• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Slavik81

Fady K said:
I imported a black one recently and I was wondering - how can you guys put rumble in Assassin's Creed and Uncharted?
I'm playing with the 1.1 patch for Assassin's Creed and there's rumble. I don't know if its in the unpatched game, though.
Try pressing the PS button and going to 'controller settings'. See if its turned to the setting you want.

Wollan

Played Resistance yesterday and I was surprised to see that they had actually been able to implement rumble into events for the singleplayer, not just the combat itself. For example,
when the Angel surprisingly shows up and roars

Fady K

Slavik81 said:
I'm playing with the 1.1 patch for Assassin's Creed and there's rumble. I don't know if its in the unpatched game, though.
Try pressing the PS button and going to 'controller settings'. See if its turned to the setting you want.

Damn, I have the 1.1 patch too but Im not sure it worked. Ill have to try later on, thanks for the info anyway man.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
My parents brought me back a blakc and a hawt white one from Hong Kong last week.

Resistance was the ONLY game that needed an update.

Uncharted (NTSC), Ratchet (NTSC) and Heavenly Sword (PAL) were set from the get go. Singstar and EyeCreate obviously don't count :lol

They are so much better than Sixaxis. I still HATE the analog stick placement on Sony's controllers, but the Dualshock is much better than Sixaxis.

NeoUltima said:
I was looking to buy this but, no bluetooth= no buy. I don't want to have this thing
ZeroPS31.jpg
sticking out of my ps3 all the time.

For those with a DS3, are the joysticks tighter than on the sixaxis? The joysticks on my sixaxis are messed up due to the looseness. The sticks on my sixaxis don't seem to snap back into the center position like they should, instead they(particularly the right stick)lean to certain sides. In CoD4 for example, if I just let the sticks sit there, my reticle and character move slowly on their own.
so are there any 3rd parties that actually use sony's bluetooth for controllers?

they all seem to be going with usb dongles

Link

The Autumn Wind
Damn, I was so close to impulsively buying one from yesasia with a coupon but then reneged when I noticed it wasn't expected to arrive for over three weeks. I'll probably just do without rumble until it's released here.

Wollan said:
Played Resistance yesterday and I was surprised to see that they had actually been able to implement rumble into events for the singleplayer, not just the combat itself. For example,
when the Angel surprisingly shows up and roars
I thought all of the weapons were dead on for rumble. It feels way more supring now when a car near you explodes

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Just ordered a ceramic white DS3 from play asia for $61 shipped. I will be annoyed if they release the white ones here in the US. The only reason I'm importing is that I really like the white. Luckily, I haven't rented or purchased a single PS3 game yet. I'm looking forward to having rumble for all of my first play throughs.

xewndar1

Banned
dont know if anyone asked this but i know COD 4 has no rumble but will a future ps3 update be able to fix that? or will the upcoming DS3 in the states the only choice for COD4? if an update will give COD4 im gonna import right away

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I just ordered one off of Ebay for $49.99. Shipping is $10 and it is coming from California. Should have it by the end of next week. :)

Loudninja

xewndar1 said:
dont know if anyone asked this but i know COD 4 has no rumble but will a future ps3 update be able to fix that? or will the upcoming DS3 in the states the only choice for COD4? if an update will give COD4 im gonna import right away

Yes , but I dont know when they will update it

I just ordered one off of Ebay for $49.99. Shipping is $10 and it is coming from California. Should have it by the end of next week. :)

Wow, nice price :)

i want to import one but i wonder if the DS3's build quantity is better than Sixaxis.

i drop my sixaxis a couple times(6") and now it is about to break apart.

i ordered a ceramic white one from yesasia using a $5 off coupon. and even though it currently says that it usually takes 7-14 days for it to ship on the product page mine was ready to ship after two days.

Bog

Junior Ace
Is there a list of games that already have rumble? Also, I assume this also gives PS2 games rumble?

I just ordered mine from Play-Asia last night. Looks like it will get here in a week or two. With rumble, I'll finally be able to move my PS2 stuff onto the PS3.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Mrbob said:
Sometime around March/April hypothetically.

How hypothetical is this? And when will we hypothetically be able to buy PSN cards? I want to give money to Sony but they won't let me.

I just ordered a second one DS3. I was going wait until they come out in the US just in case they change it at all orginally but after using it for a week or so I decided to get rid of the regular ole sixaxis.
Anyone affraid to buy one you can get them from importers or ebay easily for around $60 to 65 and most everything you want to play already functions with them. Hell even most demos support force feedback.

Teknoman

Bog said:
Is there a list of games that already have rumble? Also, I assume this also gives PS2 games rumble?

Yeah works with all PS2 games and should work with all PS1 games that had rumble. Mine should arrive sometime this week since I ordered from Play Asia last week. 5-10 days shipping, so i'll be keeping an eye out :D Actually stopped playing my PS3 once I ordered the controller, dont want to get too far in Ratchet and Uncharted without rumble.

