• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

I would rather the spider to be sewn on with a type of fabric rather than a raised plastic emblem. Those lines on the leg don't look too hot either, but maybe it'll look better on the big screen.

Qvoth

i wasn't too big on the suit on civil war, really hope they improve on that
something about the cg or something feels strange
never had that feeling with the previous 2 spidermans

icespide

Banned
because you're used to seeing raised webbing or basketball texture. this is actually smooth cloth

because you're used to seeing raised webbing or basketball texture. this is actually smooth cloth
^
All the previous live action costumes had raised webbings. It's different seeing a suit that's completely smooth.

OAQz6o7.jpg

icespide

Banned
didn't realize just how bright and comic book like the colors are on the new suit until I saw those old suits again. wow

guek

Banned
Raimi's Spidey costume really put the man in Spider-MAN. Holland looks thin and wirey in comparison but not in a bad way. I think it'll be a good visual contrast from the prior renditions.

Poyunch

I'm hoping the suit looks better in Homecoming because I felt like Spidey looked too smooth and CG in CW. Hopefully it's because Spidey was purely CG because until then I feel like the raised webbing added some much needed "texture".

Jonogunn

The Spider-Man is civil war was CGI and done by a stunt guy right? Didn't they film that scene before they casted Tom holland right?

That would make sense because his body shape and height look a lot different here.

Still think Raimi is the goat for the movie costumes. While I like Holland's threads Tobey's are still the ones to beat.

he'd have the best if the webbing wasn't raised imo. holland's looks very sleek in comparison. i like it.

all the spidermans have had a good costume. hasn't been a trainwreck like schumacher batman or avengers cap or anything.

PsychBat!

Banned
he'd have the best if the webbing wasn't raised imo. holland's looks very sleek in comparison. i like it.

all the spidermans have had a good costume. hasn't been a trainwreck like schumacher batman or avengers cap or anything.

batman-forever.jpg

Nicole liked it.

She was insanely hot in that movie.

http://cdn.moviestillsdb.com/sm/2926c00218ad1c4da429f90ea60e6c57/batman-forever.jpg[IMG]

Nicole liked it.

[SPOILER]She was insanely hot in that movie.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Nicole and Kim Basinger are the GOAT bat love interests. phew. basinger even looked really nice in the giant nerd glasses.

Neoxon

Should I do an analysis for Spider-Man's outfit like I did for Star-Lord's Vol. 2 outfit, or is it not really necessary?

Trike

Should I do an analysis for Spider-Man's outfit like I did for Star-Lord's Vol. 2 outfit, or is it not really necessary?

nah man I got you covered

10 Spider-Man Movie Reboot 3 Suit Factz​

1. His eyes are the same in every picture, so they clearly ditched the camera shutter eyes
  2. The lines on his body are clearly either to show how edgy they are, or glow when he uses his spider-sense so the audience knows
  3. His mask comes off a lot, so it must be very loose
  4. The spider emblem on his back is raised. This must mean that he can throw it at people to do extra damage!
  5. First spider-man design to incorporate JanSport backpacks
  6. What looks like extra cartridges is really just useless accessories - a throwback to 90s pouches and Darth Vader's random useless buttons
  7. He seems to be wearing fitness bands to track his calories. Does this spider-man rely on calories to produce organic webbing?
  8. Not suit related, but from what I can tell this Spider-Man will stare at people with cameras, something he is known to be a big fan of.
  9. This is the lightest skinned version of Miles to date. Is it possible that the suit drains his skin pigmentation?
  10. The suit is clearly making his penis and/or balls feel weird, so he adjusts them constantly. Will we see this in imax 3d?
  11. GAMEPROFF cant see the CGI-Shutter eyes on these pictures

Alienous

Those photos have watermarks, so the people who take them get paid for doing so.

I wonder if their boss tells them to "Get me pictures of Spider-Man!". That'd be meta.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The webbing on the suits was always a bit overdone. It's super, super noticeable. I'd understand if it was slightly embossed, but both the Raimi and ASM suits made it the most prominent feature of the suit, especially the Raimi suit which always looked off-putting with the webbing reflecting light and all. It's rarely like that in the comics.

I'll take the current suit with the ASM2 suit's eyes. I like the logo on the Homecoming suit but I just wish it was a bit bigger.

Pachimari

I wonder how it would look if they didn't raise the webbing but instead made the lines fatter, so to be more noticeable without FX enhancements.

Ahasverus

Error 404 spider-ass not found. Terrible, terrible costume. I've seen better cosplays. I suppose that's his pre-iron man one though.

Ahasverus

it's exactly the same as his Tony created civil war suit minus CG post production
Man looking at that Raimi costume, the raised webbing does look awful.
It's the suit that Tony made.
The hell? :( It doesn't fit the kid at all, it's baggy and cheap, looks like one of those halloween costumes. The mask doesn't even look fit to his head!.

Aw. Well, the costume is not everything I guess. is it me or the Raimi suit was the "higher quality" one?

The hell? :( It doesn't fit the kid at all, it's baggy and cheap, looks like one of those halloween costumes. The mask doesn't even look fit to his head!.

Aw. Well, the costume is not everything I guess. is it me or the Raimi suit was the "higher quality" one?
Spidey in Civil War was entirely CGI despite Tom Holland wearing a practical suit on set. I assume that's the case here or they just put a CGI mask and remove some of the bagginess.

Raimi suit probably cost more to make and maintain because of the urethane webbing which is a pain to deal with because it breaks so easy. It also has muscle shading which can make the suit appear more form fitting. (Edit) I think Toby Maguire is also wearing some sort of muscle suit underneath.

Top Bottom