• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Dual Shock 3 - Who's importing?

Bebpo

Banned
Can you test it with the Uncharted demo? I wonder if the demo will have rumble or just the retail.

Also, does anyone know if Assassin's Creed is shipping with rumble on PS3. I was going to get the X360 version, but if it has rumble I might go PS3 because my brother wants to borrow it from me and he's going to have a PS3 soon.

HokieJoe

Not me. I'm awaiting the (hopeful) arrival of a good 3rd party controller from Logitech. If not, I'll just wait until they hit stateside.

Bebpo said:
Can you test it with the Uncharted demo? I wonder if the demo will have rumble or just the retail.

Also, does anyone know if Assassin's Creed is shipping with rumble on PS3. I was going to get the X360 version, but if it has rumble I might go PS3 because my brother wants to borrow it from me and he's going to have a PS3 soon.

It was on the DS3 list Sony released at TGS so it should ship with rumble.

reminder

Bebpo said:

The official Compability-List from Sony said that AC is shipping with Rumble.

f@luS

More than a member.
Marty Chinn said:
I'm starting to regret that I got black over white.
Sometimes, it happens that i eat something while playing. Then im happy not having white controller in my hand !

Bebpo

Banned
donkey show said:
When are they releasing the patches for rumble action on games like Folklore or did I miss something?

Probably this week or next. Depending on how lazy the team is.

Resistance, Motorstorm, Bladestorm, Piyotama have been patched. Ratchet/GT5demo came with it already. Uncharted and AC should come with it this week.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Bebpo said:
The demo contains final code, it will probably support rumble

Bebpo said:
Probably this week or next. Depending on how lazy the team is.

Resistance, Motorstorm, Bladestorm, Piyotama have been patched. Ratchet/GT5demo came with it already. Uncharted and AC should come with it this week.
Word. I was hoping to pop in some Folklore action and see if it adds more to the experience, especially when you're pulling out the Folk souls. Thanks man.

Anyway, just drove down to Japan Video Games at lunch and picked up a white one. Got it discounted at $60 too. It pays to be a valued customer and know the owner. ^^ Now the long wait for work to end begins now. =(

dfyb

Banned
yesasia backordered by white dualshock. i'm heartbroken :(

anyone want to ship one to me? (i'd obviously pay)

Bebpo

Banned
donkey show said:
Word. I was hoping to pop in some Folklore action and see if it adds more to the experience, especially when you're pulling out the Folk souls. Thanks man.

Anyway, just drove down to Japan Video Games at lunch and picked up a white one. Got it discounted at $60 too. It pays to be a valued customer and know the owner. ^^ Now the long wait for work to end begins now. =(

Heh, I actually ordered a white one from them today. They shipped it out and I should get mine on tuesday.

Could've driven up there, but it's not worth an hour drive each way for a freaking controller :p

dfyb said:
yesasia backordered by white dualshock. i'm heartbroken :(

anyone want to ship one to me? (i'd obviously pay)
www.japanvideogames.com They have them in stock.

Heh, I actually ordered a white one from them today. They shipped it out and I should get mine on tuesday.

Could've driven up there, but it's not worth an hour drive each way for a freaking controller :p

Yeah, they have an assload of them in both colors. The owner was pulling them out of the boxes as I walked in. I'm glad it's just pretty much down the street from work. :lol

Slavik81

InterMoniker said:
I swear if I twisted my sixaxis I could break it in half easily.
I play Tekken with my thumbs. That basically requires me to hold the controller sideways with my right hand sometimes, to hold both kicks or both punches...

Every time it creaks it drives me crazy.

Linkzg said:
any idea how fast things usually ship from them to somewhere in the east coast?

play-asia usually takes a week, NCSX takes a day or less with regular shipping.
Dunno really, since I've always just walked in. But since they're on the West Coast, it shouldn't take but a couple of days.

Thanks, I just ordered me one.

No problem. Y'all shouldn't have to wait on Yesasia, especially since they take forever and a day.

donkey show said:
Dunno really, since I've always just walked in. But since they're on the West Coast, it shouldn't take but a couple of days.

this is such a pickle, but I am going to have to import eventually because I do want one white controller with rumble and white black with rumble.

for some reason I find it fun to have a controller that is the opposite color as my console, like I use a black 360 controller for my 360. I blame the N64 for launching with a grey controller despite the console is black.

