• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Dante

jetjevons said:
I just got my white ceramic. Booted up Resistance. I'm not sure if rumble is even working.I think I felt a minor buzzing once but I may be wrong. I checked the controller options and it says vibration is on. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to charge the controller to max first? It was the second level so I only had access to like a couple weapons.

Man my DualShock 3 better not be broken. :-(

Try it on GTP that game rumbles like mad.

keyrat

jetjevons said:
I just got my white ceramic. Booted up Resistance. I'm not sure if rumble is even working.I think I felt a minor buzzing once but I may be wrong. I checked the controller options and it says vibration is on. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to charge the controller to max first? It was the second level so I only had access to like a couple weapons.

No, you probably are experiencing the same thing as me: after reading on the internet how essential and amazing rumble is to gaming, you expected it to be something important that really stood out, when it reality it just buzzes sometimes while you're playing.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
jetjevons said:

Nevermind. I tried Uncharted and it worked. It's just very subtle. :-(

JB1981

jetjevons said:
Nevermind. I tried Uncharted and it worked. It's just very subtle. :-(
try some different weapons. the carbine has low vibrations but the bullseye and shotgun feel great. if you don't get a lot of feedback with the reapers, then i don't know what to tell you. your shit must be broken.

motorstorm and flow make great use of rumble too.

eshwaaz

YYZ said:
I have never had a dropout with the SIXAXIS, I've played Resistance, SSHD, ton of Uncharted, and a ton of RR7 around launch. Did I just get lucky? I have a 20GB model and SIXAXIS from launch.

I've always had issues with dropouts; I had 5 dropouts with Ratchet and Clank in the first 45 minutes. I've not tried my Dual Shock 3 without the cable yet out of sheer paranoia, but I'm going to give it a shot tonight.

tanod

when is my burrito
jetjevons said:

Did you download the latest patch?

GottiDC said:
DOES IT WORK WIT COD4 SOME ONE ANSWERE ME!!!!1
On GAF, we post in sentences and in English. This post barely qualifies as either.

DeadGzuz

Banned
eshwaaz said:
I've always had issues with dropouts; I had 5 dropouts with Ratchet and Clank in the first 45 minutes. I've not tried my Dual Shock 3 without the cable yet out of sheer paranoia, but I'm going to give it a shot tonight.

I finished R&C and many other games without one dropout. I think I've had two total early in the first few months. It can't be hardware, maybe it's interference?

Fady K

Im picking one up real soon. So say, for Uncharted, it'll automatically recognize the DS3? Or is there something I must do first?

Evlar

Banned
Fady K said:
Im picking one up real soon. So say, for Uncharted, it'll automatically recognize the DS3? Or is there something I must do first?
Works out of the box. A system-wide option is added under 'Controller Options' in the PS button menu for turning force feedback on or off on all compatible controllers: This should be turned on automatically. That's it.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
just payed, expected arrival date is 11 December, AFW.

YYZ said:
I have never had a dropout with the SIXAXIS, I've played Resistance, SSHD, ton of Uncharted, and a ton of RR7 around launch. Did I just get lucky? I have a 20GB model and SIXAXIS from launch.

no, i have a 60 gb launch model (EU) and NEVER had a dropout.

Fady K

The Sphinx said:
Works out of the box. A system-wide option is added under 'Controller Options' in the PS button menu for turning force feedback on or off on all compatible controllers: This should be turned on automatically. That's it.

Thanks man

B-Ri

the whole drop-out thing being fixed with the DS3 i feel is having a placebo effect. Its interference and battery charge IMO. Check your cordless phones and wifi and everything else, hell maybe even a firmware or game bug

i used to get some drop outs in resistance, then no longer and i hadnt even gotten my DS3 yet.

i got none in HS

I got one once in Stardust, i was at a friends house with my PS3

none in warhawk.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hurray! Got mine today from Yes-Asia. First thought - why can't we get packaging like this here? Second thought - sexy.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
I'm about to order this from play asia right now. One question before doing so: are there any repercussions to importing a Japanese DS3 as a North American PS3 owner with an NTSC PS3?

grendelrt

I am having an issue with my controller. It worked fine all last night, until I went to bed, it got stuck sending a left signal. So the character or cursor keeps moving left no matter what I do. I was able to get it to reset after about 10 tries tonight and it played fine for about 2 hours, then it happened again. I have tried switching it to controller 2 and various other things. I am guessing if this is a hardware problem I am SOL since it is imported. Has anyone else had any issues like this? Any quick fixes?

