• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

spoon!

Okay, at the moment I'm almost sure my DS3 is schizophrenic . Sometimes my right analog stick wont register UP at all, other times it wont register the Y axis at all, and finally sometimes it works flawlessly. It seems to change whenever I boot up a new game. What the heck is going on?

grendelrt

spoon! said:
Okay, at the moment I'm almost sure my DS3 is schizophrenic . Sometimes my right analog stick wont register UP at all, other times it wont register the Y axis at all, and finally sometimes it works flawlessly. It seems to change whenever I boot up a new game. What the heck is going on?

I have teh same problem, almost always depending on hte game I boot. I can be in SSHD and it is fine, boot up UT3 and it wont work period, just keeps registering the left analog going right.

Kyoufu

So are there signal drop-outs with the DS3? I'm tired of the drop-outs with the 6A.

Going to buy a white DS3 anyway but if it fixed that issue I would be really happy.

grendelrt said:
I have teh same problem, almost always depending on hte game I boot. I can be in SSHD and it is fine, boot up UT3 and it wont work period, just keeps registering the left analog going right.

Yeah, my up-stuck issue sounds pretty similar. I guess quality control is not so hot. Dropout issues are definitely not an issue with DS3 though. sigh

painey

i got mine (england) and its great. Feels much sturdier, more expensive, the button presses feel better, especially start and select. I love that its white too, it really looks good.

Erebus

I'm in a far worse situation. More than a month has passed since yesasia supposedly shipped my DS3 and I still haven't received it.

Any chances to get it before New Year? :lol

Got 2 black DS3s from Play-Asia yesterday (Ordered them on Monday, Shipped out Tuesday). I only tried it out with the Burnout demo, but it was such an awesome experience. Hopefully I'll test it out with Uncharted tonight, as well as some PS1 & PS2 games, but overall, they feel much better than the original Sixaxis.

dose

DarkUSS said:
I'm in a far worse situation. More than a month has passed since yesasia supposedly shipped my DS3 and I still haven't received it.

Any chances to get it before New Year? :lol

Same here :(

Dibbz

If your order hasn't arrived after a month or so email them and ask about it. I ordered some CD's and games from Yesasia before, and after a month they still hadn't arrived. Sent an email and they sent me another shipment out. :)

Although it might just be because of Christmas break. Email just incase though. Find out whats up.

dose

DarkUSS said:
This sucks, where are you from mate?
Cheshire, England. You? My parcel was apparently sent out on the 21st November.
I've contacted them about it and they're sending out a new set for me (I ordered two).
Except they're sending it to work, where I won't be for a while...:(

theultimo

Kyoufu said:
So are there signal drop-outs with the DS3? I'm tired of the drop-outs with the 6A.

Going to buy a white DS3 anyway but if it fixed that issue I would be really happy.
Yes, actually. Haven't had any dropouts while my SIXAXIS would have quite a few.

Smidget

Was going to take the plunge with some XMAS money after Christmas, but it looks like with at least 3 or 4 people saying problems, I'm going to wait until it officially is out in the US so I can exchange it at will.

It's weird.

Heavier than the Dual Shake, obviously; but it almost feels too heavy in my hand. Probably because I've gotten used to the Dual Shake's motorless body.

It's also weird because, I know PS2 had rumble-pants, but I always used an extension cable so rumble was nullified for most of the seven years of the PS2's reign, anyhow - it's weird because it shakes and shit. :p

I'm not used to that.

It makes for an interesting Warhawk experience. I'll have to test the battery life of it with a binge Warhawk session. The Dual Shake lasted around 10 hours if not longer during one of my binge Warhawk sessions, at which point I had to tether myself to my TV whilst it recharged. I'm wondering how much the epilepsy mechanism of the controller impacts battery life.

LowParry

I believe I have one sitting under the tree. Hopefully there is one. :D But kinda unhappy to see people having issues with the controller. Bad luck? Any offical news? Etc etc etc?

