• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

icespide

Banned
b31e5a0a9c5fa8a570ef7abdbaeef055.jpg

Honestly, this looks way better than I thought I would given how bad costumes usually look without post production touchup

The only thing that looks off is the looseness around the mask which will be CGed as others said

ASM2 and Deadpool set pictures were the best representations of the final suits.

Interesting part about the Spider-Man mask here, is that it seems to be mask. Usually it's a helmet covered in the fabric to retain a shape.

As icespide said, the entire mask/head will probably be animated due to the eyes and mouth moving so the real mask is probably just placeholder

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Honestly, this looks way better than I thought I would given how bad costumes usually look without post production touchup

The only thing that looks off is the looseness around the mask which will be CGed as others said

As icespide said, the entire mask/head will probably be animated due to the eyes and mouth moving so the real mask is probably just placeholder

Amazing Spider-Man 2 costume looked well amazing on set.

THE-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-2-Set-Photo-34.jpg

Looking at Spidey in Civil War again, this is actually pretty close. It's loose in all the areas CW Spidey is (except the mask).

Edit: TASM2 suit has the urethane webbing which looks kinda crappy now thanks to the MCU suit. MCY version also has the superior eyes, colours and spider emblems. But yes, it does hold up in production pics.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So then... all the people who were saying the suit would get a refresh post CW... well that's good, cuz I like this one.

Prompto

Banned
Did they ever explain why they made the suit mostly CGI in Civil War? Was there not a final design of the suit during filming or something?
Still prefer the raised webbing. ASM 2 suit > everything
Agreed. Wish they bring back a similar version of that suit in the future

icespide

Banned
so the thick black lines on his arms connect from the extra web cartridges on his waist to the actual webshooters, I wonder if its magnetized or something? when he runs out of web, cartridges automatically transfer to his shooters?

Did they ever explain why they made the suit mostly CGI in Civil War? Was there not a final design of the suit during filming or something?

Tom mentioned in an interview that he did wear a suit, it was baggy since they didn't have time to fit one for him so he used the stuntman's

I imagine since the airport was entirely CG anyway and due to the nature of Spideys movement in that scene there were very little shots they could have even used a practical suit in so they just said fuck it

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Regarding the looseness, looks like an action scene. Tend to use looser costumes. Black Panther looked flabby when his suit was first caught on set.

Black Panther ended up being entirely CG though. But yeah, pretty much all these costumes look loose on set.

The only off thing is that this suit seems to show less muscle definition than previous versions. But I doubt it'll be an issue on screen.

Prompto

Banned
That article with the set pics mentioned Peter is supposedly in Washington DC during that scene they're filming. Will be cool to see Spidey in a different city other than New York.
Tom mentioned in an interview that he did wear a suit, it was baggy since they didn't have time to fit one for him so he used the stuntman's

I imagine since the airport was entirely CG anyway and due to the nature of Spideys movement in that scene there were very little shots they could have even used a practical suit in so they just said fuck it
Ah ok. That makes sense.

icespide

Banned
That article with the set pics mentioned Peter is supposedly in Washington DC during that scene they're filming. Will be cool to see Spidey in a different city other than New York.

Ah ok. That makes sense.

there's a school bus in this scene as well, wonder if it's a field trip

Top Bottom