now $80 :p

Torgo

There's no rumble in Warhawk or CoD4 yet. I believe the new patch for Warhawk is adding it, but no word from Infinity Ward on adding it to CoD4 yet.

I will say this, it is worth importing at least 1 DS3. I love it, and I applaud Sony for adding support for the rumble feature in the US already. But it's not just the rumble feature that makes it so great, there seem to be some improvements on the rest of the pieces such as teh buttons and the analog sticks. The added weight is also very nice.

My DS3 has become my primary controller, even for games that don't support rumble.

Jim

mutsu said:
Only that it's now $80 :p

Shiet! I only payed $65 (free shipping/no tax obviously) from there thankfully :)

Oh, so how's the battery life so far? One thing I LOVE about the Sixaxis is the several days of play I get between charges.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
To the people that already have it, how long is the charge for the DS3? Comparable to the regular Sixaxis?

Dante

Anybody get their YesAsia shipment yet? Wish I got overnight, but I had no clue Uncharted would be shipping early :(

For all the Southern Cal Gaffers, there is a nice little import shop I frequent in Los Angeles on Venice Blvd. called GameDaily. Google it and you should get the info. Anyway they are selling the DS3 for 72.99, and they had around 10-15 when I picked mine up today. They also sell all new releases 3-5 bucks lower than retail. Uncharted was 56 bucks today

kiun

Shawnwhann said:
For all the Southern Cal Gaffers, there is a nice little import shop I frequent in Los Angeles on Venice Blvd. called GameDaily. Google it and you should get the info. Anyway they are selling the DS3 for 72.99, and they had around 10-15 when I picked mine up today. They also sell all new releases 3-5 bucks lower than retail. Uncharted was 56 bucks today

Tried googling but no luck.. do you have the address of this store ?

datamage

I got mine yesterday from JapanVideoGames. Their shipping was fast, I received it about 2 days after buying it on eBay.

So far, I've only tried Uncharted and Ratchet and it gets the job done. I think since it's something new, that's actually old, I was expecting a bit more. Personally, I like the added weight.

I got mine maybe 10-20 minutes ago and im charging it, it seems to be more than halfway charged.

just from the weight it is fantastic, the L2/R2 feel more solid and both analog sticks feel better too.

Does anyone know when YesAsia charges? When they ship or when the order is completed because they are shipping it to me on the 22nd apparently with no charge to my credit card yet.

I dont know if Shane was making it up that rumble feels better or not, but playing GT5p just now was amazing with rumble.

It could just be the amazing coding, but it felt like it went from zero to full rumble without having a slight build up, it just feels really really good.

El-Suave

Mine arrived today from the US. From Japan to the US and then to Germany. Awesome device - Uncharted rocks even more with it. Since I prepaid it mid October it only cost me Euro 51 incl. shipping. Not too bad considering it has already traveled half the globe.
Too bad Call of Duty 4 doesn't rumble.

Erebus

My shipment status from yesasia is now set to "Ready to be shipped - Your ordered items will be shipped soon."

How soon is soon?:D

B-Ri

JoJo13 said:
ATM, what games are confirmed to be working with the DS3?

P.S. My DS3 arrived today. :D

uncharted
resistance with patch
motorstorm with patch
ratchet
GT5P

warhawk is getting patched in december

apparently folklore, Super Stardust, and heavenly sword are getting the rumble patches as well

Captain N

JoJo13 said:
ATM, what games are confirmed to be working with the DS3?

P.S. My DS3 arrived today. :D

The Darkness
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- Soldier of Fortune
- Resident Evil 5
- Devil May Cry 4
- N-Cube
- Warbit
- Dark Sector
- Turok
- Highlander
- Kane & Lynch
- Burnout Paradise
- FIFA franchise
- Legendary: The Box
- To End All Wars
- Rage
- WarDevil
- Dynasty Warriors 6
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
- Blacksite: Area 51
- TNA Wrestling
- Unreal Tournament 3
- Wheelman
- Cops (working title)
- Planet One (working title)
- Heroes over Europe
- Condemned 2
- Iron man
- The Club
- The Crucible
- The Incredible Hulk
- Blast Factor*
- Echochrome
- Elefunk
- Folklore*
- Formula One Championship Edition
- Go! Sports Ski*
- Heavenly Sword*
- High Velocity Bowling
- MLB 08: The Show
- MotorStorm*
- NBA 08*
- Pain
- Rat Race
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- Resistance: Fall of Man*
- Snakeball
- SOCOM: Confrontation
- Super Stardust HD*
- Toy home
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- WarHawk*
- WiepEout HD
- GripShift
- NBA 2K8
- Destroy All Humans 3
- Stuntman Ignition
- Assassin's Creed
- Beowulf
- Haze
- Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2*
- Rainbow Six Vegas*
- Prototype
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

All titles marked with a star will require a patch for the vibration functions to be added to the game.

Top Bottom