• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Erebus

BeeDog said:
Did any Swede here get their gamepad from Yesasia yet? They shipped it a bit over a week ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. :( Starting to get worried here.

I'm from Greece and the same applies for me too. Still haven't received mine :(

BeeDog

Wollan said:
13 days now since it shipped. Norway. Still waiting.

Actually double-checked now and it's also exactly 13 days since it shipped for me too. Glad I'm not the only one in the same boat, maybe it's simply a slow delivery... But can't remember such a slow shipment from Japan before (ordered some CD's from CDJapan a long time ago).

mutsu

Pretty sure it is the Christmas mails that are delaying everything at the moment. I got something sent about 2 weeks ago from YesAsia (not the Dual Shock 3) but it still hasn't arrived yet. They usually arrive within 3-5 business days for me.

Just have to be patient I guess...

GodfatherX said:
thinking about getting this as an xmas gift to myself

ive never imported before, whats the best deal going right now?

Not sure about the "best deal", but YesAsia do have the White and Black in stock. They offer free shipping and also if you search around Google they do have some $5.00 coupons for first time customers. They also have a promotion now for $5.00 coupon for your next purchase if you buy stuff over US$50.00. Alternative solution is Play-Asia but shipping is not free.

kaleii

BeeDog said:
Did any Swede here get their gamepad from Yesasia yet? They shipped it a bit over a week ago, but it hasn't arrived yet. :( Starting to get worried here.

Yes, mine arrived last week, and so did loads of others in Sweden. Mine took 6 working days (i.e. 8 days total).

neorej said:
I haven't noticed any rumble though.
It only rumbles when you take damage.

BeeDog

Yeah, got my controller today! I connected it with the USB cable to the PS3, and it works (just worked around the menus so far though, I want it to be fully charged first).

Someone said a menu option opens up with the controller where it lets you enable rumble. Where can I find this?

nofi

BeeDog said:
Yeah, got my controller today! I connected it with the USB cable to the PS3, and it works (just worked around the menus so far though, I want it to be fully charged first).

Someone said a menu option opens up with the controller where it lets you enable rumble. Where can I find this?

Press the PS button in a game.

ChryZ

I gave in and ordered one from hk via ebay today. They billed me in us$, total incl shipping is ~$60. Should be ~€40, with customs pretty much at par with the current sixaxis. So why wait?

Thrakier

Thrakier said:
Got mine today. The left analog-stick is grinding a bit when I move it down. all other directions are fine. don't know if this is normal. maybe it has to wear out a bit first?

Does anyone else has the same or a similar problem?

BeeDog

Thrakier said:
Does anyone else has the same or a similar problem?

Nope, not me. Both analogs don't make any sounds.

Anyways, is it just me, or does this new controller have a better way of regulating the rumble power? At least it seems so compared to the DS2 (if my memory servers me right).

4ndii

I've been playing Everyday Shooter every night this week, and so far I have not experienced a single Bluetooth dropout with my DS3. I even went back and tested my two Sixaxes--thinking that if a dropout occurred once again I would trade it in--but so far I have not experienced a dropout on the Sixaxes either. I was even able to get a new high score in Everyday shooter in the process!

Perhaps the DS3 and/or the latest firmware update exorcised the Bluetooth voodoo?

DeadGzuz

Banned
I got my black DS3 last night from Play-asia (took about a week?).

Resistance, Motorstorm and Uncharted all felt nice. The weight is good too. I wonder why the NA delay though, strange.

Just ordered a ceramic white one, eagerly awaiting it now but most likely will have to wait an age and a half with the time of year :S Ah well, good things and all that.

raheel87

my right analog stick is a tad looser then my sixaxis which makes aiming a bitch now it doesn't register movement unless you are pushing the stick almost halfway to its maximum.
Im sad :(

Just speaking on a PS3 controller, in general

What game benefits from having L2 and R2 being the way they are...Im playing NBA 2k8, and R2 is turbo...and its like im running in quicksand, the button just feels so weird

I dunno, just wanted to voice that displeasure

careful

Thrakier said:
Do you understand what I mean with grinding? I'm no native english speaker so I don't know if I'm using the right word.
I also get a squeaking sound / grinding feeling on my right analog stick (in all directions). Doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but it's a bit annoying. :(

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
careful said:
I also get a squeaking sound / grinding feeling on my right analog stick (in all directions). Doesn't seem to affect gameplay, but it's a bit annoying. :(

My DS3's triangle button and circle button aren't quite as crisp as my standard SIXAXIS, but they work fine. Those are my only complaints.

