• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

Dalek

Damn man...This is going to be so great....

And I find this picture hillarious. Reminds me of that Leo photo.

02637ca67e1a4c9c7549342d4aea9cdb.jpg

icespide

Banned
for the new page, what do you guys think about my theory for those thick black lines that connect his belt and web shooters?

so the thick black lines on his arms connect from the extra web cartridges on his waist to the actual webshooters, I wonder if its magnetized or something? when he runs out of web, cartridges automatically transfer to his shooters via a rail system wrapping around his arms?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
for the new page, what do you guys think about my theory for those thick black lines that connect his belt and web shooters?

so the thick black lines on his arms connect from the extra web cartridges on his waist to the actual webshooters, I wonder if its magnetized or something? when he runs out of web, cartridges automatically transfer to his shooters via a rail system wrapping around his arms?

Nah, I need a scene of him falling and trying to load his web-shooters manually.

So the cartridges zip along the black lines? Sounds like something fancy that Tony would do, but I can see them falling off or breaking if Spidey gets slammed into a wall as they transfer, so I'm not sure it works like that.

It's an interesting theory. The texture on the black is notably different from the rest of the suit, it's definitely either metal or rubber.

If that was the case I'm surprised it wasn't touched on with his intro in Civil War since I think they were in there too but I guess that would be a silly thing for that specific movie to waste time on

icespide

Banned
it's just interesting how they line up exactly with the shooters like that, you can even see a kind of ramp for them to slide into:
13502893_1064335670302233_2549549930411232139_o.jpg

Neoxon

it's just interesting how they line up exactly with the shooters like that, you can even see a kind of ramp for them to slide into:
13502893_1064335670302233_2549549930411232139_o.jpg
But there's a disconnect between the forearm & the upper-arm in terms of the black material. Yes, Peter could load the web cartridges into that black line under his forearm & have the cartridge slide into place, but I'm not expecting anything that sends the cartridges from the belt to the web shooter.

icespide

Banned
But there's a disconnect between the forearm & the upper-arm in terms of the black material. Yes, Peter could load the web cartridges into that black line under his forearm & have the cartridge slide into place, but I'm not expecting anything that sends the cartridges from the belt to the web shooter.

shit you're right. well there goes that theory o_O

Honestly not sold on the suit :/ the black lines on his legs look ugly to me, they just look so out of place. Were they in CW? I can't remember. ASM2 is still the goat for me till now.

icespide

Banned
Honestly not sold on the suit :/ the black lines on his legs look ugly to me, they just look so out of place. Were they in CW? I can't remember. ASM2 is still the goat for me till now.

so far the suit looks exactly like the one in Civil War

I liked the ASM2 suit at the time but Civil War has made it retroactively hideous for me. raised webbing makes me physically ill

Can someone explain the Iron Spider love to me?

I'm not a comics person at all but the comics I have read have always been Spider-Man since he's what I grew up with. I don't ever remember seeing that costume and I actually think it looks kind of ridiculous. But it seems really popular online.

icespide

Banned

I'm not a comics person at all but the comics I have read have always been Spider-Man since he's what I grew up with. I don't ever remember seeing that costume and I actually think it looks kind of ridiculous. But it seems really popular online.

I think people like the idea of Iron Spider more than the actual costume. Iron Spider is a horrible costume

Kevinroc

It's representative of the original comic book Civil War. Consider it a form of nostalgia.

(Hell, they're even having Mary Jane put that costume on for their current storyline.)

Edwins

Imagine Tony Stark trying to give Spidey an Iron Man style redesign with robot spider limbs added to make Spider-Man even more spiderlike.

Now imagine Tony Stark is too fucking stupid to know how many legs spiders have and only puts three robot limbs on the suit in addition to the normal human arms and legs.

Poyunch

I guess I just have a thing for robotic spider legs. Thankfully the Superior Spider-man got it right. Only a truly superior mind could outdo Tony Stark's concept.

icespide

Banned
the only thing different on the suit that I notice is that the spider emblem on the chest is raised

oh god what if this movie is a raised webbing origin story

This:

It's representative of the original comic book Civil War. Consider it a form of nostalgia.

(Hell, they're even having Mary Jane put that costume on for their current storyline.)

I actually prefer spidey's original suit but I just want to see him temporarily use a different suit to take down the main villain. He can then go back to the original after. ;)

I can't not hear JK Simmons' voice for all these JJJ pics, I am so fucking sad he won't be back. Flawless casting.

Suit looks a little over designed with all the blue lines and shit but I understand why they're there, and it doesn't really look THAT different from Civil War from what I remember. Can't wait to see it after all the post work is done.

jmood88

I don't know what the rule of spoilers in a production thread is (in my head I imagine it's lax due to the nature of set photos) but I'll tag this just in case

The Atlanta Filming dude says they are about to shoot a
prom or homecoming dance scene indoors somewhere
If someone actually thinks that a homecoming dance in a movie with homecoming in the name that is set in a high school is a spoiler, then they need to leave the Internet.

Edwins

If someone actually thinks that a homecoming dance in a movie with homecoming in the name that is set in a high school is a spoiler, then they need to leave the Internet.

If somebody thinks there's a legitimate possibility of it being a prom scene there's also a bit of an issue. Hmm, prom or homecoming? I wonder which one it will be.

Top Bottom