Awntawn

donkey show said:

Yeah, they have an assload of them in both colors. The owner was pulling them out of the boxes as I walked in. I'm glad it's just pretty much down the street from work. :lol
Thanks ;D

Receipt said:
Subtotal: $69.99
Tax (8.25%): $5.77
Shipping and Handling: $8.72
Grand Total: $84.48
Fuck. Well since they're in SoCal maybe that means UPS ground will get it to me in a day ;o I suppose I could just drive up to LA to their store, but that's a lot of hassle just for a controller 3;

Just for the record, they're expensive as fuck because they're imports right? In Japan do they cost that much more than the impotent Sixaxii?

Afrikan

donkey show said:

thanks alot.... the owner seems real cool....I got 2 white ones....one for me.....and one for my brother at my mother's house......but its for me really......

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll have to wait a little longer for mine. I cancelled my order per shipping costs (for the bundle) and put it elsewhere while awaiting a local import shop to carry the controller.

hmm, so from this site it will be $80 with shipping and should arrive in time for Uncharted.

still giving it some thought.

Awntawn said:
Just for the record, they're expensive as fuck because they're imports right? In Japan do they cost that much more than the impotent Sixaxii?

the reason NCSX is stocking them is because retailers in Japan are doing crazy shit to get people to buy these controllers, so the prices are jacked up. Like, to get a Dual Shock 3 controller on its own you would need to buy a 40 gig PS3.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
PirateSean said:
my yesasia status is 'searching from suppliers'

Ditto that, and I ordered on Oct. 10th. Ah well, the other one I ordered from japanvideogames has already shipped and I just need the yesasia one in the next few weeks hopefully.

knicks

Kinda confused. Wasn't Immersions new rumble technology created and ready at the beginning of 2006? Why wouldn't they put them in the new DS3 controllers or 360 controllers for that matter?

dork

Banned
not me, i don't care

NOt giving them more money for something that should have been included in the first place

Tested the following games for DS3 support;

GT5 - supported
Uncharted - demo- supported
R&C - demo & retail - supported
Resistance - supported
Timeshift - demo - supported
Motorstorm - not support - Haven't downloaded any of the packs that you have to pay for.
F1 - not supported
Tekken 5 DR - not supported
Stardust HD - not supported
Calling all cars - not supported
Winning Eleven - demo - not supported

Bebpo

Banned
DJmizuhara said:

GT5 - supported
Resistance - supported
Motorstorm - not support - Haven't downloaded any of the packs that you have to pay for.
F1 - not supported

How does Uncharted feel with rumble? Do the guns feel better? Explosions have more BOOM to them?

Erebus

DJmizuhara said:

GT5 - supported
Resistance - supported
F1 - not supported

Motorstorm supports DS3 after Update 3.0, you just have to enable it from the options.

Yeah Uncharted feels awesome. You don't feel anything whilst running, but when you jump from a height you feel a small dull thud, which is really nice. When Nathan is traversing you can feel a small rumble feeling, again it feels good.
When your getting hit with bullets you feel a nice strong rumble, and when the grenades go off around you, you get a nice quick and strong rumble. When going up against an enemy with your fists you feel each and every punch thrown and taken. When your character is almost dead you get a pulsating rumble mimicking Nathans heartbeat. Overall it feels really good and it doesn't feel like a last minute tack on.

Bebpo

Banned
DJmizuhara said:
Yeah Uncharted feels awesome. You don't feel anything whilst running, but when you jump from a height you feel a small dull thud, which is really nice. When Nathan is traversing you can feel a small rumble feeling, again it feels good.
When your getting hit with bullets you feel a nice strong rumble, and when the grenades go off around you, you get a nice quick and strong rumble. When going up against an enemy with your fists you feel each and every punch thrown and taken. When your character is almost dead you get a pulsating rumble mimicking Nathans heartbeat. Overall it feels really good and it doesn't feel like a last minute tack on.

:D

Can't wait!

DarkUSS said:
Motorstorm supports DS3 after Update 3.0, you just have to enable it from the options.

I've got the Japanese version of motorstorm and rumble isn't available, maybe if I download a pack it might enable it. But I ain't sending money on making the rumble feature work...

Top Bottom