• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymond's Fairgame$

Draugoth

Gold Member
recepcao-interna-de-fairgame-na-sony-estaria-bastante-positiva-113179.webp

One of the company's upcoming titles is Fairgame$, a multiplayer extraction game developed by Jade Raymond, former producer of Assassin's Creed. Although we still don't have much information about the project, it seems that internally it's going well.

The information came from Chris Dring, a journalist for the Games Industry portal. According to him, internal talks at Sony about Fairgame$ are very positive, with the studio committed to making the game work and providing ongoing support.

I've heard good things about Jade Raymond's game, Fairgame$, I've heard good things about it. So I know people are a bit skeptical about the trailer, but I've heard that the internal conversations about it are very positive. These other projects, which I assume are the ones they're focusing on, are the ones they're going to bet on. They're going to launch it, they're going to support it and try to make it work.

What's more, he claims that Sony was already worried about Concord before its release. During the Summer Games Fest, the majority opted to test Astro Bot and LEGO Horizon Adventures instead of Concord, which would have shaken internal confidence in the project.

Source

Aion002

Gold Member
“I’m confident the studio’s upcoming project will be a robust addition to PlayStation Studios’ portfolio, and its live service and technology expertise will be instrumental in helping grow PlayStation’s reach.”

“We’re thrilled to expand upon our collaborative relationship with Firewalk Studios and formally welcome the team to PlayStation Studios,” said Hermen Hulst, Head of PlayStation Studios.

Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

TrebleShot

If they are stupid enough to go down the same road as Concord and blindly back something nobody wants than they deserve the unmitigated mess that their finances will be and more heads will roll.

They believed and were confident enough in Concord for 8 years and God knows how much investment.

Sony is a shambles at the moment.

It needs an intervention.

ps5 sales are very healthy but your only one bad move away from destroying that sentiment and sales.

Some people are funny, I imagine if Concord launched before Helldivers, people's thoughts about this would be more positive.

I suppose we'll see how this one plays out.

Hookshot

Gold Member
Phew, thank god for this good news. I can now look forward to seeing it in shows later in the year.

I think this game will do WAY better than Concord, mostly because the heist genre is not that common, and also its a mp/pvp sandbox game.

ps5 sales are very healthy but your only one bad move away from destroying that sentiment and sales.

lol no you are not and we've seen that with Xbox. They literally released their next gen console with no exclusive and were still selling well at first. Even after like 8+ years of saying we need more games and promising next year.

Plus what are these people going to do go buy an Xbox? lol.

Ozriel

M$FT
This report claims they didnt really, which would make sense, given how quickly they kill off the game and refund everybody.

Wut

The conversation is about pre-release confidence. Not response to market reception.

If they weren’t confident about Concord, they’d have launched it as F2P, similar to Deatruction All Stars

Top Bottom