• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

HORRORSHØW

I sure hope this is the one conference where they stop cutting the direct feed to show a slow pan of the room. Last years Gamescom was the worst.

don't worry

screenshot2014-08-11as2k5c.png

SDCowboy

There are some Sony employees starting to say things now (on Twitter). So there's going to be a few game announcements, at least. Whether they're all big or small remains to be seen.

Certainly will be a indie presence though.

Can you post the tweets please?

Some expectations are reducing to nothing new being shown? What's going on lol.

Here's a recap all of the pre-GC news.
---------------------------
Rime will show gameplay footage or be playable at the event.
Housemarque's new game might be there.
30 minute closed doors demo for an unannounced Japanese game and 45 minute demo for an unannounced IP.
Detail about the JP game

Until Dawn
Media Molecule's new IP is expected by almost everyone now. That could be the 45 demo? Maybe.

When do you guys think we'll hear about the game Ono is working on (it's not Deep Down)? I guess TGS makes sense. This is probably unannounced game that I'm interested in the most due to the high chance of it being a fighting or action game.
LEGEND OF DRAGOON REBOOT #IBELIEVE LET IT BE!

And after a disappointing Gamescom, Shuhei will say they had to save something for TGS thus continuing the cycle.
I hope they have a great conference, but what I'm looking forward to the most is most likely to be shown at TGS (FF XV, The Last Guardian, Persona 5) :(

30 minute closed doors demo for an unannounced Japanese game and 45 minute demo for an unannounced IP.
Detail about the JP game

Wait so there are two JP games now? Two of which we don't know about? I bet one of them is Sony Japan Studio major project which is still a REALLY broad guess especially with the IP's they can use, plus there's also the option of a new IP which they like to do a lot of. The way that guy worded it about how the game won't be out in the Fall, but next year makes me think it's something we already know about but not a whole lot of. Yet, a good chunk of it exists enough that they can feel confident in a 30-45 minute presentation.
Persona 5?
. Both HAVE to be something that can really benefit from a 30-45 minute showing where they can show everything a person would need to know to understand what's going on

Detail about the JP game

Until Dawn
Media Molecule's new IP is expected by almost everyone now. That could be the 45 demo? Maybe.

When do you guys think we'll hear about the game Ono is working on (it's not Deep Down)? I guess TGS makes sense. This is probably unannounced game that I'm interested in the most due to the high chance of it being a fighting or action game.

hNb9eVP.gif

TGS is going to be one huge bummer for every company and platform holder i fear.

I think we're going to eventually get to the point where Gamescom is a bigger deal than both E3 or TGS. I'd be cool with that. The only thing I'm iffy about is the fact that I'm crazy and I'm going to wake up before 8AM to watch Microsoft's press conference. Super inconvenient time at least for me.

Also I totally forgot Ono was working on an unknown PS4 game. Come on make the Playstation vs Capcom and other Friends a thing. I want that damn glorious original Marvel Vs Capcom 3 cinematic opening but with Capcom, Playstation, Sega and Bamco characters.

Kyoufu

The VGA's were quite mediocre last year.
I don't know what to expect anymore.

My theory is that due to the transition to new hardware, not many devs were ready to show their games in December. For example, The Order was supposed to be shown at VGX but when the press saw it later in February the general consensus was that it looked rough.

Maybe we'll get a better VGA show this year.

I chalk that up to no one having anything to announce more then anything.

Oh then perhaps Gamescom increases in importance now then!~

Gamescom was already pretty important for Sony. Gamescom 2012 was far better then their E3 press event. You could say 2013 was also better in terms of game announcements.

My theory is that due to the transition to new hardware, not many devs were ready to show their games in December.

Maybe we'll get a better VGA show this year.
Even looking beyond that, it was a mess of a show. Keighley won't let it die though and he knows what changes need to be made, so I wouldn't discard a great comeback with big announcements.

How enraged I was when I found out that Cologne is actually Köln, a city only about an hour driving from where I live. And here I thought it was some far-off place deeply hidden within Germany...

Honestly, if they show at least 1 minute of gameplay footage or just a teaser of the villain for Uncharted 4, then I'll consider this conference a success. Everything will literally be icing on the cake for me.

wmlk

Wait...I just realized. That superspecialawesome JRPG that was shown behind closed doors...and those comments saying it's not 'that' FFXV. Is the guy seriously alluding to FFVII?

Samyy

Wait...I just realized. That superspecialawesome JRPG that was shown behind closed doors...and those comments saying it's not 'that' FFXV. Is the guy seriously alluding to FFVII?

Who ever said it was a JRPG?
I thought it was just a Sony Japan game?

Ambition

Man if a FFVII remake gets announced, I don't know what I'd do...

Top Bottom