• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

kikonawa said:
what ya expect actually? its just a dualshock2 with sixaxis support...

btw, i have 16 DS3s coming over next week .. muhuhaahuaha

I think they were comparing it to other rumble experiences. It wasn't a problem with the controller, but rather the implementation of the rumble.

It feels so much better than the regular six axis controller, feeling much more sturdy and much more weighty. This controller doesn't feel like it's gonna break in your hands.

Playing GT5 with the DS3 brings the whole game alive...this is a much missed feature and I'm glad its back.

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

Oni Jazar

DJmizuhara said:
It feels so much better than the regular six axis controller, feeling much more sturdy and much more weighty. This controller doesn't feel like it's gonna break in your hands.

Playing GT5 with the DS3 brings the whole game alive...this is a much missed feature and I'm glad its back.

How limited was the supply?

Brofist

DJmizuhara said:

DSC00005.jpg

ooohh nice, gonna stop by a gaming shop and pick up the same combo tomorrow (well only one DS3 anyway)

npm0925

DJmizuhara said:

That was my main complaint about the sixaxis, aside from lack of rumble.

Pachimari

marwan said:
through the interweb.

i'm sure there are import stores in europe.
Eh.. I do know the Internet is the solution, I have imported tons of times before Sony put their mark. Any shops doing it?

Mmmkay

:/ The only reason I want one is so that my controller doesn't sound like a creaky piece of shit...

Oh and the white design is so hot.

Mmmkay said:
:/ The only reason I want one is so that my controller doesn't sound like a creaky piece of shit...

Oh and the white design is so hot.
I swear if I twisted my sixaxis I could break it in half easily.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
So, is Yesasia CC only? I used to use lik-sang with IBAN and did it with internet banking, worked good. It sucks not having a CC, and i cant get one either :(

edit: Guess not :/

Can I pay by direct deposit?
Yes, direct deposit is one of our payment options, but it is currently available only to Hong Kong customers with shipping addresses in Hong Kong.

SOLDIER

I'd like to import this too, but I'm not shelling out $80 for a controller. Is this the only place online to buy this? Or might they be selling it in chain stores like Gamestop?

I feel like such a bourgeois pig for spending a wad of cash on an import, but the lack of weight in the Sixaxis has been driving me nuts since Day One. Having a $5 off coupon from Play Asia relieved some of the shame, but not all.

SOLDIER said:
I'd like to import this too, but I'm not shelling out $80 for a controller. Is this the only place online to buy this? Or might they be selling it in chain stores like Gamestop?

if you want it now you gonna need to pay $80.00. or wait six month for SCEA to release it in US.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
WORLDWIDEWII said:
if you want it now you gonna need to pay $80.00. or wait six month for SCEA to release it in US.

Yeah, I need two more controllers for 4p PES and it would be even more of waste to get a new sixaxis at this point. Import premiums can be a bitch, what can you say?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
just ordered a white one. black looks better though imo, doubt it will be much cheaper when its released in the west

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You guys do know Yes-Asia isn't guaranteeing anything right?

we would like to inform you that the manufacturer, Sony, has confirmed that this product will not be available in sufficient quantities on its release date due to high market demand. Further quantities will be produced daily after the release date, and we will fulfill outstanding orders as we receive stock. However, we cannot anticipate how long this will take, and currently hope to fulfill all orders by the end of December 2007.

I am going to wait and hold out until NCSX decides to import the white ones, I am not going to pay $80 just for a controller with rumble and NCSX doesnt seem to be stocking them because of the bogus things they need to do to get the controllers in the first place so they wont jack up the price if they do get them.

actually if i were to buy a controller, i would personally pick black color.
not because i am racist. but for this reason: white controller will most likely turn *yellow once you start using it a lot, it is a fact that we all have grease hands. :D :D

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
AstroLad said:
You guys do know Yes-Asia isn't guaranteeing anything right?

no place is guaranteed, yesasia just cover their ass better.

ebay will be the only place you can kinda be sure, but thats even more of a premium. i can wait, its only rumble!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kaizoku said:
no place is guaranteed, yesasia just cover their ass better.

ebay will be the only place you can kinda be sure, but thats even more of a premium. i can wait, its only rumble!

I'm pretty sure whoever got in on Play-Asia is getting their controllers Day One. The reason I mention Yes-Asia is that they are one of the few places still taking pre-orders and it's clear that they are way over-ordered. And frankly I doubt anyone who didn't get in early will get it near release.

jett said:
What about the alleged "improved", "stereo" rumble that 1UP talked about?

It won't really matter if it is different if developers don't take advantage of it. The only game at TGS that people said they felt a difference with was MGS4.

Are the L2 and R2 triggers any better on the DS3? I'd like them better if they had a harder stop, they feel pretty mushy currently.

SolidSnakex said:
It won't really matter if it is different if developers don't take advantage of it. The only game at TGS that people said they felt a difference with was MGS4.

Yup. If the game wasn't developed with rumble in mind from the start, it's pretty much tacked-on.

DJmizuhara said:

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00007.jpg
Did you get my email? That controller looks fantastic!

Does anyone know if there's support for the DS3 pad on PC like the sixaxis PC patch?

Top Bottom