• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Sai-kun

Banned
CmC_MnRWYAAZCsV.jpg:large

mods please fucking ban neoxon

Carnage was always a fun villain, but I just don't see how you can do him without doing Venom first and that requires the symbiote story/suit, which in turn requires establishing Peter's character. Unless they save Carnage for like movie 4 or 5, they'd have to totally rework the character's origin.

I hope all this Carnage talk just turns out to be a after credits scene or a Easter egg. One villian only for the first movie (at least). Spiderman movies have been plagued with too many villains in the past. We need a solid movie for Spider-Man. I need it. My heart can't take this hype being destroyed again. #MakeSpidermanGreatAgain.

There's nothing inherently bad with multiple villains, it's just how you do it. The Winter Soldier had five villains and it turned out fine. The trick is to not do what Spider-man 3 did and try to make all of them the main villain in the movie. Harry, Sandman, and Venom were all tripping over each other to be the primary antagonist of that movie.

There's nothing inherently bad with multiple villains, it's just how you do it. The Winter Soldier had five villains and it turned out fine. The trick is to not do what Spider-man 3 did and try to make all of them the main villain in the movie. Harry, Sandman, and Venom were all tripping over each other to be the primary antagonist of that movie.

Yep. Heck, The Dark Knight has just as many villains as Spider-Man 3, but it's a well-written story that knows how to use each character.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
d415e9aad334b56eb48054a37975e4f5.jpg

Looks baggier than in Civil War. I guess that's CG for you.

16c4fdf0f63af4e77d15e19c32e54263.jpg

Finally, Tom Holland's face with the suit!

Looks a bit loose in areas, especially the mask but I guess that's because it's a scene where he'll remove it. I suppose other scenes will have him wearing the mask with a faceshell underneath to give a good shape. Expect CGI touch ups again.

Spinluck

They're gonna touch up the fuck out of this suit in post lol. TASM2 will still be the best looking one off set, overall, the MCU is my favorite. Can't beat the moving eyes and fresh design imo. As much as I'm a sucker for the classic look.

The legs have that many lines in Civil War? Almost New 52 Flash levels of lines.

Regarding the looseness, looks like an action scene. Tend to use looser costumes. Black Panther looked flabby when his suit was first caught on set.

Gravidee

I suspect that the suit will be touched up through special effects. Like what happened to good old Ultron, but on a smaller scale.

z58z.jpg

They're gonna touch up the fuck out of this suit in post lol. TASM2 will still be the best looking one off set, overall, the MCU is my favorite. Can't beat the moving eyes and fresh design imo. As much as I'm a sucker for the classic look.

ASM2 and Deadpool set pictures were the best representations of the final suits.

Interesting part about the Spider-Man mask here, is that it seems to be mask. Usually it's a helmet covered in the fabric to retain a shape.

Top Bottom