Erebus

dose said:
Cheshire, England. You? My parcel was apparently sent out on the 21st November.
I've contacted them about it and they're sending out a new set for me (I ordered two).
Except they're sending it to work, where I won't be for a while...:(

I'm from Greece. I also contacted them and agreed to send me a new one too. Hope this one will arrive at last.

avaya

DenogginizerOS said:
Has anyone purchased a Black DS3 and had problems with the right analog stick?

I had the left stick get stuck to the left. Only happened once, hope it doesn't develop into a bigger issue.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can anyone sell me or point me to the cheapest deal for a DS3? I finally came upon some free monies from XMAS. If anyone from JPN can personally pick one up and sell it to me that would be great.

Also, which color is more preferred, black or white?

LowParry

Well alright. I got my DS3 today for Christmas (Sweeeeet) and I've really really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting at all for PS2 games to rumble when I played them. I was just playing Okami today and was like "Holy shit!". Perhaps I just missed rumble in the PS2 games. Can't wait to replay God of War 2, Shadow of the Colossus and tons others. And it feels like a controller again. Not some paperweight in my hand. Can't wait for DMC4!!

Edit: Oh, and it's the black color to match my system. Haven't had any of these problems people have said prior. Although I've only used it for about 3 hours so here's hoping.

Loudninja

CcrooK said:
Well alright. I got my DS3 today for Christmas (Sweeeeet) and I've really really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting at all for PS2 games to rumble when I played them. I was just playing Okami today and was like "Holy shit!". Perhaps I just missed rumble in the PS2 games. Can't wait to replay God of War 2, Shadow of the Colossus and tons others. And it feels like a controller again. Not some paperweight in my hand. Can't wait for DMC4!!

Edit: Oh, and it's the black color to match my system. Haven't had any of these problems people have said prior. Although I've only used it for about 3 hours so here's hoping.

Same here, got mien for Christmas , Uncharted was very very well with it, so does Scarface

melman101

Ahh damn I could have went to chinatown. Ordered from play-asia tonight. I'm pretty excited for it. Black I ordered. $54 bucks (used $5 dollar coupon) + UPS shipping. Not bad.

TheKurgan

Not to derail the thread but does anyone know when the DS3 will be available in NA? Can we expect it in the spring or is PlayAsia the only way to get one before fall?

aparisi2274

Hey QQ... Does anyone know if R&C is supporting the DS3 yet? Or has SOny yet to Patch it?

I am playing right now using my DS3 and I am getting no rumble... just curious if I need to get an update or something?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
aparisi2274 said:
Hey QQ... Does anyone know if R&C is supporting the DS3 yet? Or has SOny yet to Patch it?

I am playing right now using my DS3 and I am getting no rumble... just curious if I need to get an update or something?

press the PS button on the controller. go to controller settings and enable rumble :)

FINALLY arrived today, ordered it December 5th. Looks pretty good, I haven't tried it out yet, but it definitely feels more rigid than the lighter Sixaxis.

Does the Burnout Paradise demo support rumble?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
DantesWrath said:
FINALLY arrived today, ordered it December 5th. Looks pretty good, I haven't tried it out yet, but it definitely feels more rigid than the lighter Sixaxis.

Does the Burnout Paradise demo support rumble?

yes :)

Manp

got mine today from a local shop. seems to work great even if the rumble is not that strong.

sixaxis controls seem to work fine except that they don't work at all in the Super Rub a Dub demo. is there something i'm doing wrong? or does the game require a patch (probably not available for the demo) to work with the dualshock 3?

i'd like to properly test the sixaxis controls of my new DS3 (since my first sixaxis was broken and i noticed that playing SRaD).

:)

Kittonwy

Banned
Drove by pacific mall to pick one up, tried it with Uncharted today, afwowsomesauce rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

damn, i have some extra x-mas monies, I think its time to upgrade. I don't mind if it takes a bit, but at least everyone is getting the ones they order right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
BobTheFork said:
damn, i have some extra x-mas monies, I think its time to upgrade. I don't mind if it takes a bit, but at least everyone is getting the ones they order right?
Hold out lon eough and I wll give you my code as soon a my packag arrives. PM me (if you want to) so I can remember.

Kittonwy

Banned
BobTheFork said:

I didn't have to order rawr.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom