• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Captain N

g35twinturbo said:
My first DS3 was a bust, I didnt feel anything but now in uncharted I feel rumble when I shoot. I didnt feel it when i jumped or ran up walls.

I restarted my system and the rumble works in the game now. you might be sad to know the rumble isn't there when you do a counter attack/kill. no rumble when you hit them or jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

mutsu

PirateSean said:
from yesasia. DS3 (black)

Order Date: Oct 27,2007
Shipped On: Nov 19,2007

Looks like YesAsia has finally gotten their act together to ship out these preorders... They have surely taken their time.

Wollan

Okay so they have catched up to orders on the 27th now. Good, good. I'm still waiting with my 31st order (2x White).

NekoFever

mrklaw said:
where is your local importer? We used to have one near work in Farnborough, but they shut down. A good local importer with a real shop is something to cherish (providing they don't completely rape you on prices)
Bournemouth. I used to love the place because they had a good group of regulars but it's gone to shit recently and I think they're shutting down after Christmas after 15 years in business. They just can't compete with the supermarkets when they're having to pay to suppliers what Tesco can afford to sell it to the customer for.

inner-G

Banned
PirateSean said:
from yesasia. DS3 (black)

Order Date: Oct 27,2007
Shipped On: Nov 19,2007

Yeah, my White DS3 ordered on the 24th shipped as well.

Can't wait, i'm trying not to play Uncharted until i get it, but...it's tough!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
NekoFever said:
Bournemouth. I used to love the place because they had a good group of regulars but it's gone to shit recently and I think they're shutting down after Christmas after 15 years in business. They just can't compete with the supermarkets when they're having to pay to suppliers what Tesco can afford to sell it to the customer for.

thats a shame, they're just down the road.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I got my Yes-Asia order yesterday, so it was about five business days from ship date.

Getting my third DS3 at the end of the week to round out the set.

Wollan

From yesasia. 2x DS3 (White)

Order Date: Oct 31,2007
Shipped On: Nov 21,2007

Also, they are in stock now seemingly and shipping in 1-2 days.

nofi

Wollan said:
From yesasia. 2x DS3 (White)

Order Date: Oct 31,2007
Shipped On: Nov 21,2007

Also, they are in stock now seemingly and shipping in 1-2 days.

Mine is at the CHUBU INTERNATIONAL branch of some shipping company. =)

Con said:
Got mine today. Love it so far, it feels a lot heavier than Sixaxis and the rumble is stronger than I thought.

I recorded a small demonstration of it while playing Motorstorm. Bad video quality but I hope atleast someone will find it interesting. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tndO0wicMAM

I'm still looking for feedback from anyone that help confirm whether the DS3 has fixed the bluetooth dropout issues that many of us still have. If it does, I might just go and order one now.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mckmas8808 said:
Got mines from Japanvideogames.com

Ordered: Nov 16
Shipped: Nov 20

YAY!!!

JVG are awesome. I will definitely look to them next time the usual suspects (e.g., playasia, ncsx, etc.) are sold out. Yes-Asia not quite so much. It's not that I think they were malicious or deceptive, they just seemed quite disorganized in handling the whole process--like they were overwhelmed and didn't have the right policies in place (e.g., allowing people to cancel pre-orders easily) to accomodate customers, not to mention the shipping delays of course.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Got my White DS3 now.

Big shout out to DJ Miz! Thanks heaps man!

A little underwhelmed... but then again I've only been playing Resistance so far. I thought this thing was supposed to have rumble!

Oh well. At least I'll be set for MGS4. It's also somewhat more comfortable. Nice weight. Texture is better as well; nice matte finish. It's also a sexier controller... and it came at a good price; 5 dollars more than buying a sixaxis here in australia... and that included shipping.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
AstroLad said:
JVG are awesome. I will definitely look to them next time the usual suspects (e.g., playasia, ncsx, etc.) are sold out. Yes-Asia not quite so much. It's not that I think they were malicious or deceptive, they just seemed quite disorganized in handling the whole process--like they were overwhelmed and didn't have the right policies in place (e.g., allowing people to cancel pre-orders easily) to accomodate customers, not to mention the shipping delays of course.

Yeah and talking to the guy helps too. He made me feel comfortable because I NEVER EVER do things like this. Usually I wait, but Sony are acting like A-holes so I went ahead and brought it.

B-Ri

Crayon Shinchan said:
Got my White DS3 now.

Big shout out to DJ Miz! Thanks heaps man!

A little underwhelmed... but then again I've only been playing Resistance so far. I thought this thing was supposed to have rumble!

Oh well. At least I'll be set for MGS4. It's also somewhat more comfortable. Nice weight. Texture is better as well; nice matte finish. It's also a sexier controller... and it came at a good price; 5 dollars more than buying a sixaxis here in australia... and that included shipping.

log on to resistance online and download the patch.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Crayon Shinchan said:
Play some Motorstorm on high rumble setting or try shooting Ryno 4Ever non-stop in R&C - very satisfying :)

Driving larger vehicles in Motorstorstorm with tilt+rumble = <3
That game is so damn awesome and underapprectiated.

