• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony plans PS2/PSP dealers conference tomorrow

Elios83

Babelfished from Gamefront.de

"Sony plans ' PlayStation Dealers Conference '/PSP Preisbekanntgabe?

04.10.04 - Sony sent invitations away for a ' PlayStation Dealers Conference ' in Japan to the specialized trade. The meeting takes place three times: To 05.10.04 in Tokyo, to 06.10.04 in Nagoya and to 07.10.04 in Osaka.

Is planned to present to dealers the coming Lineup for PlayStation2 and PSP. Possibly Sony will communicate also the price of PSP to the specialized trade."

That fits perfectly with Kutaragi's plan to wait for the reactions from TGS and than decide for PSP price and launch date.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"That fits perfectly with Kutaragi's plan to wait for the reactions from TGS and than decide for
PSP price and launch date."

I'd just like to know how peoples reaction affects the price?

is he saying, "well, if you all love it, we'll give it to you HARD?"

Shit, we should have all walked around going "WTF is this piece of shit?! I'm not buying this!"
then we might have got it for 15,000 yen!

God damn it.

(come on, we know Sony know what the price is gonna be, this is all stalling tactics...)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Waiting for GAF meltdown. In the meanwhile:

- The whole Jap trade can't be under NDA... or can they?
- At what time we can expect news? It's now 8 am in Japan.

in before the
purpleownzblue2.gif

jarrod

Banned
I predict...

December 3
29000 yen (hardware)
5800 yen (software)
12-15 3rd party launch games
2-5 1st party launch games

Chittagong

Gold Member
I predict

mid-December (25% probability)
34.800 yen
7-10 third-party games
2-3 first-party games

or

February/March (75% probability)
29.800 yen
15-20 third-party games
3-5 first-party games

beat the odds Sony!!!

Elios83

I think that Sony will launch PSP in Japan this December what ever happens.The price could be between 29.000 and 33.000 yen.
I expect battery life to be in this range:3 hours UMD video,6 hours minimum for games (also thanks to the ''suggestions'' they're giving to developers on the matter, and 10+ hours for music).
As for the lineup I really don't know,at TGS all the playble games were far from being completed.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
$300US - PSP
$100US - for the battery that you're gonna have to lug around on your back to play it
$50US - for the heat resistent gloves you'll have to wear so you don't burn your hands 30 mins in

The look on your face when it all comes true - priceless.

Brofist

04.10.04 - Sony sent invitations away for a ' PlayStation Dealers Conference ' in Japan to the specialized trade. The meeting takes place three times: To 05.10.04 in Tokyo, to 06.10.04 in Nagoya and to 07.10.04 in Osaka.

Oct 7 in Osaka..hmmm what's the best way to sneak into one of these things, surely you know DC :p

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Oct 7 in Osaka..hmmm what's the best way to sneak into one of these things, surely you know DC :p"

a killer hummer.

Jonnyram

Apparently there was no mention of price or release date for the PSP, but this is according to one unscreened report on 2ch.

Jonnyram

More specifically, from syoboonline:

I went to Sony's December retailer meeting... Tales (Rebirth), MGS3, Ratchet3, GT4, Kagerou2, FF&DQ Itadaki St., Gundam vs Z-Gundam, Kessen 3, Bleach (Jump Manga), DMC3, Capcom Fighting Jam, Simple 2000 Series... that just about covers it. There was no announcement of PSP price or release date (cry).

Top Bottom