• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming | Production Thread

icespide

Banned
The hell? :( It doesn't fit the kid at all, it's baggy and cheap, looks like one of those halloween costumes. The mask doesn't even look fit to his head!.

Aw. Well, the costume is not everything I guess. is it me or the Raimi suit was the "higher quality" one?

this is an action scene + a scene where he takes his mask off

most scenes where the suit is portrayed the mask will be one piece with the suit so as to be form fitting and the head/face will likely be mostly CG so they can animated the eyes

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
The hell? :( It doesn't fit the kid at all, it's baggy and cheap, looks like one of those halloween costumes. The mask doesn't even look fit to his head!.

Aw. Well, the costume is not everything I guess. is it me or the Raimi suit was the "higher quality" one?

Baggy and cheap? I agree on the mask but that can be fixed in post.

most scenes where the suit is portrayed the mask will be one piece with the suit so as to be form fitting and the head/face will likely be mostly CG so they can animated the eyes

It's a set picture...
These too. For the "hero shots", he'll probably be wearing a faceshell underneath the mask. I'm guessing this is a stunt suit.

Black Panther had the same baggy issues in a lot of set pictures, and we all know how that worked out in the final film. Nothing to worry about.

Ahasverus

These too. For the "hero shots", he'll probably be wearing a faceshell underneath the mask. I'm guessing this is a stunt suit.
This makes sense. Thank you.
Black Panther had the same baggy issues in a lot of set pictures, and we all know how that worked out in the final film. Nothing to worry about.
You are right, Black Panther looked amazing on film.

Can you imagine how does it feel to be inside a costume like this one? It must be one of the best feelings on earth.. "I'm Spider-Man/Batman/Black Panther/Your fave". Even in photos Tom seems geeked out to hell and back. I love it.

Dalek

This makes sense. Thank you.

You are right, Black Panther looked amazing on film.

Can you imagine how does it feel to be inside a costume like this one? It must be one of the best feelings on earth.. "I'm Spider-Man/Batman/Black Panther/Your fave". Even in photos Tom seems geeked out to hell and back. I love it.

Not in 100 degree heat in Atlanta.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Just saw the suit pics.

Bloody hell, those weird unnecessary black lines running across Spiderman's trousers totally ruin the design of the costume. They're so pointless too. Why did they even have to added?

The mask looks great, though.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The photographer that is getting all of these set pics said there is another Spidey suit...

No pics yet.

Anyone find it strange how this photographer is managing to get pictures of Spiderman so easily? Do you think they're friends?

People can't still be criticizing the suit based on set photos can they?

How drastically are you expecting the design of Spiderman's suit to change in post, exactly?

Mariolee

How drastically are you expecting the design of Spiderman's suit to change in post, exactly?

The design itself, aside from the bagginess not much.

However, the presentation when it comes to how the scene is lit, how each shot is framed, the bits of CGI to add or remove little but crucial imperfections does wonders to how well received and how good the suit will look on film.

-griffy-

Banned
Anyone find it strange how this photographer is managing to get pictures of Spiderman so easily? Do you think they're friends?

Wait a minute....Tom Holland is looking straight at the camera in a number of these pics...

Hey what's that?
meIA5Sz.jpg

ENHANCE:
iqDqKFi.png

Oh my god, it's a wireless camera remote for Sony cameras!
s-l225.jpg

Tom Holland IS the Spider-man photographer!

SpaceWolf

Banned
The design itself, aside from the bagginess not much.

However, the presentation when it comes to how the scene is lit, how each shot is framed, the bits of CGI to add or remove little but crucial imperfections does wonders to how well received and how good the suit will look on film.

Although I don't think those alterations would do a massive amount to change the significant design element of Spiderman's costume I was personally complaining about earlier, I respect your point.

Wait a minute....Tom Holland is looking straight at the camera in a number of these pics...

Hey what's that?
meIA5Sz.jpg

ENHANCE:
iqDqKFi.png

s-l225.jpg

JJJ.jpg

Taking off and putting on masks in these films is always funny for how rarely it's shown. Tends to be shot of character putting loose fabric on head, cut, shot of perfectly form fitting mask on head.

Spinluck

Hey what's that?
meIA5Sz.jpg

ENHANCE:
iqDqKFi.png

s-l225.jpg

Goddamn Sony product placement knows no ends.

Neoxon

Hey what's that?
meIA5Sz.jpg

ENHANCE:
iqDqKFi.png

s-l225.jpg

Actual justification as to how Spidey got his pics taken at the right times. Hopefully he kept that thing hidden from the shots.

Neoxon

Black Panther's costume was a bit baggy on-set, as well (namely so that the actor can move around easier while the costume is on). It'll get touched up in post-production.

mrkgoo

post-62416-The-Wire-Wee-Bey-Brice-OMG-WTF-tm9I.gif

I see you.

Despite Tobey's small ass head; with the exception of the basketball texture of the first reboot. There really hasn't been a bad costume.
Oh man the asm2 costume is so perfect. Straight out of my comic memory.

I wonder if they will ever do underarm webs.

icespide

Banned
Taking off and putting on masks in these films is always funny for how rarely it's shown. Tends to be shot of character putting loose fabric on head, cut, shot of perfectly form fitting mask on head.

the worst is in Batman Returns when he takes his mask off and you see his face without eye makeup for a second
BatmanReturns417.jpg

Pachimari

Despite Tobey's small ass head; with the exception of the basketball texture of the first reboot. There really hasn't been a bad costume.

Eh, I loved the ASM1 costume and basketball texture. The worst thing were the yellow lenses. Though ASM2 costume were immensely better.

mrkgoo

Was still the worst suit by far

I agree. And I like the ASM movies.

The original trilogy suit has a very weird aesthetic to it, but at the time it was great. It looks weird today but not bad.

The ASM 1 design just looks awkward without the belt.

Not

Banned
Why the hell does it need all the extra lines and bullshit. The classic costume is the one case in all of superherodom where a simplified, accurate live action translation works.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Why the hell does it need all the extra lines and bullshit. The classic costume is the one case in all of superherodom where a simplified, accurate live action translation works.
Stark Shit.
Just wait until Peter makes money from all that Pics and makes his own suit. ;)

Top Bottom