BeeDog

I see a couple of members that have already gotten their controllers from Yesasia. I placed my order 17th this month, so when should I expect it to ship (I live in Sweden)?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
B-Ri said:
log on to resistance online and download the patch.

Nice. Thanks :)

Marconelly said:
Play some Motorstorm on high rumble setting or try shooting Ryno 4Ever non-stop in R&C - very satisfying :)

Ah... Dual Shock 3... giving semi-old games are new lease of life :)

nofi

Crayon Shinchan said:
Nice. Thanks :)

Ah... Dual Shock 3... giving semi-old games are new lease of life :)

That happens with Motorstorm every time there's a patch, for me. I get right into it again, then realise it's too hard and forget about it for another 2 months. Can't wait to try it with rumble though.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
goddamn,i just made and verified paypal account, now i need to wait 2-4 days for the money to get on it and the white ds3 is in stock, i bet when the money is on it itll be out of stock for 1 month or something -_-

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Marconelly said:

Agreed. Rumble has definitely improved it for me, I can't say I am a fan of playing with motion control though. The only other game my DS3 has rumbled in yet is GoW2 which I finally finished, once my R&C arrives that will hopefully make the most of it.

BeeDog

Tiduz said:
goddamn,i just made and verified paypal account, now i need to wait 2-4 days for the money to get on it and the white ds3 is in stock, i bet when the money is on it itll be out of stock for 1 month or something -_-

If you ordered from Yesasia, I bet there are enough older pre-orders that will empty the stock any way. ;/

Con

Banned
BeeDog said:
I see a couple of members that have already gotten their controllers from Yesasia. I placed my order 17th this month, so when should I expect it to ship (I live in Sweden)?

Jag är också svensk. ;)
Jag lade min order den 11:e från Yesasia och den skickades igår, så jag tror din borde skickas ganska snart.

I just told him that my controller from Yesasia shipped yesterday, and that his controller is probably about to ship in a couple of days.

I bought the controller I got now from Ebay BTW, if someone was wondering...
The controller from Yesasia will probably arrive next week.

BeeDog

Tack för svaret, uppskattar det/Thanks for the answer, appreciate it! :D

Can't wait to have a vibrating di... controller again. I must've missed the GT5:p demo impressions, where are zey?

Synless

Gold Member
Just got my email from play-asia yesterday saying it shipped........I can't fucking wait White DS3 FTMFW!!!!!!!!!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
BeeDog said:
If you ordered from Yesasia, I bet there are enough older pre-orders that will empty the stock any way. ;/

i see, well that kind of sucks but i can live with it, ill order it when i get the money, if it comes out in january ill still have it months before it comes out in euroland :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Bojanglez said:
I can't say I am a fan of playing with motion control though.
The key is to use it with larger vehicles only (it sucks for bikes!) and to hold it kinda like it's a real wheel, with your index fingers pushing L2/R2, and boosting by pressing X with your palm right there at the base of the thumb. Sounds weird? Maybe it is, but to me it feels really great playing it that way, and (again, with larger vehicles) I can win that way without problems.

kenta

Has no PEINS
My YesAsia order finally hit the local USPS station (it was shipped on the 16th and the USPS shows it as being "processed" today).

I'll either get it today or Friday, I think

npm0925

kenta said:
My YesAsia order finally hit the local USPS station (it was shipped on the 16th and the USPS shows it as being "processed" today).

I'll either get it today or Friday, I think
Mine was also shipped on the 16th, but the USPS tracking page gives me a "no record of this item." Did you get the same result until it showed up as "processed" today?

Got mine white one, rumble is nice the rest of the pad is very much the same as it was. Sticks still suck but at least i have rumble now.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
AstroLad said:
I got my Yes-Asia order yesterday, so it was about five business days from ship date.

Getting my third DS3 at the end of the week to round out the set.
Darn us poors!
new_bomb.gif
Check out picture source for extra lulz.

BPK

Can anyone with an imported rumble controller enlighten us on how battery life stacks up to the Sixaxis?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Got mine (thanks DJ!)

Just tried a couple of games

Resistance - Awesome
GT5 Prologue demo - Good
Uncharted - Very good
flOw - Nice
Motorstorm - Good

Overall: happy customer.

TTP said:
Got mine (thanks DJ!)

Just tried a couple of games

Resistance - Awesome
GT5 Prologue demo - Good
Uncharted - Very good
flOw - Nice
Motorstorm - Good

Overall: happy customer.

Bluetooth dropouts? Yes? No? Anyone??

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Superblatt said:
Bluetooth dropouts? Yes? No? Anyone??

Not yet but I played for 5 minutes each game, so I dunno.
Will give it a longer spin later and report here.

Top Bottom