I'll have some pictures of me + DS3 Adventures soon...

careful said:

mine also had a grinding like feeling on the left analog stick, but only when tilting it forward.

It went away after playing Uncharted.

theultimo

Got mine from Play-Asia (bad camera, sorry.) Rumble is working with quite a few PS3 games, and Rez.

and NO DROPOUTS, finally

12-09-07_0054.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just ordered one off of Yesasia.com

Saw they had 'em in stock so I couldn't resist, they are pretty reliable right?

Oh and does anyone know if UT3 supports rumble?

gray_fox224

NameGenerated said:
Just ordered one off of Yesasia.com

Saw they had 'em in stock so I couldn't resist, they are pretty reliable right?

Oh and does anyone know if UT3 supports rumble?

Yeah, I ordered from Yesasia numerous times.

ukiraros

Can anyone tell me the difference in weight between the Sixaxis and the DS3? Is it as heavy as the 360 controller or half as light?

Chorazin

ukiraros said:
Can anyone tell me the difference in weight between the Sixaxis and the DS3? Is it as heavy as the 360 controller or half as light?

When I weighed the DS3 it was right in the middle between the Wiimote/SIXAXIS and the 360 wireless controller.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
My DS3 got shipped on december 3th to the netherlands, do you guys think ill get it before x-mas? if so that would be afw.

AFW, © by Kittonwy

crunker99

got mine on friday

white ceramic ds3

its mad nice and pretty damn heavy
both tilt and rumble work fine

youd be better to try www.ncsx.com

guy who runs it i know and he is a good guy

Still contemplating whether to import or wait for local release.

With the complaints on weak rumble will sony update the american/euro controllers.

Or is the weak rumble due to the way its programmed. Read on the Offical Playstation Australian forums that the rumble for PS2 games are stronger than PS3 titles.

ukiraros

Chorazin said:
When I weighed the DS3 it was right in the middle between the Wiimote/SIXAXIS and the 360 wireless controller.

Thanks for the information. It's seem to be a perfect balance of weight for me, Sixaxis too light and the 360 too heavy.

Wollan

Got it (Norway). Took exactly three weeks from shipping.

Played GT5 demo & Uncharted, good stuff. The X360 controller has more of a cellphone brrrrr vibration to it while the DS3 has more of a hymn to it, womwomwom.

Valcrist

Wollan said:
Got it (Norway). Took exactly three weeks from shipping.

Played GT5 demo & Uncharted, good stuff. The X360 controller has more of a cellphone brrrrr vibration to it while the DS3 has more of a hymn to it, womwomwom.

nomnomnom its eating your hand

Thrakier said:
Got mine today. The left analog-stick is grinding a bit when I move it down. all other directions are fine. don't know if this is normal. maybe it has to wear out a bit first?

I just got mine today and it does the same exact thing. Did yours wear in yet?

so, people who had dropouts before with the sixaxis, still dropout free with the dualshock3?

i think i'm about ready to trash my sixaxis controllers (or trade 'em into gamestop for $20)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
The Faceless Master said:
so, people who had dropouts before with the sixaxis, still dropout free with the dualshock3?

i think i'm about ready to trash my sixaxis controllers (or trade 'em into gamestop for $20)

Yes. Still dropout free.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
kaleii said:
It only rumbles when you take damage.
well that sucks. I'd expect it to rumble when landing from a jump etc etc. Doesn't matter. I filed AC under "collect dust untill I get my HDTV and I need to show off."

raheel87 said:
my right analog stick is a tad looser then my sixaxis which makes aiming a bitch now it doesn't register movement unless you are pushing the stick almost halfway to its maximum.
Im sad :(

I've had this trouble as well. I thought I was just imagining it until i compared with my old sixaxis. Both sticks just aren't as smooth or accurate on the DS3.

EGM92

I'm looking to pick one of these up. Any suggestions on a good place? or a forum member maybe? I went on ebay and really don't like the 70$CAD BIN + 20$ shipping.

spoon!

careful said:
My right analog stick will sporadically stop registering "up" now :/. I've had it for a couple of days and the problem just appeared. I'll probably open it up and take a look. I fear a switch is sticking....or whatever makes these things work D:

grendelrt

Has anyone having problems opened up their controller yet? Mine is to the point now that as soon as i start a game up, it just keeps registering that the analog stick being pushed to the right........I dont want to open it up since I dont know what I would be looking for.

Top Bottom