• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymond's Fairgame$

LectureMaster

Gold Member
herman-hulst-b.jpg

Can this man get kicked out as fast as they killed Concord?

themonk

Neo Member
The issue is extraction shooters are terrible when they are fast paced and characters seem to move like COD not a tactical shooter…

I think despite the GaaS hate (and I don't like them either), it is better to build new studios from scratch with people who are passionate about this sort of thing to work on them. Concord bombing while being developed by Firewalker is much better than if it was wasting Naughty Dog's or Insomniac's time and resources.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I think despite the GaaS hate (and I don't like them either), it is better to build new studios from scratch with people who are passionate about this sort of thing to work on them. Concord bombing while being developed by Firewalker is much better than if it was wasting Naughty Dog's or Insomniac's time and resources.
Yea but they did that too, at least in the case of ND.

Elios83

The premise of this game is much cooler than the standard competitve shooter and there's not much competition in the heist sub-genre.
It has its own personality and doesn't feel a generic shooter.
They need to take the lessons learnt from Concord and not fuck up the marketing or focus on a completely unappealing characters roaster for the sake of forced DEI.

Lool I remember the full version on this 🤭 👀 👀 that malicious comic that did irreparable harm to Jade's career, according to her lawyer at least :pie_roffles: "pie_tears_joy:

“I’m confident the studio’s upcoming project will be a robust addition to PlayStation Studios’ portfolio, and its live service and technology expertise will be instrumental in helping grow PlayStation’s reach.”

“We’re thrilled to expand upon our collaborative relationship with Firewalk Studios and formally welcome the team to PlayStation Studios,” said Hermen Hulst, Head of PlayStation Studios.

Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

boo-annoyed.gif

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Wait the dollar is real? I thought it was a piss take like $ony or Micro$oft

Shocking.

StueyDuck

if they are $mart they will replace their ambiguou$ race/gender character with an afro or a $ide part dread$ that they are inevitably going to u$e for future marketing.

If they have any brain$ over there they will pivot literally today. And don't choo$e $ome gruntilda like the fable/perfect dark lead, choose one of the characters in a mask or a hoodie or whatever, make it completely anonymou$ per$on with a dope a$$ de$ign.

if they don't do thi$ then the game$ dead on arrival

Last edited:
It's okay now. That sausage in a suit Jim Ryan has left the building. He can't hurt you anymore. Just sweep all this shit under the rug now and all can be fine a couple of years.

Fabieter

I know nothing about Fairgame% outside of the very lame trailer, but I guarantee that people within Sony are taking another look at it right now.

I wonder if the leaders of the company have any regrets about promoting Hulst, too. I know people shit on Jim Ryan but Hulst was also his guy. He spearheaded this gaashit.

I swear if I see another horizon game in the September showcase iam loosing it. 🤣🤣

A.Romero

just bring back mag wtf.
MAG wasn't a success even when it released, I think it didn't even reach 2 million copies and the servers lasted for 4 years (if I remember correctly there weren't enough players at the end). I doubt it could compete with what we have access to now.

If anything they could revisit Warhawk (maybe).

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Fairgame$ at least had a cool trailer showing what gameplay could be like

Concord never had that. And Fairgame$ also has more of its own identity and niche

No reason to pull the plug. Support it and let the market decide. If it’s appealing it could be like Helldivers 2
And have actual public betas. None of this "demo pretending to be a beta" 2 months before the game is out BS.

HogIsland

MAG wasn't a success even when it released, I think it didn't even reach 2 million copies and the servers lasted for 4 years (if I remember correctly there weren't enough players at the end). I doubt it could compete with what we have access to now.

If anything they could revisit Warhawk (maybe).
minimum 3M sales on Steam. i also support a warhawk PC port.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don’t get how they think this will do any better. I get it, she has an impressive work history, but that doesn’t mean everyone on PSN will drop what they’re doing to play this either.

This is the first time in months that I even heard about this game. 🙄

GTA6 is going to dominate so whatever they do - don’t release around that beast.

Last edited:
Someone please explain to me what Jade Raymond has ever done to be so highly regarded as some sort of important figure within the industry?

People act as if she was solely responsible for Assassin's Creed's success or something.

Fbh

Sony was so confident in Concord they bought the studio.
They game was already in development as an exclusive for them but they were so impressed with what they saw that they felt the need to secure the talent.
If the colossal failure of Concord shows us anything is that whoever was calling the shots when games like Concord and Fair Game$ were approved has no idea what they are doing, them being confident in it means nothing.

I like how the truly incredible and ambitious new multiplayer game was a generic Hero shooter with no innovative gameplay, mechanics or game modes and some of the worst character design in the genre.

Last edited:

themonk

Neo Member
I think the issue is video game studios are becoming heavily feminized… I think we are getting weird content where male entertainment is being invaded and destroyed and no one wants to talk about it. Men don’t try to make a Barbie movie and say we should star ken and dress him up in a GI joe uniform and give him guns…

Females have invaded espn, comics, and video games and want to change them….

The big thing with PvP is to keep games competitive hell even Battlefield and COD have tried to remove kills and deaths from scorecards at the end of matches so they don’t hurt people’s feelings.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony’s single player games are garbage too. Lets keep making women fat and ugly because they don’t fit body standards and keep crazy fit men who are stupid…. Let’s all make the women lame and gay… *cough* Aloy *cough* Ellie….

Last edited:

Aenima

At this point im just going to assume that outside Asian countries, the majority of the videogame industry (devs, journalists, CEOs) have no clue what gamers really want. SO telling me someone at a studio r games division is saying things are looking good or they are confident about the project, it means jack shit untill a demo is out for the public to try it and tell you whats really going on.

PatientGamer

Gold Member
What Sony and Microsoft need to realise is that their games are bombing because they're refusing to listen to the audience that grew them into the juggernauts they are today.

Keep going down this GaaS shithole of a path, and the market will respond in kind.

Concord was just the start, I think this will become a movement from core gamers everywhere who is tired of this GAAS nonsense.

Neon Xenon

Here I was thinking that Fairgame$ was possibly just getting double-tapped offscreen. I'm sure everything's just fine. That said, the source states that the recording where this is heard was made before the plug was pulled on Concord.

Alright, let's say that the gameplay of Fairgame$ might actually turn out to be good. Even then, even with enough time passed over, you're not to wash off the stains that first trailer left. "Eat the Rich" coming from a game produced with the help of big companies isn't exactly ringing high with people. It was fucking corny and people rightfully dismissed it.

Maybe with a complete tonal shift in response to the apparent disgust that people were very happy to share, there could be people willing to give it another look, but I expect them to stay the course.

Personally, if there's a Heist game (or just some game involving stealing money) that I'm looking forward to, it's Den of Wolves from 10 Chambers (Payday 1 + 2, and GTFO). Unfortunately, this is more of a teaser with very little gameplay, but I am interested in seeing more of what is basically "Cyberpunk Payday".

Sony was also confident enough in Concord to make this

TxZJirP.jpeg
It's hilarious that one of the few visually appealing things related to Concord is a damn controller.

Top Bottom