PS - 2 hours of puzzle fighter now that I have 2 controllers :D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
dirtmonkey37 said:
I'm about to order this from play asia right now. One question before doing so: are there any repercussions to importing a Japanese DS3 as a North American PS3 owner with an NTSC PS3?

Both of my DS3s work absolutely fine on my NA PS3.

grendelrt said:
I am having an issue with my controller. It worked fine all last night, until I went to bed, it got stuck sending a left signal. So the character or cursor keeps moving left no matter what I do. I was able to get it to reset after about 10 tries tonight and it played fine for about 2 hours, then it happened again. I have tried switching it to controller 2 and various other things. I am guessing if this is a hardware problem I am SOL since it is imported. Has anyone else had any issues like this? Any quick fixes?

PS - 2 hours of puzzle fighter now that I have 2 controllers :D

Similar problem but with right-stick UP. I can cancel it temporarily by holding up and clicking the stick, but it tends to come back whenever the stick is spun. Not sure what to do yet...

Are the PS3s in Japan bundled with the Dual Shock 3? I'm thinking of buying a PS3, but only if it comes with the new rumble controller.

grendelrt

Crazymoogle said:
Similar problem but with right-stick UP. I can cancel it temporarily by holding up and clicking the stick, but it tends to come back whenever the stick is spun. Not sure what to do yet...

Thank god I am not the only one with the problem then. Maybe it is software related. I dont think it has anything to do with using the analog stick, we were playing Puzzle Fighter and I was using the D Pad when it happened last. Ill try clicking the stick to stop it.

grendelrt said:
Thank god I am not the only one with the problem then. Maybe it is software related. I dont think it has anything to do with using the analog stick, we were playing Puzzle Fighter and I was using the D Pad when it happened last. Ill try clicking the stick to stop it.

I had it happening quite a bit last night, but then put in 4 hours of Uncharted without it kicking in. I'm hopeful that breaking in the stick (constant spinning/clicking/whatever) is helping, but I'm still considering buying another one...

Thrakier

Got mine today. The left analog-stick is grinding a bit when I move it down. all other directions are fine. don't know if this is normal. maybe it has to wear out a bit first?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Got mine, absolutely love it (played Ratchet and Uncharted demo). What are the games that currently support this puppy (through patch or native)?

nofi

neorej said:
Got mine, absolutely love it (played Ratchet and Uncharted demo). What are the games that currently support this puppy (through patch or native)?

Motorstorm, Resistance, Warhawk (if you're lucky), obviously R&C, GT 5 Prologue (and demo). Fl0w.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I've had mine 2 weeks now and could NEVER go back to the Sixaxis.
Motorstorm is definately the best game so far with rumble support, Uncharted ain't bad either.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
neorej said:

GT5Prologue, Motorstorm, Resistance, im almost saying heavenly sword but i am not sure.

edit: Damnit beaten, and with a better list as well :lol (didnt know warhawk had rumble, now i cant wait for mine to arrive >_>)

nofi

Tiduz said:
GT5Prologue, Motorstorm, Resistance, im almost saying heavenly sword but i am not sure.

edit: Damnit beaten, and with a better list as well :lol (didnt know warhawk had rumble, now i cant wait for mine to arrive >_>)

Warhawk doesn't yet. Heavenly Sword will do with a patch. There's a big list somewhere.

herod

MWS Natural said:
LIST OF PLAYSTATION 3 TITLES COMPATIBLE WITH DUALSHOCK 3 IN JAPAN
As of September 20th, 2007

Vampire Rain -Altered Species-
BIOHAZARD(R) 5
Devil May Cry(R) 4
Dark Sector
Burnout Paradise
FIFA franchise (title name TBD)
BUMPY TROT2
Dynasty Warriors 6
Fatal Inertia
GI JOCKEY 4 2007
METAL GEAR ONLINE
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
IMABIKISOU
Blast Factor (*1)
echochrome
Folklore (*1)
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION (*1)
Go! Sports Ski (*1)
Heavenly Sword (*1)
MotorStorm (*1)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Men (*1)
Super Stardust HD (*1)
TOY HOME
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk (*1)

