• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

typo said:
Regular airmail (how my DS3 is coming in) didn't have any duty bullshit.

Just anecdotal though. If customs decides to open your package, expect to pay $5 + PST + GST. The only exceptions are on products where they don't think they can collect more than a dollar or:

1. purchase under $20 CDN
2. gift under $60 CDN (if it's a gift over that amount they only tax the amount over.)

Decado

_leech_ said:
Yup, it is.
...but it was selling in most places at 50 during December.

When is the NA release date for DS3? It may be worth waiting (though 65 is pretty damned good).

BTW, is DS3 merely rumble or does it have force feedback technology like was rumoured a while back?

knitoe

Yes. My DS3 shipped. Only took next day to ship out from Play Asia. Yesasia was going to take until Feb 10. Difference in price between the two were only $1.70.

MercuryLS

Banned
What's the best online store to get one of these?

I'm playing through Uncharted and all I can think about is "man, imagine how much more I'd enjoy the combat with rumble :(".

Teknoman

MercuryLS said:
What's the best online store to get one of these?

I'm playing through Uncharted and all I can think about is "man, imagine how much more I'd enjoy the combat with rumble :(".

Heh I swore off playing any PS3 -PS1 games until mine arrive....ordered mine and it shipped January 16th. Getting anxious now. Tomorrow will be the 9th day of the 15 day wait >_<

Oudom

Since DMC is around the corner, I couldn't resist. I am selling two of my sixaxis on Ebay right now so I can buy this DS3.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
peetfeet said:
For those in the UK, Ebuyer has both the white DS3's and the black in stock. A little pricey at £37.70 tho.....

Against that you're getting better delivery options than most foreign retailers and you've got somewhere you can send them back to if they don't work. :D

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
I'm impressed with YesAsia's shipping - took 5 days (over a weekend) for the free shipping to reach me, which is pretty good given that they advertise it as 9-12 days. Got my shiny new white DS3 on my desk at work now, and will be giving it a good workout this evening. Need to get my copy of Ratchet & Clank back. :(

iapetus said:
I'm impressed with YesAsia's shipping - took 5 days (over a weekend) for the free shipping to reach me, which is pretty good given that they advertise it as 9-12 days. Got my shiny new white DS3 on my desk at work now, and will be giving it a good workout this evening. Need to get my copy of Ratchet & Clank back. :(

Where do you live? Mine shipped on the 14th and I'm still waiting :(

I'm getting close to freakout time if I don't see it soon...

Teknoman

Saint Gregory said:

Same here. Shipped on the 16th. 9 business days have gone by and nothing yet >_<

However mine is a playasia order, not yesasia. Maybe i'm just being overanxious, but nothing usually takes the full listed amount of days to reach someone.

Teknoman said:
Same here. Shipped on the 16th. 9 business days have gone by and nothing yet >_<

O.K., if they're talking business days (which is usual) then I'm not in full freakout mode yet. I do live on the east coast so I would expect it to take longer than for people who live in the west. Please get here before DMC4 or I'll be the one crying.

Has anyone been charged custom's tax in the U.S.? I don't remember that happening the last time I imported a game but maybe peripherals are different.

diddlyD said:
when is this thing coming out here in the states? what the fuck is taking so long?
I think Kutaragi mentioned they released in Japan first cause it was the smallest market and they needed time to ramp up production. So somewhere there's a few factories and warehouses with millions of DS3s just waiting to be unleashed on us.

stay gold

Got my white DS3 yesterday, im glad they feel more sturdy like the DS2, sixaxis felt pretty flimsy imo. The triggers don't seem 'spongy' anymore either :)

stephendedalus said:
Maybe they ordered from Playasia?

Is the consensus that people who ordered theirs from YesAsia got theirs faster? I wish I knew that if that's the case because waiting three weeks for something you can't track is aggravating as hell.

Teknoman

Saint Gregory said:
Is the consensus that people who ordered theirs from YesAsia got theirs faster? I wish I knew that if that's the case because waiting three weeks for something you can't track is aggravating as hell.

Agreed. If I dont get mine this evening, that'll have been 2 weeks + a day. Really hoping it hits this week.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Saint Gregory said:

Ouch. I'm in the UK, and mine shipped on the 24th and still arrived before yours.

fr4nz

I'm still waiting for 2 DS3 sent by Yesasia on the 9th .... I'm start to think that they are lost :/ first time it happens to me ;_;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is the best thing to happen to the PS3; now everyone will sell their Sixaxises on ebay nice and cheap for me; becuase I generally find Rumble to be annoying.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Ordered one for me and one for a friend from Play-Asia on the 29th, and it's already on the UPS truck for delivery here in Michigan today. w00t!

gray_fox224

anachronous_one said:
Ordered one for me and one for a friend from Play-Asia on the 29th, and it's already on the UPS truck for delivery here in Michigan today. w00t!

Damn, I had to wait about 2 weeks for mine. Couldn't afford fast shipping. Enjoy!

anachronous_one said:

I'm not too far from you (relatively speaking, i'm in Toronto) and mine shipped out on the 28th. Hopefully this means i'll get mine soon :D

MercuryLS

Banned
anachronous_one said:

Through Play-Asia or YesAsia? Is there a way to track Play-Asia packages, I couldn't find anything on their site.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
gray_fox224 said:
Damn, I had to wait about 2 weeks for mine. Couldn't afford fast shipping. Enjoy!
Heh, thanks. In the grand scope of things, I figured that getting UPS delivery w/ tracking in addition to insurance was worth the $22 (for two controllers) shipping charge. It helped to have a $10 off $100 coupon to offset that shipping charge.
MercuryLS said:
Through Play-Asia or YesAsia? Is there a way to track Play-Asia packages, I couldn't find anything on their site.
Play-Asia. Tracking only becomes available when you choose UPS Courier shipping or better, I think. If you choose either of the Airmail options, with the up to 10 day shipping time, there is no tracking. If you got the more expensive shipping option that includes tracking, then you should be able to view the progress under "My Account"

YAY! Literally just got dropped off in my office! Teh rumblez is mine!

gray_fox224

MercuryLS said:

Technically, you pay for it.

BTW, Burnout rumbles like mad. I guess its to make up for lost time.

Teknoman

Damn the USPS for losing my SMT: DDS1 in the mail, and making me paranoid about my DS3. Had to ship my game back to atlus since it was defective apparently. USPS lost it, but Atlus sent me a mint condition copy to replace it. Then again theres still about 5 more business days possible counting tomorrow.

EDIT: USPS guy knocked on the door a few minutes ago, and it was the DS3 package! Whats funny is that the tag says in bold letters: Do not bend Don Not Fold Handle with Care" and there is a big didnt in the side of the box >_>

Adamrogo

Banned
I'm trying to find the best price locally in Toronto. I've called VGP game centre and gamarama and they are all 69.99+tax. Anyone know another place that's cheaper?

Top Bottom