I got mine yesterday. I haven't played with it too much but the extra weight makes it feel much more satisfying to hold. I played a little SSHD and it's great to have rumble back. I mainly got it so that I would have it in time for DMC4. :D

Slavik81

Bog said:
The only major game that currently doesn't support rumble is CoD4... And Guitar Hero.

Here's a list.
Note: Most of the titles listed as needing to be patched already have been. The list is a several months old.

I think I'm going to order some tonight. Not sure whether to get white or black. Black matches my Ps3, but the white one reminds me of a storm trooper. Ah decisions, decisions. This would be easier if I were racist.

jacket320

MarkMan said:
If anyone is ordering off Play-Asia... When checking out, use these coupon codes:

- Code: RE-TAI-LAA ($5 off $50+ orders. Expires January 31, 2008. Can be used multiple times.)

- Code: RE-TAI-LAB ($10 oof $100+ orders. Expires January 31, 2008. Can be used multiple times.)

And if you're feeling nice... use my affiliate link.

Coupon code!

Slavik81

Teknoman said:
Stuff for Playasia.com a few posts back. 5 bucks off a 50 dollar order.
There were also $8 off a $50 order coupons, but I think they were single-use. They sent them out before Christmas to anyone registered on their site. I'm not sure if there are any still around.

Mrbob

Guileless said:
How hypothetical is this? And when will we hypothetically be able to buy PSN cards? I want to give money to Sony but they won't let me.

I'm not sure. I would like to know a street date for PSN cards as well.

I cancelled my play asia order and ended up getting a dual shock 3 from the same source as denog. It shipped out today so hopefully I get it by the end of the week.

Baker

Banned
How long are these taking to show up now?

Mine shipped from play-asia two weeks ago ($9 box) and it's still not here.

M3Freak

Banned
One of my four SIXAXIS controllers have to break before I buy the new "SHOCKAXIS". I had a few friends over during December and I had to buy 2 more so we could all play. :(

Maggot9

Banned
Baker said:
How long are these taking to show up now?

Mine shipped from play-asia two weeks ago ($9 box) and it's still not here.

I bought it in the 9$ box too. It shipped on the 14th and got here yesterday, but I was at school when the guy came, so I have to go sometime tonight to pick it up from the post office. I'm in ON Canada.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Finally got round to ordering. $60 from Yes-Asia with free UK delivery and guaranteed no import duty to pay? And quidco on top of that? Don't mind if I do... Ordered a white one so I can tell which controller is which. :D

Baker

Banned
Maggot9 said:
I bought it in the 9$ box too. It shipped on the 14th and got here yesterday, but I was at school when the guy came, so I have to go sometime tonight to pick it up from the post office. I'm in ON Canada.

Damn. I expected it to take an extra day or two since I'm in bumblefuck Illinois, but it shipped January 9.

Eh, I guess with no mail service on Monday plus a couple weekends in between, maybe it's just running late.

DenogginizerOS said:
Loudninja said:
Wow, nice price :)
It's getting tempting.... I wonder how much they will be at retail? $49, $59? If it will be that much it looks like DenogginizerOS got a great deal.
iapetus said:
Finally got round to ordering. $60 from Yes-Asia with free UK delivery and guaranteed no import duty to pay? And quidco on top of that? Don't mind if I do... Ordered a white one so I can tell which controller is which. :D
Heh good idea :)

Got my DS3 alongside Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, and COD4 back at Christmas. Really been enjoying it.

Just wanted to mention, since there was some discussion earlier, that COD4 does have rumble. Didn't even require an update.

Teknoman

Maggot9 said:

Well in that case hopefully mine should be arriving between today-friday. Mine shipped on the 16th (Air economy bubble). Im in Houston, Texas.

Was Air economy bubble supposed to take 5-10 days or 5-15 days?

BeeDog

seaandthebells said:
Got my DS3 alongside Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, and COD4 back at Christmas. Really been enjoying it.

Just wanted to mention, since there was some discussion earlier, that COD4 does have rumble. Didn't even require an update.

What what what

CapoAheaz

My white DS3 shipped out from playasia on the 14th with the cheapest shipping. Not here yet. Hopefully it will come today or tommorow.

Im on the east coast in VA.

edit oh shit just checked the mail... its here, holla.

the white is sexy, feels heavy duty too.

FordStang

I just ordered mine last night from playasia at around 10 pm PST and I received an e-mail confrirmation this morning that it has been shipped. It's only $54.95 with a $5 off coupon. Well worth it! Hopefully :D

seaandthebells said:

Really? Is this true??

Tieno

Orded a beautiful white DS3 yesterday from yesasia. 40euros, which is less than a normal sixaxis costs here and probably way less than the eventual DS3 will be.

Picked a white one because it's purty and easy to differentiate from the black sixaxis.

Top Bottom