LIST OF PLAYSTATION 3 TITLES COMPATIBLE WITH DUALSHOCK 3 IN NORTH AMERICA AND EUROPE *2
As of September 20th, 2007

The Darkness
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Soldier of Fortune
BIOHAZARD(R) 5
Devil May Cry(R) 4
N-Cube
Warbit
Dark Sector
Turok
Highlander
**** & *****: Dead Men
Burnout Paradise
FIFA franchise (title name TBD)
Legendary: The Box
To End All Wars
RAGE
WarDevil - Unleash the Beast Within
Dynasty Warriors 6
Fatal Inertia
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
Blacksite: Area 51
TNA Wrestling
Unreal Tournament 3
Wheelman
Cops (codename, title name TBD)
Planet One (codename, title name TBD)
Heroes over Europe
Condemned 2
Iron Man
The Club
The Crucible
The Incredible Hulk
Blast Factor (*1)
echochrome
Elefunk
Folklore (*1)
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION (*1)
Go! Sports Ski (*1)
Heavenly Sword (*1)
High Velocity Bowling
MLB 08: The Show
MotorStorm (*1)
NBA 08 (*1)
PAIN
Rat Race
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man (*1)
Snakeball
SOCOM: Confrontation
Super Stardust HD (*1)
TOY HOME
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Warhawk (*1)
WipEout HD
GripShift(R)
NBA 2K8
Destroy All Humans 3
Stuntman Ignition
Assassin's Creed
BEOWULF
HAZE
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (*1)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas (*1)
Prototype
The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

(*1) Users will be able to enjoy the rumble feature through software update.
(*2) Actual titles to be released may vary among countries and regions.

http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2007/9/19-38

Second page.

GottiDC

Banned
DCFC0090.jpg

YES YOU GOTTAH LOVE IT.
i hope unreal supports rumble.
i see that nba 2k8 is on that list, but when i play it i dont feel any rumble, what happened

Tiduz

Eurogaime
GottiDC said:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k276/gottips3/DCFC0090.jpg[IMG]

YES YOU GOTTAH LOVE IT.
i hope unreal supports rumble.
i see that nba 2k8 is on that list, but when i play it i dont feel any rumble, what happened[/QUOTE]

NBA 08 (*1)
[b](*1) Users will be able to enjoy the rumble feature through software update.[/b]

no date for those updates, seem random. Hope folklore gets the update before christmas as wel as super stardust :)

Thrakier

Thrakier said:
Got mine today. The left analog-stick is grinding a bit when I move it down. all other directions are fine. don't know if this is normal. maybe it has to wear out a bit first?

Do you understand what I mean with grinding? I'm no native english speaker so I don't know if I'm using the right word.

Jim

Tiduz said:
NBA 08 (*1)
(*1) Users will be able to enjoy the rumble feature through software update.

no date for those updates, seem random. Hope folklore gets the update before christmas as wel as super stardust :)

2K8 is also listed, with no * or footnote, which would mean it "should" have supported it out of the box.

Ironballs

Thrakier said:
Do you understand what I mean with grinding? I'm no native english speaker so I don't know if I'm using the right word.

Grinding would imply that there's some sort of unnecessary friction when moving the analog stick. Is this what you are experiencing?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Jim said:
2K8 is also listed, with no * or footnote, which would mean it "should" have supported it out of the box.

wow thats weird, then i hope it works for him, did you check the options in controls
GottiDC?

Jim

Also, does Toy Home or Assassin's Creed support it?
I know GripShift on the list is wrong (meaning it didn't release with rumble.)

Jim said:
Also, does Toy Home or Assassin's Creed support it?
I know GripShift on the list is wrong (meaning it didn't release with rumble.)

They are both on the list, but I can't confirm until Santa comes.

BeeDog

Did any Swede here get their gamepad from Yesasia yet? They shipped it a bit over a week ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. :( Starting to get worried here.

Top Bottom